We're More Interested In Preventing Royal Weddings Than Following Them

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:23

If the only outcome of these votes has been to get more GNamerians to play Celeste (and getting Eof to post more Nah nah! ), then these have been good votes.

The_Jaster wrote:
fun fact: I have never ever bought a single lottery ticket, personally just never got the whole gambling thing.

Bet you've bought lootboxes though, you filthy gambler! Razz

masofdas wrote:
Looking back at some posts Zero brings up about 40 odd games being voted for or at least mentioned and will that grow or shrink?

I think it'll shrink, but only slightly.  Obviously at launch people are more prone to buying stuff and trying stuff as the post-launch software drought sets in, but the Switch hasn't had that so much (it feels like it's only now that we're hitting anything approaching a software drought, plus the settled BBoPs are picking up any slack).  I suspect the Games of the Generation have already been released, and we'll all find our own little personal favourites out there.

Also when Jay sees this he can de-sticky it, I think the rest of us have clocked in post-final results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 20:07

Nah never bought lootboxes either though I was mighty close to getting the Rocket League ones until someone on twitter told the special/holiday events they do give you free key drops for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Thu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:26

masofdas wrote:
The winning lottery numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42

Nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
JayMoyles
Prince of Altea

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 17:09

I did read the opening post Balla as after all, the rules are there to facilitate the fun. Smile

This thread also successfully convinced me to take the plunge on Celeste, so there's that as well.

Here's my top 10 for those that care:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:39

Cheers Jay! Smile And with that I really do think we can de-sticky this thread. Sounds like it's been a good one though!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 16:37

DoPo: Nintendo's results for the same vote are out, and without giving the whole lot, the following happened:

Top Ten:
10. Rocket League
9. Sonic Mania
8. Stardew Valley
7. ARMS
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
4. Splatoon 2
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Super Mario Odyssey
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Top Five Downloadables-Only:
15. Celeste
13. Snipperclips – Cut It Out, Together!
10. Rocket League
9. Sonic Mania
8. Stardew Valley

Allowing you to put together the top multiplayer games. Obviously we have better taste, but I'm happy to see XC2 placing high up, and less happy to see Celeste taking an almighty hit. Nobody, absolutely nobody, voted for Stardew in our vote.

I'm doing another one of these over on Scullion's Discord, for comparison. Apparently I cannot get enough of punishment. Or Excel spreadsheets.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 17:42

Excel is the best calculator some of us will ever have. I adore it. Love

As for Nintendo’s poll result, it’s very clear to see that more different kinds of gamers than us took part. It’s nice to see that we have the same estimation of Rocket League as the wider gaming populace, though. And on Celeste - well, it’s not going to have the same appeal to all of Nintendo’s customers as it is to us. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to my 8-year-old nephew, for example. Taking that and its comparative novelty into account, I’d say it’s a bit of a triumph.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Raging Pedant

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 23:13

Its also still new, if it wasn't for everyone in the forum recommending it to one another I don't think it will have been played as much and so chart in a similar position.

Stardew Valley is universally loved I understand too and can imagine it works really well on the Switch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 7:02

I'd say it won't assuming they've still not put any work into it to make it not feel like a PC game. Cursors in console games are one of my biggest pet peeves...

(It's also an ugly, charmless game that doesn't *get* the magic of the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games and only got its attention because those games are confined to Nintendo platforms and it released on PC, capitalising on nostalgia - go play Rune Factory 4 instead)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Naboris

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:47

Pretty sure I've played Harvest Moon/Rune Factory on PlayStations.

I own Stardew on Switch but yet to play it and with a Harvest Moon coming and that Dragon Cafe game, I don't know if I will actually play it. I said the other day and I'll say again we need STEAM like refund/return policy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:17

PS3 received the barely a farming game - RF Oceans, otherwise you'd have to go back to PS2/P. 3DS received HM, RF & Story of Seasons titles and I would therefore say they are currently just on Nintendo consoles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Naboris

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:19

You didn't say current though and isn't the latest Harvest Moon also coming to PS4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:24

I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about the time Stardew Valley was released. I didn't say they have always and will always be solely Nintendo mas...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Naboris

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:38

I guess just none of the current 3 consoles have had one, that I was thinking along the lines of all generations.

Also isn't Harvest Moon not Harvest Moon anymore but the other one on 3DS is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:12

Also did this on Scullion's discord: looks much closer to the overall consensus than it does ours, with a couple of indies sneaking into the bottom slots.

10. =Steamworld Dig 2/Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (2 voters and 12 points each)
9.  Celeste (13 points, 2 voters)
8. Rocket League (14 points, 5 voters)
7. Sonic Mania (18 points, 4 voters)
6. ARMS (21 points, 4 voters)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (27 points, 4 voters)
4. Spla2n (36 points, 6 voters)
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (48 points, 7 voters)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (82 points, 9 voters)
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (86 points, 9 voters)

Andy will be happy to see no Stardew there either, although it did get two votes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:22

I’m sure some folks will say that result is better than ours! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Prince of Altea

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:26

Theirs had the correct winner...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Ice Climber

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:34

What nice friends Mr. Scullion has Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Naboris

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:56

The 10th person couldn't make and wasn't going to vote for BotW what I hear
Tingle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)   

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Thanks For Playing)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: