We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn

Go down 
+6
shanks
Rum
Treesmurf
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn Empty
PostSubject: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:26

Kirby's Epic Yarn is getting a 3DS update next year, with new levels, power-ups and minigames on top of what we played back on the Wii. I'm up for this - I'm a massive fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn, as my comments from the Simply The Best thread in summer 2016 show:

Quote :

My favourite Kirby game of all time is 2011’s Kirby’s Epic Yarn, on Wii. This is one of the most captivating and charming games I’ve played in my life. I admire so much of what Good Feel did with this – it’s boundless enthusiasm, superlative animation and gorgeous soundtrack are all as good as it’s dazzling and peerless visuals. It’s unbelievable. I’ll wrap this up by saying that Kirby’s Epic Yarn is, to my mind, one of the best games of all time.

That's quite generous to be honest, but it's really, really good time. I'm going to buy the 3DS version - how about youse?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:54

I wish I had your enthusiasm for it Razz

I found the original to have a wonderful aesthetic, but gameplay wise it was... forgettable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:18

It's my favourite Kirby game. Everyone who hasn't played it on Wii should pick this up.

Also: an excuse for me to post the Outer Rings music again. Belter.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 13:49

I have it on the Wii unplayed but seeing as my 3DS seems to be struggling lately I'll probably stick with that when I eventually set the console up.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 14:24

I never played it on Wii, so I might well pick this up. I haven't played my 3DS properly in a long time, but I still intend to buy and love Metroid: Samus Returns, so with this coming along as well I won't be relegating it to the cupboard for a while yet.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 13:26

I too never played it on the Wii, so I will most likely get it, probably on my Japanese 3ds as that's the one that seems to have the Kirby games
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 0:27

If Good-Feel has redesigned elements of the visuals for the 3DS I'm in, if it's a straight port shrunken down to the 3DS I'm out.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 9:44

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World has a demo on the 3DS eShop that I imagine would be a good way to gauge if Good Feel are going to redesign Epic Yarn or shrink it. I think that's what Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn will be like. For me, it's somewhat impressive that Woolly World runs on a 3DS and it plays the same, but it's a very notable visual downgrade from the Wii U release. I think the aesthetic is even more important to Epic Yarn's charm than it was with Woolly World.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 10:09

Epic Yarn was originally a Wii game though, 3DS should be able to manage it right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 12:11

Yeah it will supposedly run on all 3ds/2ds systems
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 12:27

The 3DS should be able to handle Epic Yarn to an extent. The 3DS also hosts a version of Donkey Kong Country Returns, which launched on Wii at around the same time as Kirby's Epic Yarn. But on 3DS, DKCR's visuals were quite badly compromised - and that would be quite a big issue with Kirby's Epic Yarn, as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 14:22

It looks solid to me from the trailers - all the fabric deforms under Kirby's feet which was lost with Woolly World 3DS.

It's a shame a lot of the graphics haven't been redrawn/re-exported to look crisp on the 3DS's lower resolution display though. The score meter looks particularly low-res because of this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:39

There's a two-level demo on the European eShop now, showing off Extra Epic Yarn's devilish mode and showing off how they've crammed a Wii game onto a 3DS. They've done fine.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 21:30

I gave the demo a try and it actually put me off buying the game!

Technically it is indeed a great port - looking the part and playing just as I remember on Wii. But the new transform mechanics really break the game. The levels were never designed around them, so you can easily circumvent level furniture that's meant to be tackled with the traditionally 'yarn pulling' mechanic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:48

Making a Kirby game even easier feels like a really bizarre design choice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 11:07

I mean, they did something similar with Yoshi's Crafted World...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 22:12

Also, would the audience for the 3DS be either younger than what it was due to the price of the system etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn   Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
Page 1 of 1