We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day

Go down 
+7
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 13:06

Just tried a few missions in the new demo (which does let you continue on in the main game) and does play better than it did.

I don't mind the other characters, it's just something that comes with a game like this but it was all just okay to good.

That with Astral Chain unplayed along with a few other recent games on Xbox One I've got, even though I could buy it, I just can't see me playing it and I'm in no rush to just play a okay to good game.

One for a sale or a really barren time (December, Christmas present maybe).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:51

That is not what I hoped to read. Aww! Mind you, the blabber probably won't bother me too much, so I'm still hopeful. Guess I'll wait for reviews (and I don't have the demo. yet).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 14:57

Review by Joe Skrebels lines up with how I felt.

https://twitter.com/2plus2isjoe/status/1171759851443249152?s=19
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 17:11

It's 75 on open critic and from the demos along with what I've seen it looks like a 7/10 sort of game.

One for a sale
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:11

I've not as of yet checked out the prologue demo, but I'm not exactly in a rush to following the reviews that have been dropping. I'm not entirely surprised following the original demo and I've no nostalgia for mech games of yore, so like Mas said... (all together now) one for a sale!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:03

Really quite upset by this.  I had very high hopes when it was announced.  I do think they shot themselves in the foot with the original demo., much thought I admire the practice and the feedback they've taken on board.  I reckon it's put quite a few people against it unnecessarily, considering the final product is apparently nothing like it, turning some 8s into 7s.  You never get a chance for a second first impression.

Anyway, I'm trying the demo. today and OH GOD NO

Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EEQKGmTVAAAAOZG?format=jpg&name=small
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:10

Had mixed thoughts about the demo but would have reconsidered if reviews were good. Alas they sort of confirmed my doubts about the game, even if they fixed some of the problems.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 20:20

I've heard the character creator is pretty in-depth, so you purge that clown nonsense as soon as possible, Balla. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 11:48

My actual character is more glam rocky and not quite so juggalo. The Lady did ask whether he was meant to be male or female though. Laughing

I've played through the first couple of missions and I like the gameplay. It's basically what I wanted XCX's Skell sections to be, albeit without the tremendous music and with more jumping around and not quite knowing what the HD Rumble's for. Anyway, I'm very keen on flying around as a big ol' mech (or indeed as anything) and it's fair to say the gameplay scratches that itch.

However, the game's like Xenoblade in more ways than one: it chucks a whole bunch of tutorial stuff at you early days and expects you to remember it all, as well as having an overwhelming HUD. That's likely to take some getting used to. It's also almost impossible to follow the story while you're getting to grips with your robot.

Overall, gently positive thoughts. I won't buy it straight away, but I'll carry on with the demo. If it keeps up I'm considering asking for it for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day   Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daemon X Machina - Go Ahead, Mech My Day
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5