We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's a 9 mate

Go down 
+8
gjones
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Balladeer
Jimbob
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

It's a 9 mate - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a 9 mate   It's a 9 mate - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 16:27

Balladeer wrote:
I hope they don't abandon the traditional Zelda style as a result.

My biggest fear and why I rag on BotW so much as I don't want to see another Res Evil all over again and the argument is normally the old games don't go away and I can still play them but I can only play Wind Waker or Res Evil 2 so many times.

The items don't need to be linked to a dungeon or a beast but having them may help get past some of them easier is what I'm thinking. It's more to do with the characters and world building for me when it comes to the story and BotW didn't have either, it was a big field of emptiness.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

It's a 9 mate - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a 9 mate   It's a 9 mate - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 20:07

The world was absolutely belting. If there's one thing, only one, that I want Nintendo to carry on, it's the sense of world.

Athrun888 wrote:
I honestly think I'd struggle seeing the franchise go backwards after botw.  Having the game be so open in how the player could tackle it was such a refreshing take, things like dungeon items are cool, but they also mean a return to the old "every puzzle only has a single solution" design of 3d Zelda's past.

I don't see what's wrong with having only the one solution to puzzles. That solution's usually tighter as a result, and I personally get more of an 'ah-ha!' moment, knowing I've solved it 'the right way'.

I completely agree that the Bombs and Bow don't need their own dungeons again though. Nor the Iron Boots - those always end up being dull and snow.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/

It's a 9 mate
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3