We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch

Go down 
+12
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
EofGizmo
Muss
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 13:35

I really love the song in that Pokemon Let's Go trailer. I tried to find the song, but it seems to have been especially made. Here's hoping it gets a proper release without the game sounds over the top!

In other news, I watched the full conference. They make it clear that a full main series game is coming late 2019, and also that the Pokeball + is useable with Go as well. I'm pretty excited, you know?

Also also: Pokeballs are called Monster Balls in Japan, which makes much more sense if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 14:09

The Poké Ball Plus is [citation needed] apparently priced at €50. That's insane.

Also penne is the best pasta. Fight me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 15:14

The real best pasta is, of course, a lasagna sheet.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 15:20

Whilst I'd prefer a more traditional experience I'll give it a go, especially as a big Pokemon Go player it makes for connectivity reasons and we'll get the proper one next year so I'm ok with it. Really impressed with how good it looks too, hardly the pinnacle of graphical prowess but just perfect for the series.

Being able to see the Wild Pokemon is great too, just curious to see if something replaces it in terms of training your Pokemon, give me some non repetitive minigames instead.

Checked the price of the Pokeball Plus and it translated to around £35, same as the Go Plus which I understand it doubles as so not a terrible price I guess...

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 19:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
Mas, I think we should have told you this a long time ago: there's no rush to get a reply out to every message straight away. You can stop and read what you've written, then decide to press send or to edit. You can even choose not to reply, if for example, you have nothing to add or your hands are clutching big bundles of spaghetti.

P.S His name is Masuda Junichi, I believe.

Thought it was important info and since then I've read more of what Masuda has said and it seems it's going to be a lot like I said about Forza Horizon and Motorsport but they compared New Super Mario Bros and 3D Mario as in both proper games in the series but one has more of a broad appeal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 19:13

Important info will still be important after a check-through. To be fair, though, the pasta might have gone cold, and cold pasta is horrid.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 20:00

Balladeer wrote:
The Poké Ball Plus is [citation needed] apparently priced at €50.  That's insane.

Also penne is the best pasta.  Fight me.

Drunkalilly wrote:
The real best pasta is, of course, a lasagna sheet.

I'm more into Linguine or Fettuccuine but any pasta in general is Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 22:37

Ravioli or gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 2:14

I can confirm that Muss will regularly subsist on nothing but ravioli for weeks at a time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 21:15

Muss wrote:
Ravioli or gtfo.

Tbf Ravioli is top tier pasta.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jun 2018 - 21:44

Depends what it's filled with. Beef and red wine is Love
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 10:50

I made a lasagne on the farm and cooked with red wine for the first time. It came out well but I feel like it's a dangerous line between tacky and tasteful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2018 - 18:46

I must be tacky as heck then, I've done several red wine recipes and several more with other types of alcohol in.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 10:51

I've been mindlessly tapping A to throw ball after ball at a Suicune to whom I have done everything I can, so let me tell you Pokemon Go mechanics cannot come to the RPGs quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 17:19

I'd hope that they're able to capture that sense of tension I felt whenever I threw a poké ball at something as a kid. It's obviously meant to be harder to catch the legendaries but at a certain point a sense of tension is traded in for a ball-ache.

I suppose, having not played since last year, that the main difference is that in GO things are over and done with relatively quickly so you're never going to get that guff which happens in the main series from time to time. Does that diminish a sense of tension? Probably. Is that a worthwhile trade-off? Might well be.

Capturing a legendary should be about the thrill of the fight, not chucking balls and healing poks until you finally get lucky. I think the bigger problem is pokemon that are hard to catch being able to flee - that can absolutely do one - I've never felt a sense of satisfaction capturing those sorts of Pokemon, just relief that I don't have to put up with them anymore.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 19:32

Balladeer wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
Really not keen on this from what I've seen. I didn't like the catching mechanic in Go, that was the main reason I stopped playing it very quickly. Taking away wild Pokemon battles for that is very much not up my street.

Can we all just stop here for a moment and acknowledge that the process of Pokémon catching in the main games is... pretty bad?  Wander around in long grass until a Pokémon jumps out (whether you like it or not in the early stages; in the later stages, increasingly unlikely to be the one you want to find); fight it in the normal way (best part, unless you get an accidental crit); throw Balls until the RNG determines it's caught (good luck if it's a self-healing legendary, a fleeing monster etc.).  Too much dependence on chance to be fun, and there are too many Pokémon to catch these days in any case.

Thanks gents for your support. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2018 - 22:49

I do wonder how legendaries will work with this, like will I just see Moltres flying about and all I have to do is throw balls at it. If said before I like the Go throwing but things like the legendaries especially should be a battle before hand.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 12:24

They recently added Mew to the game and it was a pre determined encounter in which you're guaranteed the catch. They managed to make it a bit more epic than your usual Pokemon Go catch with the build up but it definitely felt a bit lacking.

I think they'd do well to make you battle them first before letting you catch after a few balls, that way you still get the suspense of the battle.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Jun 2018 - 15:12

If you brew a funky cold medina you can catch any pokemon
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 10:27

Battling Legendaries would be cool and would be fine I would think even for the casuals.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 10:49

Balladeer wrote:

Thanks gents for your support. Very Happy

I was deliberately concurring with you, that wasn't me missing your post and making the same point. Sorry if it came across that way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2018 - 17:50

I wasn't sure and it wouldn't have been a big deal, but thanks anyway! Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:29

They're showing this off on Treehouse NOW and it looks properly pretty.  Also, standard PokéBattles confirmed.  I reckon I'm getting this.

Sounds bog-standard though.

EDIT: They've replaced Gary/Oak with some bullshit 'friend'. Come on, Nintendo, you don't need any more pooch-screwing today...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 19:16

Weren't there rumours Red/Blue or Ash/Gary would show up in some way and guess why it's a new frenemy.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 19:16

I'm not quite sold on this, but if I have money to spare by the time it comes out I might give it a GO!

Seeing Kanto in Switch rendered 3-D is really nice, it gives the impression of a living world. It doesn't look like its anywhere near as involved as Monster Hunter World's ecosystem, but when the main game rolls around I would love it if, in addition to seeing Pokemon in the grass, if Pokemon had specific interactions with each other. I'm talking Pidgey swooping carrying a Magikarp away, or a ghost pokemon spookin some poor critter.

Even if this game isn't for me, I do like aspects of where they're going with it. Lots of potential here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch   Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Go Back to Kanto with Pokémon on Switch
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next