We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Go down 
+9
Admin
nupkin
shanks
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Balladeer
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 11:20

Started playing this a couple of days ago. It's beautiful - far better-looking than I'd anticipated. Still being tutorialised, though. Ruddy Animal Crossing. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 11:18

Nobody else still playing this? I'm loving it, currently in the desert saving some Pi'llos.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 11:50

Yeah I am, just have nothing to say about it at the moment
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 12:01

After the loss of my 3DS, I'm getting a new copy (and console) for my birthday. Not looking forward to the slow pace of the early sections, I have to admit.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 22:41

I finished this over the weekend. Bit mixed thoughts on this, but overall very positive.

I think the problem the game has lies with (as Balladeer mentioned once) the Dream World -- with an already big game world split into just 5 locations, it essentially doubles the running time of each section and can make progression feel slow at times. And the handholding. Mount Pajamaja was a low point for me (but still good fun), since the game lacked any confidence in the player whatsoever by not giving me an opportunity to think for myself at key points. It got annoying, fast.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this. After a key point in the story I appreciated how NPCs all had new dialogue to say (definitely return to the staff room often as well, some great laughs to be hooed from inside there), and this to me felt like the first one since Superstar Saga to have an accessible connected gameworld that gave a really good sense of place.

And the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal, with a well placed piece of credits music that revisits all the key songs in one go (like BIS's did). I really hope Nintendo release this as I'll purchase it. Sound test mode is well thought out too -- shut your 3DS's lid and the music will keep playing.

So yes, great little RPG, though I wouldn't place it as my series favourite, it dragged on for too long (and in the bits where it did, the variety wasn't there to make it feel exciting) and had too much handholding (though I appreciate how the difficulty of battles was done).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 12:05

I'm still playing but my progress is very slow. To emphasise this, I haven't made it to Mushrise Park. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 12:35

I'm currently at the beach

Doing...:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013 - 12:36

I got stuck good and proper on one of the bosses. The first one after you learn the tilty Luigi-ball superpower. Or something. I actually had to think hard in order to recall that - I can barely remember anything about my five or so hours with this, and it's only a month old. I might trade it in, as I know I'll never get round to it again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:32

My copy arrived last week and I'm on the verge of starting it, though I keep putting myself off because I'm not too sure that now is the time to be sucked into a large RPG. I'm currently reading through a series of rather large novels...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 3:00

It's not that bad I've only really been playing it on weekends only
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 7:50

I'd say it's probably not too bad to pick up and put down due to being able to save anywhere, though I've found with M&L in the past if you put it down too long you can't do the battles any more (hence why I've never beaten the boss on Superstar Saga)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 7:59

I've noticed that but only on the stupid tilt attacks
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 9:04

The tilt attacks were a mistake, frankly. Didn't mind the Luginary Ball, but the Dropchopper !$&%ed me right off.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 9:14

As if! Dropchopper is the bomb! Guarenteed Excellent every time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 9:28

Maybe it's just my clumsiness then. I am quite clumsy. My favourite attacks are Luiginary Flame, the one with the cannon, and (after I got the hang of it) the bomb-hammer attack. I really like that I've had to put in some work to master several of the Bros. Attacks (although the cannon one is easy).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 10:51

I'm awful at the cannon, I just can't quite work out how to remember the order in my head. Mario and Luigi doesn't work and Red Green doesn't either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 10:54

That makes us even! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 10:57

Once I've got through the first bit it's easy as you get so much time to react. Dropchopper is just tilt left, jump, tilt right, jump. Mario hangs in the air for long enough to catch even if you were going crazy slow!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:51

I've given up on this, I haven't touched it in ages and when I did it didn't go so well
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 22:32

I still think about what could have been with this. Its individual parts are all excellent and extremely polished, but they don't fit together so well. Chris Schilling put it best when he said it's a great RPG that's spread too thinly.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 10:39

Just fought
Spoiler:
The fight was far too long and a bit of a ball ache. Almost as bad as the giant boss fights.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:14

The giant Luigi battles really frustrated me, as gorgeous as they look. They were actually outsourced to Good-Feel, rather than developed in-house like Bowser's Inside Story.

It took me about 20 goes to beat the final one, myself mostly failing due to poor touch controls, though it was redeemed by a really awesome tilt-controlled bit (I'll say no more) near the end.

I also remember the giant Luigi battle against Earthwake (in Wakeport) was cheap too, with some very illogical timing involved.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:23

I actually found the touch better than the tilt. The tilt was driving me insane and I had to repeat the finisher several times. The final boss was really dragged out too. Shame it was a dodgy end to a great game.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:36

Yeah, it took me 3 hours to get through the final battles. Really liked the final bosses though, just as smart as they have always been in the series (how you have to open up a window for attack which will close and the enemy will attempt to heal itself afterwards).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 5:43

Easy with the (sort of) spoilers Razz

I finally got back to playig this over the weekend, I'm pretty much taking my time too as I just beat the drill headed creature in dozing sands & its seems to have let up a little on the hand holding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next