We'll Never Get (Card)Bored Of Nintendo's Ideas

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Medoh

PostSubject: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:35

Falcom's Ys VIII is heading to the Switch this year thanks to NIS pushing for it from rumours. I've never played a Ys game but I know of the series and I was even tempted to pick up VIII but wasn't sure if I should go PS4 becasue I mainly play on a TV or on VITA as I do like a JRPG on a handheld and I never bothered in the end.

The Switch version is perfect for me and should have the new translation

Athrun can likely fill us in more about the game and series but I could see this at the right time being a bit of a hit on here with me, Balla, Zero and Jay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 11:38

If I finish Xenbobob before this comes out, I might be tempted but big JRPGs do burn me out a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 13:45

I'm in Drunka's boat, only less likely to get burned out. Gives me very strong Xenoblade vibes, this, down to the stupidly dressed female character (the thread title is a dirty lie). So I'll probably pick it up, despite complaining bitterly about the dress sense.

Can't be as bad as Dahlia in XC2 though. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 16:48

It's an alright game. Combat is super basic but ultimately fine and watching your base grow is reasonably fun. Story is very long and grindy though, a game to pick up on the cheap/during a dry spell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 17:27

One of these days I'll start a blog where I draw all of video gaming's scantily clad women in suits of armour. I'll just need to learn how to draw first...

Although building'n'action RPG scrapping reminds me of Ever Oasis - which I quite liked - I'm on the fence with this. My backlog already holds a fair few RPG's I liked the look of but never really clicked with (time for the Xenoblade Chronicles cough!). Aww!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 23:30

Balladeer wrote:
(the thread title is a dirty lie)

The title is an absolute banger and I can't believe I didn't notice right away. Nice one, Mas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Medoh

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 11:26

Thanks Drunka

I think Andy is right, it is all about when this comes out but if it's July or something, then could see a few of us getting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight    

Back to top Go down

Ys VIII: Don't be tearful Dana you look lovely tonight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1