We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014 - 9:26

Yep, it was just abbreviated to XC.  But as you say, I don't mind: it's a great soundtrack that fully merits a bit more exposure. Smile Don't mind you doing the same with other big games I've already covered either.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 14:53

Howdy all! This week I'm stepping in for a guest spot here in Nintendoland.

GNamer's Music Week 113

Mother 3

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Mother3Logo_9443

So, way back in Week 3 (!!!) Balla did touch upon this, but I feel that Mother 3 deserves a little more attention than a look at merely one track. So, without any further ado, let's listen!

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Panel008

Mother 3 is a sad game, certainly, but it's also really silly as evidenced by Mr Batty's Twist- a theme which accompanies encounters with a bat enemy. If the opening of the track doesn't make you smile and remind you of anyone in particular, then hopefully that .gif jogs your memory. The battle music in this game is generally pretty bonkers and eclectic - a running theme with the three Mother titles. Having said that, as Troublesome Guys demonstrates, it can get serious when it needs to.

Okay, I have to stray into spoilery territory with this one - don't worry, it happens VERY early on in the game, but it's still a huge plot point. So, read at your own peril.

Spoilers be here:

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Mother-3-hummingbird-egg

As well as the music being brutally sad or funny at parts, it's also really fucking amazing too. Unfounded Revenge serves as sort of a main theme for the villainous Pig Masks, and one you'll likely recognise in some form from playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's just a solid, well written theme. Mind of a Thief plays at the beginning of Chapter Two, serving as Duster the thief's theme, in a way. I think it really accurately reflects the feelings of the town of Tazmily at the time as well - not to mention that it's just a gorgeous track. It evokes a sentimental feeling in me, and it's probably my favourite in the whole game.

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 VideogamePigsMother3-620x

And to finish up, here's a track that bundles up the emotion, the intensity and the silliness of Mother 3 into one package - Smashing Song of Praise.

That's all folks! I could have rambled on for a lot longer about Mother 3 -there's one major major heartwrenching plot point I didn't even touch on - but I feel I've rambled on enough. Be sure to check the Non-Ninty thread in Thursday for Drunka's contribution over there!

Next week: And now we return to your usually scheduled programming.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 21:29

Surprise choice here from Mr Moyles! I've yet to pay any of the mother games, though I do have earthbound on Wii u. That said, I'll give these a good listen as I go to sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:10

Yeah, they're tough to impossible to track down, save Earthbound. Mother 3 hasn't even seen a western release, sadly.

Do let me know what you think of the tracks though - I think it's a really underappreciated OST as a whole, and I really could have posted more.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 6:47

It's about time we got to see all the Mother games in the West, methinks. A compilation game would be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:47

It's a shame that we didn't see that following Brawl - it worked for Fire Emblem following Melee.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:58

As I said before, very happy to see people redoing my music weeks if they think the games deserve it!  That said, for all that I loved my time with M3, I'm not sure whether I'd have given it an überweek.  There were a couple of splendid songs, and a lot I barely remembered - Mr. Batty Twist fits into the former category, Mind of a Thief the latter.

Might say a bit more myself about it later, but for now, here's Monkey's Delivery Service, a charmingly sad tune and a brilliant pun on a certain Studio Ghibli film all in one.  I too wish that the Mother games had got a western release, but I also loved the fanslation - Fassad?  A stroke of genius.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:16

Balladeer wrote:
There were a couple of splendid songs, and a lot I barely remembered - Mr. Batty Twist fits into the former category, Mind of a Thief the latter.

Might say a bit more myself about it later, but for now, here's Monkey's Delivery Service

See, Mind of the Thief was the first track that came to mind when I decided on Mother 3 - it was one that stuck with me long after playing the game, whereas Mr Batty's Twist was one that I had forgotten about and came upon when flicking through the OST on writing the post. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Having said that, I really regret leaving out Monkey's Delivery Service now - what a gorgeous little track!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:23

What's happened to Drunka's entry in the other music thread.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:25

That's tomorrow! I update that thread on Thursdays.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 23:23

JayMoyles wrote:
And to finish up, here's a track that bundles up the emotion, the intensity and the silliness of Mother 3 into one package - Smashing Song of Praise.
Win! This is Mothery indeed. (If you haven't finished Earthbound... Boo )

Actually, can I pimp something while I'm here? Most of Knytt Underground's "music" is ambient noisery, with a couple of odd wacky dubstep thrown in. However, I cannot get the Underwater Lab Tune out of my head. At the time I was playing this, I'd recently visited some old places from my early childhood; this, along with the super-retro format of the game (in terms of workings, not e.g. graphics) made me a bit nostalgic. Just me probs.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014 - 7:33

Jimbob, that is bloody lovely. I love "ambience-techno" in games. If you'd told me that it was like that the whole way through, you might just have sold me on the game here and now... but it isn't. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 12:12

GNamer's Music Week 114
Zelda Cover Version Special Week!

Well, Hyrule Warriors is here and it is amazeballs. I will get around to covering it eventually, but I'm thinking I might do a Zeldathon one day like my current Metroidathon. So, inspired by Hyrule Warriors' amazing guitar version, here are the best covers and remixes I could find of the classic Zelda Title/ Overworld Theme! Please, post your own, I'm sure there are millions!
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Zelda1

Lindsey Sterling on violin
It's a medley but it opens with the title theme and I love a nice violin piece almost as much as the Balls Man!

Jonas Lefvert on acoustic guitar
I just find this one really relaxing. If I had the patience to learn an instrument, I'd play this for my kids one day around a campfire.

Smooth McGroove
Just for Jay!

Dan Newbie on bottles and glasses
I wonder if that's a nice Pinot Grigio in those wine glasses?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 13:18

Not listening to that Smooth McGroove version. Razz

That acoustic cover was lovely though!

How about a smooth bossa version? Relaxing, but likely not to everyone's tastes. Unintentionally hilarious at times.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 13:31

Top week, Drunka! My favourites were Lindsey (although her video's a bit silly - all that ridiculous dancing about, and she's blatantly not playing the actual theme at the same time), bottles man, and Jay's bossa nova version. (By far the worst is the HW version! Laughing )

Here's my favourite, off the free CD that came with Skyward Sword. Simply, a bombastic orchestration, and nothing gets me hotter than bombastic orchestration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEyzxJ4NGI
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:06

I do love about Lindsey Sterling, she does do that dancing at her shows Balla if you watch her live performances record on YouTube. I guess it's part of her dance up tempo stuff of hers as it was just her stood there playing the violin it might be a bit boring.

Also she has some other Zelda music. I do hope you do Hyrule Warriors it's got some really good versions of the classics.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 9:41

Ha! Jay, yours was quality.
And I would have used one like Balla's but decided against it in the end. I think I just forgot.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 19:16

GNamer's Music Week 115
ONM's Number One Third Party Game Week

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Re4_logo
A very worthy winner in the latest issue of ONM and one of my all-time favourite games. Phenomenal stuff with music which, even if you don't always hear it, always maintains a great atmosphere and tension.

5: The Drive
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Resident%20Evil%204%20hd%20Remake%20-%20world
What's that? You want a generic, cliched piece of music to establish the vague mainland Europe setting? Oh, but you want the very epitome of that ideal? Yeah, can do.

4: Salazar
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Salazar_stabbed_in_hand
Meeeeester Scott Kennedy!

3: Back Up
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 RE4-11
You know when I was talking about tension and atmosphere and the incredible things this soundtrack does with those things. This bit doesn't do that. Instead, this is cheesy action movie stuff that gets me fully pumped.

2: Regenerador
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Re43
Creepy music for the creepiest motherfuckers in all of gamedom. Shudder.

1: Serenity
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 1230232651
Just one of the most perfect pieces of music in videogames. Perfectly captures the feeling of being safe and secure while also maintaining the foreboding and dread. Sublime.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:03

I see the grackler................ *MUNCH & CRUNCH*

Tha grackler woz here.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:06

The_Jaster wrote:
I see the grackler has been eating posts again.
Yeah, not entirely sure how I managed that. All done now though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:12

Oh boy, the last two I recognised immediately as they started. That bloody corridor where you meet the first regenerator...
Although I think I like the original (remake) save room music better, it's still a "bigg'n"
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:31

I was watching some random chap speed run this on twitch in the early hours of this morning, anyhow I've never been too overawed with the music in Resi games if I'm honest but that's a nice selection especially the regenerator piece.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 21:15

Most of Resi's music wouldn't be doing its job if you noticed it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:03

Meteos was rob- yep, even boring myself with that now.

I've always been one for the more melodic pieces, which is why you won't see many Zelda dungeon tunes in my music weeks.  That said, agreed wholeheartedly that the Regenerador tune is bloody brilliant.  The musical definition of "bricking oneself".  Along with, on the topic of Zelda, this.

Drunkalilly wrote:
What's that? You want a generic, cliched piece of music to establish the vague mainland Europe setting? Oh, but you want the very epitome of that ideal? Yeah, can do.

Ooh, not sure I can agree with that.  Not that GV is meant to be representing clichéd Spanish guitar, but if it wanted to, it would do it with aplomb.

Speaking of which (doing a little mini-Zelda week all of my own here), Smash Bros. 3DS has managed to pull off the impossible: doing a remix of GV that doesn't defaecate all over the original.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 16:31

Athrun's Video Game Playlist: Track 05 ~ Don't speak her name! (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4ff1HXYY
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 JipclvQ3HO6iU

Shock, a Nintendo theme! After the rocking boss themes from last week it's only fitting to have an appropriate contrast, and what better than my absolute favourite theme from fire emblem awakening, the heart wrenching Don't speak her name! Forgoing the "epic" choir and fast tempo nature this is no less powerful for it. Very easy to just lose yourself while listening to this one.

I was originally planning on putting a Smash theme for this weeks pick, but ultimately the fact it's neither in my music collection (why must you make all this awesome music and then never release it properly nintendo!? Aww! ) and after last week's azure arbitrator I felt the song in mind was a tad excessive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next