We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)

Go down 
+6
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:24

The unlockables looked like the sort of silly fun I'd have a blast with - stuff like dubbing over the game's cutscenes and whatnot is right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 22:03

Balladeer wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, if this or a game like it were coming to Switch I'd be on it in a flash.

All the time I've spent playing this, I've had a lingering sense of disappointment that it's on this older and creakier hardware, and not on Switch. Not everything has to be on Switch, but I can't help but wonder what Intelligent Systems could have done with the IR Motion camera, HD Rumble, and the one or two JoyCon. Still, in fairness, there's aspects of WarioWare Gold that couldn't be done on Switch, and they weren't exactly going to send it out to die on the Wii U.

I can see me finishing this off in the next couple of days, keep an eye out for the review thread. I estim8 that Friday will be the d8, though that might fluctu8.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 23:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I can see me finishing this off in the next couple of days, keep an eye out for the review thread. I estim8 that Friday will be the d8, though that might fluctu8.

...you're reviewing Octopath Traveller, then?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 23:41

Balladeer wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, if this or a game like it were coming to Switch I'd be on it in a flash.

All the time I've spent playing this, I've had a lingering sense of disappointment that it's on this older and creakier hardware, and not on Switch. Not everything has to be on Switch, but I can't help but wonder what Intelligent Systems could have done with the IR Motion camera, HD Rumble, and the one or two JoyCon. Still, in fairness, there's aspects of WarioWare Gold that couldn't be done on Switch, and they weren't exactly going to send it out to die on the Wii U.

Yeah I don't begrudge them putting this on the 3ds as it is a best of Warioware game after all, I'm sure it won't be long before we get one that is made specifically for Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 23:44

So long as it features control schemes where I can hold the Joycon to my nose and pretend to be an elephant, I'm all in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 23:46

JayMoyles wrote:
So long as it features control schemes where I can hold the form baton: mini to my nose and pretend to be an elephant, I'm all in.

Fixed. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 23:48

I'll be disappointed if it isn't called the Form Baton Mini now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 11:36

The_Jaster wrote:
... I'm sure it won't be long before we get one that is made specifically for Switch.

My worry is that we’ll get a Game & Wario or something instead. No
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:50

I know what you mean - something that attaches to a gimmick too much to make the game fun after the first try. But if it means multiplayer Fruit / Islands / the Pictionary one, then I'd probably be in.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 23:46

Balladeer wrote:

I think 3DS makes the most sense given it's reheated games - you wouldn't want to be tilting the entire Switch around for the Twisted stuff!

But given you're probably lamenting the fact Nintendo decided to reheat content instead of come up with new ideas: I completely agree. Which is why I'm super disappointed that they also seem to be reheating the six year old New Super Mario Bros U. for the Switch. You'd expect a new 2D Mario by this point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 13:00

Actually quite a decent Mario platformer, that was.  I'd still prefer to see a completely new 2D Mario game on Switch.  Frankly the past master of 2D platforming has been left behind by Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, Rayman, and indie developers in the 2D platforming stakes.

(Okay maybe not Yoshi.)
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 13:00

NSMB U is rather excellent indeed. I'd rather it appeared at a later date - you'd just expect the next generation of 2D Mario to crop up by now. If Nintendo ported an old game to the DS and called it a day it wouldn't have had the same impact the original NSMB did in 2006.

I don't really think DK, Kirby, Yoshi or Rayman have left 2D Mario behind - those games play very differently to Mario's mechanics- and physics- heavy platforming. Rayman and DK are both momentum platformers, and Kirby is pretty simplified by comparison to all of them (but still good in its own right). Yoshi is just an also-ran at this point. Nothing farmed out to Artoon or Good-Feel is going to hold up to Yoshi's Island, which is possibly the best 2D platformer Nintendo has ever made to date.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 18:31

I'd say it's a far way off from excellent! It's just good. I'd say that since the NSMB sub-series launched, all of those series (Yoshi aside Sad ) have had better games than the best NSMB. You're right in that they all play differently though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)   WarioWare Gold (An Oldie) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WarioWare Gold (An Oldie)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2