We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 1:14

Yep but it seems like it's going to be very very few games that do this as I was just looking at the online play section of the online service and you can filter it to see what current and upcoming games will use the cloud and it's a whopping 1043 of them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:15

Can confirm that I’m not interested in Nintendonline. At least, not until I know what the sales are.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 10:08

Same pretty much as I've not played much online on Switch as it didn't seem to happen often, I don't care too much about NES games that it might come down the other benefits but then again I'm not buying much on Switch that isn't a retail game.

The only real good thing is the price and I can see Animal Crossing being a big one for online and as it's cheap then something like that might tip me over.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 10:20

I'd avoid it like the plague if Monster Hunter hadn't just come out Mad
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 11:20

You could count the number of genuinely new games in that direct on one hand. It does make me wonder when the Switch will stop being a history book to publishers. Square Enix is more content regurgitating the old Final Fantasy CC on Switch when last generation they brought new ideas to the series via 5 different Crystal Chronicles games. They could have released that on Wii with DS lineup and called it a day.

It doesn't have to be one or the other (ports or new games), surely? The Switch is almost two years old and Capcom hasn't released a single new game on the Switch. I'm pretty sure Wii received Zack and Wiki long before this point in its lifecycle.

Had the Switch not added portability and flexibility to traditional console gaming I'd be thinking it's the most boring Nintendo console ever despite the high volume of third party support.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 11:28

That's basically my view Fronk and why out of the games I'm looking forward to are mainly new first party games.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:51

Capcom brought us MHGU so I'll have nothing bad said about them
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 13:42

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'd avoid it like the plague if Monster Hunter hadn't just come out Mad

It looks like the only capcom games that need the membership are street fighter and that new beat em up bundle.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:39

Surely you need it for all games online part from the likes of Fortnite.

I just remembered I'll need it for Diablo 😪
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:01

If you go to the Online play tab here then click see nintendo switch online enabled software it lists a bunch of games under a specific filter. MHGU isn't on it & probably a bunch of others too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:10

That's just even more odd though that some and some paid games aren't.

I wonder if those that are paid work with the app as I know diablo does, just a bizarre service from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:14

It's likely that each dev just has a choice if they want to be involved or not so I don't think it's that bizarre at all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 21:23

You'd think if that was case everyone would say no, as how would paying for Nintendo Online help Blizzard let's say more than Capcom as I'm for one now slightly put off buying Diablo as I've got to pay for the online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 22:36

Your hand isn't being forced though as can't Diablo still be played solo and locally? Also think of it this way, instead of seeing it as a negative of it being a "paywall" for a game - we will in the long run hopefully get better quality servers for these online games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:26

fronkhead wrote:
You could count the number of genuinely new games in that direct on one hand. It does make me wonder when the Switch will stop being a history book to publishers. Square Enix is more content regurgitating the old Final Fantasy CC on Switch when last generation they brought new ideas to the series via 5 different Crystal Chronicles games. They could have released that on Wii with DS lineup and called it a day.

It doesn't have to be one or the other (ports or new games), surely? The Switch is almost two years old and Capcom hasn't released a single new game on the Switch. I'm pretty sure Wii received Zack and Wiki long before this point in its lifecycle.

Had the Switch not added portability and flexibility to traditional console gaming I'd be thinking it's the most boring Nintendo console ever despite the high volume of third party support.

So if the console didn't have the things that made it exciting, you'd think it was boring? Razz

I feel like it's all finally coming home to roost. I've not played any of these Final Fantasies, and now I'm going to play all of them. Bottom line is that y'all are being punished for your foul multiplatform ways, and as a member of the pure Nintendo Master Race I'm finally getting my desserts. Very Happy

Capcom haven't been great though. Ace Attorney 7 is overdue!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 13:58

Well, you’re wrong. I haven’t actually played most of those Final Fantasy games either (I have played VII, but not IX, X, X-II, XII, Crystal Chronicles, FF Fables or World of Final Fantasy).

I’m saying that despite Switch hardware sales and Switch offering new ways to play, it hasn’t convinced publishers to do anything else but regurgitate old games into it. And to me that’s vastly less interesting than the stuff Square Enix was doing on DS and Wii - TWEWY, FF Tactics Advance 2, The Crystal Bearers, DQ IX, DQ Swords). At least we got Octopath Traveler, but really, I just see an industry that’s behaving more risk averse than ever.

Before, we got ports (FF Advance, Dawn of Souls, Chrono Trigger, Front Mission) and new games. I don’t see how having just ports and no new games is interesting at all, even if I do want to play FFXII.

Square Enix aside, the other disappointment of the Direct is New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. You’d think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was going to set the standard for Switch ports, but they appear to be getting lazier and lazier. Super Mario All Stars combined the new Super Mario World with remakes of three older games! Here Nintendo sees it fit to port over a single six year old NSMB game and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 14:41

masofdas wrote:
You'd think if that was case everyone would say no, as how would paying for Nintendo Online help Blizzard let's say more than Capcom as I'm for one now slightly put off buying Diablo as I've got to pay for the online.

Presumably devs who put their online mode behind the paywall get a cut of the server money?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 15:56

Balladeer wrote:
fronkhead wrote:

So if the console didn't have the things that made it exciting, you'd think it was boring? Razz

I feel like it's all finally coming home to roost. I've not played any of these Final Fantasies, and now I'm going to play all of them. Bottom line is that y'all are being punished for your foul multiplatform ways, and as a member of the pure Nintendo Master Race I'm finally getting my desserts. Very Happy

Capcom haven't been great though. Ace Attorney 7 is overdue!

What you're saying we might see Red Dead Redemption 2 on a Nintendo console in 22 years time.

I've got no Idea Drunka but more I'm hearing about Nintendo Online the worse it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 21:25

(This has been moved to the general direct thread god bless)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 10:04

fronkhead wrote:
Well, you’re wrong.

I get that a lot.

I do agree with what you're saying, and put in that light it's surprisingly disappointing.  Maybe we'll see more in the third year, as it seems to be then that publishers really get to grips with what new machines can and can't do?  But I don't think we'll have a return to the DS levels of imagination... ever.

However, for me personally, I'm just looking forward to picking up some games I never got around to playing originally. Smile (Not NSMBU, I played that and it was only good first time around.) And I still don't feel that it's anywhere near 'most disappointing'. Last year was a belter on first-party stuff alone, this year's the fallow one, and next year it looks like it's going to kick it up a notch again. Every machine these days seems to have a lousy year in its first or second. This is the Switch's lousy year, and it's still got a new take on Pokémon and SSBU. That's not too shabby.

masofdas wrote:
What you're saying we might see Red Dead Redemption 2 on a Nintendo console in 22 years time.

I struggle to care about RDR2 so it's not a great example.  It's more like saying we'll see NNK and NNK2 on Nintendo consoles in, what, ten years' time?  In which case, as long as the Switch 3 is still portable then I'm more than happy to plough through Nintendo's libraries in the meantime and pick it up then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 20:44

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Presumably devs who put their online mode behind the paywall get a cut of the server money?

The vast majority of games that have an online mode on Switch are peer-to-peer, so there aren't really dedicated servers or anything like that.

As for the port chat, I've really not felt the sting of that as of yet considering the majority of ports have come from the Wii U, which was a console that I skipped. As for the Switch being plagued by ports, this isn't exactly anything new in the games industry as a whole. I remember feeling like my PS4 was useless a couple of years back with the amount of ports or HD remasters we were getting from the 360/PS3 era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 21:03

It's all subjective as take my little joke I bring up maybe the biggest game of the year in Red Dead Redemption 2 but Balla couldn't give two Hoothoots about it.

Like I don't about Wii U port's as I've had a Wii U for 6 years and same goes for Final Fantasy VII or you mention early PS4, yet I always found something new on it, as I was interested in what was coming but if you weren't it would have sucked, which how I sort of feel about the Switch at the moment.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 21:15

Totally subjective, yep. I must admit I found the 360/PS3 ports a bit more puzzling than the Wii U ports that the Switch is getting considering the potential market for the former must have been a lot smaller than the latter, what with the Wii U's poor sales figures and all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 21:21

It's a hard one as remember with The Last of Us when that came to PS4, it was pointed out over half of PS4 owners at the time didn't have a PS3.

Which I guess is the same now with Wii U to Switch, I'm now wondering how many Switch owners didn't own a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 19:42

Speaking of which, and not wanting to create a thread for NSMBU (seriously, we don't seem to have one anywhere. Eh? Awesomedude created one for NSMB2...):

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 Vqzp19xcjitio1vgoxn0

Quite apart from Peach apparently being an evolved Toad, people have taken that idea and run with it... and of course, this being the Internet, they ran straight to tits. Rolling Eyes

This is funnier:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 7 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next