We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. Empty
PostSubject: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:14

New challenger approaching! GRcade has joined GNamer's affiliates. To celebrate, and to drive cross-community interaction, this is one half of two Super Smash Bros. threads created, the other being "If you could add one character to Super Smash Bros." over on GRcade. Jump over and say hello!

E3 saw the full reveal of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch, the latest entry in the fighting series that for the first time brings every playable character from the series together in a single game - along with some new faces too. It looks like plenty of old stages are coming back too!

The question is, if you could add one new stage to Super Smash Bros., what would it be and why? Feel free to give us a rundown of how it'd work and what special features it might contain.

And on a personal note, welcome any GRcadians to GNamer! :toot:
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:35

I went with Slash from Snowboard kids as my character pick on GRcade, so while it doesn't have to match at all I'm favouring a snowboard kids themed stage here - a race downhill with jumps and hazards, and once everyone reaches the bottom they get carried back up to the top on a cable car, giving plenty of chance to knock people flying.

I think there is a lot more scope for interesting scrolling stages than Nintendo have necessarily explored.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:39

Hooray for cross-community threads! Grin

OR: That reminds me of that Ice Climbers stage, specifically the part where the icicle is sliding down the slope. I'm envisaging your version as being a bit closer to the Mute City stage, though.

My idea would be to add Sunshine Forest from Mother 3.

Warning - incredibly early-game and somewhat inconsequential spoilers for M3 coming up!

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. Forest%20Grotto%20(smoke)

With Lucas - and well, everyone - making the cut for SSBU, I'd like to see a stage from Mother 3 turn up. There's a couple of places that might have fit the bill, but I reckon Sunshine Forest would work the best due to the interesting transitions that we could see on this stage.

I think the basic idea for the stage would a central platform with the shack featured above with two platforms either side of this central platform. One platform would feature that hollowed out tree - plenty of potential for chaos in such a tight enclosed space - and the other platform could have the hot spring with some wood floating atop the surface to battle from. The hot spring and the shack would be perfect to have some background cameos from the cast of the game. However, the twist for the stage would be based on some story events that take place in the opening chapter of the game.

Early on in Mother 3, Sunshine Forest is struck by a raging forest fire before the next day's rainfall causes the fire to die down. This could be represented in the stage with a neutral "sunny" version of the stage before the fire transition is triggered. In this mode, pockets of the map become impossible to stand upon safely without taking fire damage and the hot spring area becomes steamier than ever (NOT IN THAT WAY), much like the smoke ball item. The rainy version of the stage could restrict the use of the hot spring platform and cause the top of the hollowed out tree to have a slippy surface, like that one stage from Pikmin.

I'm looking forward to see what others come up with!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:46

Steamy hot springs ey? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A Mother3 stage sounds quite likely now you've said it, and I can imagine hot spring - shack - tree stump working well as an arena.

JayMoyles wrote:
OR: That reminds me of that Ice Climbers stage, specifically the part where the icicle is sliding down the slope. I'm envisaging your version as being a bit closer to the Mute City stage, though.

That combination pretty much nails it! And then the cable car heading back up is pretty much just a standard floating stage, but maybe it would rock about a bit too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:53

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Steamy hot springs ey? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. Latest?cb=20140625131305
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 21:00

Having been reminded of the existence of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in another thread, I think there should be a TTYD stage. Perhaps it could be one of those stages that cycles around different areas, a la Skyloft in SSB Wii U. Rogueport Docks, The Great Boggly Tree and the X-Naut Fortress would be bangin'. I'd like TEC-XX text bubbles to appear on the stage demanding to know what love is. (Bonus text bubbles if you're playing as Peach.) Doopliss is there being a knob. Ms Mowz steals your shit. Madame Flurrie blows stuff around like that tree does in the Kirby stages. God I love TTYD.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 12:34

Don't do this to me Rum! Aww! Jay's idea would certainly be better than squinting at New Pork City.  I don't know enough about Snowboard Kids to comment: I only hope the AI isn't as incompetent with scrolling stages this time, because they would've been much more fun if the CPUs hadn't kept falling off.  

Anyway!  Sky Pillar.

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. 6a8c051597d09b4df7679d7a2181775e

While no longer my favourite region, ever since realising that 7.8 was justified, Hoenn still holds a special place in my heart.  My idea is that you start off playing on top of the pillar, with bits of the floor occasionally toppling like in the games.  Kyogre and Groudon occasionally show up: Groudon with slowly damaging sunlight that you have to dodge, Kyogre with more straightforward lightning strikes.

THEN!  At around the minute mark, Rayquaza flies through the pillar, which falls apart, leaving you on the gyrating dragon's back.  I'd suggest wind pushing you back, but not too strongly because that is not a fun game mechanic.  Eventually it drops you back on the pillar and the cycle continues.

No Megas/Primals because those were a stupid idea akin to gilding the Lilligant.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:11

That's a neat idea. Thumbs Up!

Rayquaza and Smash have a bit of a history together too, considering his boss battle in SSBB so it makes sense too. I'm for it!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 21:18

I was trying to think of a left-field indie thing, but there needs to be more BoTW in everything. Zora's Domain, I reckon. a side-on slice of that, with all the shiny paths and waterfalls. Plus it's sort of built like a big arena anyway. But Paper Mario TTYD and Snowboard Kids are great shouts.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.   If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros. Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could add one stage to Super Smash Bros.
Page 1 of 1