We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spintires: Mudrunner

Go down 
+3
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
fronkhead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Spintires: Mudrunner Empty
PostSubject: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 22:12

Just released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5ic2cR-V0

Switch version review: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/11/27/spintires-mudrunner-american-wilds-review-for-nintendo-switch/

I got my copy a few days early and I'm having a blast with it. Basically you drive a bunch of heavy duty vehicles around tricky terrain to complete certain objectives. The physics are extremely convincing, and it's really fun to get your vehicle out of a sticky situation. Either by brute forcing it or using the winch to pull yourself out of a ditch or a river.

There's challenge mode, which gives you a number of small, shorter tasks to complete (tow this vehicle to the goal, drive up this rocky mountainside, grab and transport these logs to the lumberside), but the real meat of the game seems to be in the single player/online co-op. There you're placed in a large environment with a general task to complete, and you've got to use a bunch of vehicles in tandem to get around and slowly figure things out. This is probably a lot more efficient played in online co-op, since you'll have four people moving around the map, hopping between vehicles, so I was wondering if anyone else planned on getting this? I think it could be pretty fun in co-op.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 22:25

Oh lord, seeing those tyres spinning just gives me flashbacks to the Beast from the East and trying to get my car out of the snow. Laughing

It looks like something that'd shine in multiplayer for sure, although the reviewer mentioning frame rate issues coupled with the price tag being a bit higher than I'd have hoped means it might one for a sale for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:26

This is the sort of game I imagine being one of those surprise massive success stories because a bunch of dads and their kids play it a whole bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 16:55

Oh, I saw this on the eshop and just assumed it was terrible shovelware
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 9:28

That's why we have yer man Fronk here for us! Not my sort of thing, big muddy cars and that; but if you're one of the people who semi-explicably spent hours on Euro Truck Simulator, seems like this might be one for you?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 20:35

Haha, thank you. I do like digging out these strange curios which bring us new gameplay mechanics and ideas. Nintendo used to fill in that gap on a regular basis with the DS (and less so with 3DS, but I still loved stuff like Fallblox!), but with Ninty taking a backseat on the experimental smaller games thing I've had to look elsewhere more often.

I was playing this online and had a blast. The cooperative aspect to the game elevates it to another level, I've found. One player was a bit of a muppet and cut me off while I tried to overtake, leaving me stranded on the curbside. But another player came along and helped me back out by attaching a wench to their lorry. I loved that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 20:41

I know this might sound bad this is the sort of game I'd love to see on Game Pass, as it's something I certainly would like to give a go but not sure I would want to buy unless cheap just in case I didn't like it.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySun 2 Dec 2018 - 17:44

fronkhead wrote:
But another player came along and helped me back out by attaching a wench to their lorry.

BAN THIS SEXIST FILTH
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 16:49

Baubleadeer wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
But another player came along and helped me back out by attaching a wench to their lorry.

BAN THIS SEXIST FILTH

Oh my! Winch. This might be my favourite typo since Stu's almost a decade ago XD
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 16:50

masofdas wrote:
I know this might sound bad this is the sort of game I'd love to see on Game Pass, as it's something I certainly would like to give a go but not sure I would want to buy unless cheap just in case I didn't like it.

Switch games do retain their value though, and the boxed version *does* have some lovely inside cover art. I picked it up for under 30 before launch
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:21

fronkhead wrote:
Baubleadeer wrote:
fronkhead wrote:

BAN THIS SEXIST FILTH

Oh my! Winch. This might be my favourite typo since Stu's almost a decade ago XD

Spintires: Mudrunner Fjc54zM

I believe that picture popped up a fair bit back then.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 18:50

What was the original greatest typo? I've forgotten. Some GNamerian I turned out to be...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 20:32

fronkhead wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Switch games do retain their value though, and the boxed version *does* have some lovely inside cover art. I picked it up for under 30 before launch

I'd sooner play on Xbox as well though
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySat 8 Dec 2018 - 13:40

Baubleadeer wrote:
What was the original greatest typo?  I've forgotten.  Some GNamerian I turned out to be...

I think it happened on Twitter back in 2009 so that might be why you missed it! Stu said he was "going to the pube" one evening when he meant pub.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:02

Blimey, that's the NGamer era! I'm not sure how online I even was at that point, it was mid-uni.

I feel old. Pale
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:12

Well, it's like I'm psych as Mudrunner is coming to Game Pass this month and I will be downloading right away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spintires: Mudrunner   Spintires: Mudrunner Empty

Back to top Go down

Spintires: Mudrunner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: