We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) Empty
PostSubject: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 11:40

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) Yz4a2309-1487857203836_1280w

The Switch has had a bloody fantastic first year.  It's a year worth celebrating.  Let's do that, and decide upon the best games on Switch thus far along the way.

Big Top Ten Vote:

Tenth Place
Ninth Place
Eighth Place
Seventh Place
Sixth Place
Fifth Place
Fourth Place
Third Place
Second Place
First Place

Other Votes and Stuff:

Best Multiplayer Game Vote
Best Downloadable-Only Game Vote
Honourable and Dishonourable Mentions
Other Games, Awards Awards, and Final Thoughts

Pre-Awards OP:

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 20:44; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 13:53

RIGHT.

I like a good vote thread, but I'm not super into them like the Balls Man. I'm also not entirely sure the Switch needs a best game vote this early into it's life, especially with a Switch-heavy GotY podcast and Zero's vote both being so recent.

All of that said, I do agree that the Switch's year is worth celebrating and I can see that this means a lot to Balla so I for one have started on a big old submission for this bad boy. I hope everyone else does the same!

(I might not actually be sending said votes through until closer to the time, as I still have a few games I've not played, or don't feel I've played enough).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 17:27

Historically we have done the first year for a system then a 3rd year and 5th or all over final vote in the case of the Wii U but as we've got a Switch vote sort of means no 7th year 3DS vote but reckon that could be very much mean could get an 8th / all over final vote in 2019.

Edit
I've played something like 50+ games on Switch from looking with most coming from NSG and are things from 10tons, I have narrowed down to a Top 10, Top 5 downloads and Top 5 Multiplayer (well only 4 as I haven't done much multiplayer on Switch).

I'm just undecided on the order of the Top 10 and I feel I need do play Night in the Woods as that's a game I own that could easily make either or both Top 10 or Top 5 downloads.

Everything else looks like just good games that I've not played, maybe not Xenoblade 2 but I'm not going to have time even with 2 weeks to give its due to be voted for and sure I will miss some things like Celeste and Owlboy that maybe I should play but not paying £19 also something might come out like Old Man's Journey worth a vote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 18:52

Shocked Good going Mas, I don't even have my voting slates together yet!

Drunka, I did have your concerns about Zero's thread and Jay's podcast.  Ultimately, I feel that there was enough Nontendo/3DS in the latter, and no sufficiently clean-cut third place in the former, to make this still worth doing.  I hope y'all agree.

Drunkalilly wrote:
...and I can see that this means a lot to Balla...

More than it's cool to admit. I appreciate your efforts sir. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 18 Feb 2018 - 19:31

I've just jotted a rough top ten on the back of an envelope - literally - and I'm happy with it. However, I'm going to hang fire a little in case something I'm sitting on at the moment jumps into contention (*cough*DragonQuestBuilders(itisunlikelythough-seemsabitdull)*cough*). Then it's just down to the praisey, praisey comments. Unless I'm hating on something. A few Switch games I've played do have it coming. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:07

Started Night in the Woods which from the first hour could be a banger also I did ask a question of Twitter as I only skimmed Ballas question answering post as I didn't think I'd have anything to ask Embarrassed

But hey got to check just in case Subsurface Circular is all that its cracked up to be.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 19:01

Blimey, this voting thread’s been going on a long while, hasn’t it? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 20:13

Sickeningly so. Sick

masofdas wrote:
Started Night in the Woods which from the first hour could be a banger also I did ask a question of Twitter as I only skimmed Ballas question answering post as I didn't think I'd have anything to ask Embarrassed

No worries sir.  If nothing else, it allowed me to test that I really had EVERY QUESTION ANSWERED! Smile And you might well be right about NitW, it's a real shame I won't get to play much more of it before the deadline.

ZeroJones wrote:
I've just jotted a rough top ten on the back of an envelope - literally - and I'm happy with it. However, I'm going to hang fire a little in case something I'm sitting on at the moment jumps into contention (*cough*DragonQuestBuilders(itisunlikelythough-seemsabitdull)*cough*). Then it's just down to the praisey, praisey comments. Unless I'm hating on something. A few Switch games I've played do have it coming. Twisted Evil

Woo! Bounce Doesn't sound like DQB will be it though.  I'm not sure many Switch games I've played have had it coming, mind... with one exception. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 21:59

I appreciate the simplicity of the categories! I'll have to jog the ol' noggin (read: check my Switch library) and draft up a list for your good self, Balla.

Expect some votes... SOON.tm

And by soon... I mean Thursday, in all likelihood!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2018 - 22:10

Yeah, I'll try to get some votes over to you for this (no promises though) but like others have already mentioned I have a few games I bought a while ago that I haven't played yet & I'd like to give them a decent go so I could at least consider them.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyTue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:50

Given your views on voting threads, Jas, anything you can provide will be welcome. Smile Jay too, natch. And I completely get the thing about wanting to cram in some games before the deadline: I'm doing that myself. That said, if y'all submit votes on Sunday 4th I reserve the right to a one-day delay. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:22

The first vote is in!

That definitely merited a DoPo, shush. I was afraid I wasn't going to get any votes this week...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2018 - 21:15

I forgot on Thursday... Embarrassed

Definitely by the end of week, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2018 - 21:33

My response is almost written up, waiting until I finish Celeste to see where it goes in my top ten.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 23 Feb 2018 - 21:37

Away from my position as unbiased and perfectly fair host, anybody who takes time to put Celeste into their top ten gets a Thumbs Up! from me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySat 24 Feb 2018 - 11:58

Night in the Woods will be beaten over this weekend and will start Old Man's Journey right after which might also get beaten this weekend, not sure if I will actually get to Subsurface Circular in time but will try.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySat 24 Feb 2018 - 23:31

Got my thoughts on a Notepad file on the very laptop on which I am typing this very message. It feels like nothing will disrupt my placings by suddenly revealing itself to be brilliant or oppressively poor... but I'm still reluctant to send 'em over just yet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 18:45

ONE WEEK and a bit WARNING

Normally I'd be worried about only having two votes at this point in time; however, I know that people are polishing off games to shove on lists, as well as those who've mentioned their progress above.

I'm more worried about the people who haven't posted here at all (and haven't voted). I could and will happily run a voting thread with only the thread's current posters and voters, but it'd be good to know if anyone else will fire anything my way!

Oh, and if you want a week's extension, it starts now. Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 19:48

My votes are away! Fine machine, that Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 19:53

Thanks Jay! Grin That brings us to the grand total of... er, three. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 20:28

There you go. That was blimmin' hard work.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018 - 20:47

Sorry sir... and thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 11:14

I'm planning to play Subsurface Circular today and I see it's got some great reviews part from one outlet on Metacritic that it seems it was holding off on.

I agree with Jim it was hard work and you'll all disagree with me but I could think of one clear number 1 but everything else was sort on par with no other real standout, just some good solid games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 17:25

I welcome the update, Mas, as I remain on four votes. Four votes, going into the final two days.

Is it reasonable for me to worry now? Pale
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) EmptyFri 2 Mar 2018 - 18:14

I have handed over my voting slip. There was only one category I couldn't fill out, which I felt was a massive shame. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next