We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... Empty
PostSubject: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptySat 8 Dec 2018 - 13:52

Something I've noticed over the past few months is games which didn't receive huge print runs on the 3DS tend to go for £45 or more preowned, despite costing a fraction of that when there wasn't much demand for them in the past:

• Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, which was £15 new a couple of years ago, is now around £45-50.
  • Etrian Odyssey V, Strange Journey Redux and Radiant Historia, all published by Deep Silver for Atlus, go for £45+ as well, despite launching this year.
  • Sega 3D Classics Collection now goes for £30-40 despite being around half that price after it launched.
  • Persona Q is £40+, a sold listing for the limited edition went for £140.
  • Devil Survivor 2 is now going for £40-45 despite being £30 last year (I grabbed a new copy then!)

and so on...

Which leads me to think this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jake-Hunter-Detective-Story-Nintendo/dp/B07K2993ZN - will end up rather expensive.

The game is already out as a digital-only eShop release, but Aksys Games has expressed a desire to release a boxed version in Europe at a later date. I can't see it getting many copies printed, so it could potentially be a rather desirable game to own in the future.

Are there any 3DS games you're planning to pick up that you want to play, which seem like they might go out of print soon? I noticed that the EU distributor for NIS America, Reef, has some stock left of games like Legend of Legacy and Etrian Odyssey IV. I reckon when that runs dry those games will become hard to find for collectors: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Legend-of-Legacy-3DS-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-UK/222779329952?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:28

Hah! My 3DS is broken, so not really. What was that late 3DS JRPG by (I think) NIS with the four completely different classes? I liked the look of that, it looks like the sort of game that might be limited.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:32

Seems the norm Atlus, NIS etc why I know it's VITA, I may get Death Mark soon as I can as can only see it going up in price.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 14:14

Baubleadeer wrote:
Hah!  My 3DS is broken, so not really.  What was that late 3DS JRPG by (I think) NIS with the four completely different classes?  I liked the look of that, it looks like the sort of game that might be limited.

Are you thinking of the Switch game Labyrinth of Refrain? That was by NIS, and it's one of my favourite games this year! Or was it a 2.5D RPG like Radiant Historia?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 16:23

Not LoR, I remember Ninty Life loving the game I chose and they were fairly severe on LoR. Might have been RH. Academic now!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 19:36

Well
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 17:21

This happens a couple of years after the end of every Nintendo console generation, game and hardware prices inevitably skyrocket. I’m not sure how the scheme of things will look in future years with the 3DS though, especially when Nintendo of Europe massively and hilariously overproduced copies of so many of their games. I’ve never checked, but I’d not be surprised to see stuff such as Yokai Watch, Sushi Striker and Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash! Poundland and B&M right now, and over the next couple of years too. I don’t think you could give away copies of Codename S.T.E.A.M at this point.

I think we’re past the 3DS’s best bargain-hunting period, but there’s still the odd deal to be found at Argos. Yet as it disappears off the shelves and off of online listings, folk seem to be recognising that it’s probably now or never for getting most of the 3DS’s most reputable and wanted games at a sensible price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...   Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days... Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of print 3DS games are rather expensive these days...
Page 1 of 1