We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 23:58

Apparently they're just Grass, Water and Fire, I think that's what I heard anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 0:20

Really? Like even in their final evolution, all of them are just monotyped? That's a little disappointing if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 0:34

It makes a change though I suppose, I think Fire/Fighting types are actually more common starters than just Fire.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 3:57

I think that they are staying just the one type to go back to the old ways
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:23

But the Johto starters were the worst of the bunch!

Anyway, the confirmation was just for the starters, not their final forms. The rumours are for Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, I believe.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 8:32

shanks wrote:
I think that they are staying just the one type to go back to the old ways

But even two out of three of the Generation 1 starters had dual typing...

That'd be an interesting type selection Balla, it'd mean that whatever type you were weak to at the beginning you would be able to fight back effectively against come endgame. It'd be a more balanced game I suppose.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 16:53

I doubt the water one will be water/fighting as Froakie just doesn't seem the type. Maybe water/dragon because rumours are well, just currently circulating stories or reports of uncertain or doubtful truth...yea. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 18:56

It's because of that one bit in the video where it slams into another monster. Plus, the fact that Fennekin and Chespin's moves looked psychic and dark respectively, and it would complete the triumvirate nicely.
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:32

Balladeer wrote:
It's because of that one bit in the video where it slams into another monster. Plus, the fact that Fennekin and Chespin's moves looked psychic and dark respectively, and it would complete the triumvirate nicely.

Well, nicely enough. As nice a trio as Psychic/Dark/Fighting is, it's not balanced, as the type relations don't even out. I suppose that evenness hasn't really dictated type choice for the other gens, given that Swampert is doubly weak against Grass, and both of Charizard's types good against it...
We'll see. I'd quite like Psychic/Dark/Fighting to be integrated into the starters, since it can't be used for their initial types.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:42

Darunia wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Well, nicely enough. As nice a trio as Psychic/Dark/Fighting is, it's not balanced, as the type relations don't even out. I suppose that evenness hasn't really dictated type choice for the other gens, given that Swampert is doubly weak against Grass, and both of Charizard's types good against it...
We'll see. I'd quite like Psychic/Dark/Fighting to be integrated into the starters, since it can't be used for their initial types.

It is balanced, isn't it? Fire + Psychic would mean that it would be super-effective against grass with its fire moves and again water with its psychic moves. Basically there would be the original type triangle and a sort of reverse secondary type triangle, meaning all three starters would essentially be on a level playing field.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:44

Balladeer wrote:

What.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:48

Yes, to an extent it would work, but you're forgetting that while Psychic is super-effective against Fighting, which is super-effective against Dark, which is super-effective against Psychic, the resistances aren't balanced; Dark is not very effective against Fighting, which is not very effective against Psychic, which doesn't affect Dark. What I meant is that it's not entirely balanced, but, as I said in my earlier post, that hasn't stopped them before.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:49

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

What.

You heard me. Cyndaquil and Quilava are all right: the other seven (starters and evolutions) are nothing to write home about. None of them are great competitively either.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:56

Totodile is probably my favourite starter after Charizard. Each to his own, of course.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 20:24

Darunia wrote:
...which doesn't affect Dark...

Gotcha. Completely forgot about that. Still, I suppose the fact you'd be packing Fire-type moves in this instance means there would be no reason to use Psychic-type moves anyway.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:56

I liked Meganium.. Meh
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 23:03

mono-types would be fine by me, im sick of the fire/fighting combination. Im more interested in seeing the move splash. In 3D!!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:16

My one desire for the game - and it's a silly one, I admit - is that we get a different evolution animation than in Gen 5. In Gen 5 it looked like computer graphics were remodelling themselves, instead of an animal, y'know, evolving, like it used to do. Please fix that admittedly terribly minor thing, Game Freak!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:46

shanks wrote:
I liked Meganium.. Meh

Suspect
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 9:07

It was sturdy
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 16:35

ZeroJones wrote:
My one desire for the game - and it's a silly one, I admit - is that we get a different evolution animation than in Gen 5. In Gen 5 it looked like computer graphics were remodelling themselves, instead of an animal, y'know, evolving, like it used to do. Please fix that admittedly terribly minor thing, Game Freak!
This. I noticed that on my playthrough of Black 2, thought it totally changed the look and conception of what Pokemon are.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:13

treesmurf11 wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
This. I noticed that on my playthrough of Black 2, thought it totally changed the look and conception of what Pokemon are.

I always thought there was something not quite right about that, but I could never put my finger on it until now. Yes! You are quite right.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 4:27

New info is coming in at the moment:

So far there may be a new Eevee evolution after all named Ninfia who's type and evolution method are "secret" at the moment.

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 531921_415835701836056_1774115242_n
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 7:55

It's hideous. :medusa: In fact, it's just dropped below Chespin as my least favourite generation six Pokémon so far. I'm presuming it's normal, which makes it all the more useless.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 8:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No need for me to repeat the image.)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 8:03

It does seem different from the other evolutions, plus it doesn't end in "eon"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 2 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next