We're Preparing For The Ultimate JRPG Showdown: Octo-Marth Graveler

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Fri 20 Apr 2018 - 23:19

I think it'll still do a decent amount as I seen plenty folk online going for the switch version that are first time souls players, which are surely the ones you want the most eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Prince of Altea

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 21:57

Is that Gotham Giantdad planning to terrorise the Undead Burg? Laughing

The optimistic part of me is saying they're delaying it to further optimise the game for smooth gameplay throughout and to tighten up the online experience to make sure Dark Souls will shine for what'll presumably be a fair few first-timers to the series. The cynical and jaded part of me is saying it's to tempt multiplatform gamers to double dip and to bring it closer to or even coincide with Nintendo's paid online system. I wish we knew why so I could tell Dark Jay to piss off with his miserable opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com Online
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 1:55

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the optimisation is taking a little longer on Switch than the others; it is a different team, on a whole different system, with presumably quite different architecture. I wouldn't read loads into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:35

I think you're probably right boss, and that Namco Bandai/From underestimated the amount of work taken to optimise the Switch version (which has distressing repercussions for other such games). I just wish they'd tell us that's why! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:41

Balladeer wrote:
I think you're probably right boss, and that Namco Bandai/From underestimated the amount of work taken to optimise the Switch version (which has distressing repercussions for other such games). I just wish they'd tell us that's why! Sad

Bethesda have started talking about things like that, saying they'll support best they can intill technical limitations are a factor. The thing is, I've said since it was the NX if the Switch does well it will get what would have been DS, 3DS, PSP, VITA 3rd party games and all those systems got 3rd party support, which you couldn't really get elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 20:00

Aye, that's a good shout (TWEWYmix springs to mind). I guess that's the indie market these days, huh? Hence the 100 games last month, hardly any of which I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 20:06

Indies, yeah will be a big thing as you think most won't need powerful hardware and if the system is selling as well as the DS or 3DS the big boys will won't to put games on it but be Bravely Third not Cyberpunk 2077 (which is likely a PS5 game).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Treesmurf
Raging Pedant

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 17:13

Hasn't bothered me too much and I still plan to buy on the Switch, it just seems like the logical choice for multiplatform now if I'm willing to wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:   

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls on Switch it is a real thing and I am very excited, god bless and praise the sun. :sunny:
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: