We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 9:15

Brawl urghh

From a Nintendo perspective my early teenage years before the 360 came along in the my midteens would have been rather similar to Balla but we used to take it to serous and have champs at the game along with tournaments at the weekend on none other then Melee

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 10:18

SSB4 is definitely my least played of the Smash games. I think it's the best, but it just came along at a different time for me: a time when I had more to do, less time to while away playing infinite matches against the CPU, and more guilt when my time's spent in that manner. The DLC kept it going though, thank goodness for that.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I didn't play Ruby or Sapphire at the time, only Omega Ruby when it came out. That I can't remember any of the tunes from it probably tells me that I don't think it's all that amazing. If somebody ever does a Best Pokémon Game vote, those will probably be quite low down on my list.

Yep, I think the consensus was that the best tunes from the original hadn't been remixed very well. You probably need the nostalgia of having played RSE. I maintain that it had the best soundtrack of any Pokégame given its time of release. Most GBA games sound bobbins now, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 11:02

Here's a non-bobbins GBA soundtrack that just popped into my head:

Greener used to mention this theme in just about every issue of NGamer back when he was the editor. To be fair to the man, it's a belter of a credits tune.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 12:06

MKSC had a beltin' soundtrack - again, for the time.  Probably my favourite GBA soundtrack.  Dat Sky Garden.  Also it allows me to troll Jay repeatedly by posting this.

Hoping against hope for a Smooth McGroove version.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 20:09

Have I left it too late for teenage anthems? If not, this

When you were waiting for someone who went to have a piss, or were all too lazy/tired to turn the game off. Good times. I think.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 23:31

That is a belter! The music on facility always sticks in my mind whenever I think of Goldeneye 64.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 10:06

I was never very good at Goldeneye. That main menu music in particular fills me with dread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 10:15

Love me some Goldeneye 007, that was a lot of my early childhood / teen's along with other shooters most on Nontendo though.

I was going to do the same as this but in the Nontendo thread but I can't think of levels tracks in likes of Timesplitters 2 which I did play on Cube.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 10:22

masofdas wrote:
Love me some Goldeneye 007, that was a lot of my early childhood / teen's along with other shooters most on Nontendo though.

I was going to do the same as this but in the Nontendo thread but I can't think of levels tracks in likes of Timesplitters 2 which I did play on Cube.

No, me neither! I was going to say, "What about the level where..." but I think TS2's were all a bit (deliberately) ambient.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 20:54

The long-forgotten glorified schedule-filler that was Dr. Luigi has a grand remix of the Dr. Mario Chill tune, which is probably the best thing in the whole game.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 21:14

The original Chill theme was bobbins.  That... isn't.  And that's very impressive in its own right. Thumbs Up!

What the heck have they done to Fever though? Eh?

EDIT: Phew, there's a classic version. Saved.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 13:49

For me very few remixes of video game music ever improve on the original but this is an exception to that. In parts it gave me chi-no wait ARG I felt like it could have been cut from the Luigi's Mansion soundtrack... which I suppose is the point. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 22:41

GNamer Music Temporal Block 142: Tattlecast it Up to 11!

Yo-Kai Watch

Just a short one for you this week. YKW had a number of 'nice' songs that were all relatively forgettable. One stands out to me.

Title Theme

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Yokai-watch

Honestly, even here there's not that much to say. It's a very pleasant bouncy tune, nice and hummable, that leaves you in no doubt that this is going to be a rollicking adventure full of cartoon ghosts, rather than Fatal Frame-style monstrosities, or even Luigi's Mansion's spooks.

Incidentally, the final dungeon theme is actually a subtle remix. Clever, gents. Clever.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 11:30

On the subject of remixes this right here is pure unadulterated badassery!

This is how electric guitar is done Pokemon, take note!

Also never thought I'd see the day I'd find a version of Ares Boss I like almost as much as the original

Lastly since it's been eons since I've contributed to this thread, I just want to say that for all its flaws Fire Emblem Fates has an astonishingly good OST.  I love how each route has its own musical flavour, Nohr gets european instruments, Hoshido gets the obvious Japanese and asian instruments, and Valla gets its own as well.  

Might even do a top ten for this once I've finished Revelation!  The ost is seriously god tier, haven't heard a game ost that's impressed me this much since, well, it's been so long I can't even recall the last one honestly.  I mean have when was the last time you heard such a perfect final boss theme?  Beautiful piece of music, nails every emotion you want in a final boss fight!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 13:45

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Tumblr_nzasbuvKgg1r0sqjpo1_500

Mizutsune theme from Monster Hunter Generations, which I think is the best monster theme they have done since Zinogre.

----

Also here's the themes of the other 3 flagship monsters of the game:

Astalos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6xzz1bUGE

Gammoth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QyrUsdVaeU

Glavenus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82o2s0ED4bM
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 9:48

I much prefer Mizutsune of the two - I'm a sucker for traditional Japanese musics, but also Zinogre's melody is a bit ugly. Generic heroic stuff without being particularly nice to listen to, not in isolation anyway.

If y'all aren't humming this, or similar, this week until Thursday, I'm pretty sure you are, as they say, 'doing it wrong'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 18:38

Mizutsune's theme is my absolute favourite from Generations - makes an already fun fight even better!

Balla: I'm hoping for some updated versions of classic themes in Spirit of Justice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 18:52

Poochy & Balla wrote:

I much prefer Mizutsune of the two - I'm a sucker for traditional Japanese musics, but also Zinogre's melody is a bit ugly. Generic heroic stuff without being particularly nice to listen to, not in isolation anyway.

Mizutsune is probably my favourite of those 2 now as well.

---

That AA music sounds a wee bit like this but much quicker.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 19:06

To diverge for a moment, all 2 Unlimited songs sound the same to me.  I listened to No Limits a while back because there's a cricket chant based on it (complex stuff I'm sure you'll agree), and that's basically No Limits again!

But while we're on traditional Japanese boss battle musics, I can't resist reposting these two from Okami - and also Ho-Oh's battle theme from HGSS, possibly the best Poké-updating of an old theme there is.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 17:12

Mizutsune's theme has been lodged in my head for a while now, which is annoying as it is difficult to sing or hum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyThu 8 Sep 2016 - 22:29

Once again I've been reminded of Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games' superb soundtrack. Some of the remixes and arrangements of older tunes in this game are quality. The music is easily the best thing about the game:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 20:20

GNamer Music Time Interval 143: SATORHA!

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright - Spirit of Justice

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-6-screenshot-66-600x338

Ah, y'all knew this was coming.  I couldn't wait any longer, even though by rights a five-tune post should wait until a week ending in 0... but the Phoenix Wright games, almost without exception, have bloody amazing soundtracks.  SoJ is no exception - it was difficult putting together ten.  Shall we?

MUSICAL SPOILERS WARNING I GUESS, don't read any of the YouTube comments if you mean to finish the game and haven't.  I could easily have put in the "final boss'" theme, but didn't.  And no DLC, the piece with all the new music isn't out in the West yet.

6-10:

5. Lady Kee'ra - Guardian of Khura'in

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Spirit-of-Justice-3DS-Launch-Announcement-Screenshot-4

One of the two goddesses of Khura'inism.  This one is the vigilante defender.  If they wanted to let us fight her in a spin-off game, with this as the boss battle music, I for one would not object.

4. Uendo Toneido - The Laughing Typhoon

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 WVW69jqiqRA-O1KD6k

Either one of your worst, or best, witnesses depending on where you come from on the Internet.  This theme was never not going in here - it's not a blinder (dat MIDI), but bits of it have been stuck in my head for days.  Share and share alike.

3. Investigation - Core 2016/Investigation - Core Abroad

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Innsanct-14991

Are faeces descending?  I do believe they are.  Even extended to ten tunes, I'm still cheating - if I had to choose, I'd go for 2016, but fortunately I don't!  Both epic pieces, albeit not with a moment quite as drastic as JfA's original Core theme accompanied (that applies to the whole series though...).

2. Audience Chamber

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 PWAA_Spirit_of_Justice_screens_07_bmp_jpgcopy

Not all is well in the country of Khura'in.  If you couldn't tell as much before you heard this music, you definitely can now.  I won't tell you where it plays, so here's a picture of the courtroom instead.

1. A Cornered Heart

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 20160517_063143_thumb

DESPAIR.  I've got no idea if this piece is as great without the BIG TWIST that accompanies it.  After five minutes of listening to it, I'm going to go with 'yes'.

What a soundtrack.  What a game.

Responses to posts above:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 22:15

I will be ignoring your post until I catch up and play that game myself.

Speakingof which, I've given your review plenty of time now so I'mma play some Ace Attorney :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 22:19

Hey I asked for three days, the rest was all you. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 18:10

I didn't like YWW much upon hitting about the halfway point (it was a'right), but some of the music's not bad at all!  It all sounds quite Kirby to me.

And here's the equivalent of Outer Rings!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next