We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)

Go down 
+12
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Gwyn400
beemoh
Admin
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
fronkhead
Axis1500
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 23:34

As I ranted on Twitter yesterday for quite some time: this is Nintendo's stupidest idea in ages. Bravo, Nintendo. *slow clap*
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 19:27

Buskalilly wrote:
I still hold to my conspiracy theory that Nintendo only came up with this to get rid of some component or other that they had an excess of but that isn't usable in any of their other devices.

Yes but also to make money off innocent Canadians, it's sold 37500 unit so far over there (according to CVG at least...)
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 1:11

So, it's RELEASE DAY..................... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 1:56

And nobody flocked to get one
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 8:01

...and I was having such a good day too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 13:02

Gonna buy one of these tonight.

Sorry, I meant order a takeaway. That's what I was going to do tonight.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 13:19

I have a feeling this could be one of those pieces of game kit that, if bought and left unopened or in good condition, could fetch a pretty penny in the future. Inflation aside.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 19:40

Not surprising but still....

TECHRADAR: Zero interest in Wii Mini launch.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/wii-mini-s-uk-launch-met-with-general-disinterest-1139934
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 18:52

I completely forgot about this! Saw someone posted up a look at the console on Tumblr, which reminded me about it. Looks like a really flimsy piece of kit and entirely pointless in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 21:10

Is it wrong that I like its colour scheme?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 22:54

I always like red and black colour schemes (this is the DS I pack) but the Wii Mini just looks cheap, so the colour scheme doesn't save it at all for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 1:02

It's that cheapo textured plastic that does it, I think. Looks like a child's lunchbox. The colour scheme is pretty nice, but it's all executed so poorly.

The Wii was such a classy, playful bit of kit, it's a shame to see it spend its last year or so like this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 20:28

It baffles me why they didn't include provisions to utilise all forms of existing video cables. If they'd done so, I could've seen myself picking one up to free some desk space up. I've hit critical mass.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 16:45

Great? news....
Now the Yanks can enjoy the craziness that is the Wii Mini too...
Oh, and its bundled with Mario Kart - except Wii Mini has no online.
(I defend a lot of Nintendo's weirdness, but every time I see anything to do with this, I just roll my eyes.)

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/04/wii-mini-arriving-in-us-with-packed-in-mario-kart-wii/

Last edited by Axis1500 on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 16:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 16:46

Was just about to post this, with pretty much the same derogatory tone. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 16:49

It's also probably the Wii's most prominent local multiplayer title too, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 18:59

I've updated the title of this thread to make it more relevant.

Reservations aside, it is quite good value in the US. Literally $10 more than the cost of buying a Wii Mote Plus, Nunchuk, and Mario Kart Wii (and of course, the nunchuk is red which can't normally be found.)

EDIT: IGNORE ME - It doesn't actually come with a nunchuk. LOL.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 0:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 20:27

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
If this gets a new generation of people into gaming, then that's cool with me. This'll be aimed at folk who weren't even alive back when the Wii launched in 2006. No harm done by the Wii Mini.
I'm standing by this. As an entry-level, internet-free console for kids in low-income families (or not), this is a good thing. I look at this as the modern-day equivalent for what the Master System was for my brother and I back twenty years ago. Cheap hardware, cheap software, not harming anybody - I like the idea behind it.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 21:11

I guess my fear is that it will stop people buying a Wii U, which I'd thought was the point in discontinuing the original Wii line.

(Also, for $99, you'd be far better off with a 2DS.)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 23:23

If this gets a new generation of people into gaming, then that's cool with me. This'll be aimed at folk who weren't even alive back when the Wii launched in 2006. No harm done by the Wii Mini.
I'm standing by this. As an entry-level, internet-free console for kids in low-income families (or not), this is a good thing. I look at this as the modern-day equivalent for what the Master System was for my brother and I back twenty years ago. Cheap hardware, cheap software, not harming anybody - I like the idea behind it.
Cheap software they're going to get from where? Discs are only going to get progressively more scarce, and it's not like they can download any new stuff...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 23:46

In the last few weeks some of the Wii's best stuff (such as Brawl and Donkey Kong Country Returns) has been re-released at under twenty quid new, with others like Galaxy, Animal Crossing and Twilight Princess widely available too. Prices for pre-owned stuff have largely collapsed as well, with the likes of GAME and CEX selling stuff off for as little as a quid.

You can't move for all the cheap Wii stuff these days!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 1:37

There has never been a better time to own a Wii Mini.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 7:49

Go-Sen... Sad

Incidentally, when I search him now, the first link that comes up is a LinkedIn profile.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 12:43

Axis fav person emily rodgers , did say the same as him kinda Nintendo has this cheap Wii out there and the 2DS for family's, so who's buying a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:33

Yikes. Wii U really is competing with Nintendo's own hardware now, though I see the 3DS as more of a threat to any potential purchasers who don't own one yet, since Nintendo have effectively branded the large majority of Wii U games to appear at first glance as perfect substitutes to the unknowing purchaser in the holiday buying season...

(Unless they are buying a system for local multiplayer, in which case Wii U's unique selling point comes into play)

Jolly Smurf wrote:
There has never been a better time to own a Wii Mini.
I now have the urge to look through old copies of N64/NGC...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)   Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii Mini thread of confusion. (Now invading America too!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2