We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) Empty
PostSubject: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:39

EDIT: A LINK TO THE LEAGUE STANDINGS AND OUR ROSTERS

Alright folks!

I found this site and I felt it could end up being a really fun idea for the GNamer gang to get involved with. Basically, it's a fantasy games publishing league where you create your fantasy publisher and draft games that you reckon will review well in the year to come. Before starting, I strongly recommend reading the how to play and FAQs section on the site, but I'll sum up the key points below.

If it's sounding good so far, then post below if you're keen to join and PM me with the email with which you'd like to receive an invite. Make your publisher and you'll be set to begin the draft. Unlike other fantasy games, you can't drop a game from your roster once you've picked it. We'll have an initial draft - the number of games is to be confirmed based on how many folks sign up for this - and then you'll get a chance to pick up additional games as the year goes on to account for new announcements and whatnot.

It'll be a snake draft, so if there's only four members it'd work as follow: 1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-4 and so on. We'll pick our initial rosters and then we bid on pick up games throughout the year - full details of that are in the FAQs on the site.

The rules

You get one point for every mark above 70 that your game scores through OpenCritic. You gain two points for every mark above 90 that the game scores. You LOSE one point for every point it scores below 70 on the same site. If your game is delayed into 2020... nul points for you.

Here's an example from the site:

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) GU4DscI

We'll also get a counter-pick. The aim is to pick a game on someone else's roster that you think will score below 70 on OpenCritic or simply not release this year.

I've also set the league so that only new games or complete remakes are allowed. So, something like RE2 is allowed but something like last year's Shadow of the Colossus is not as the gameplay is unchanged.

So, if you're interested, please let me know by 23:59 on Friday 25th January. We'll then begin drafting with the aim to get that done by February or at least very early into the month. So January's games are off limits, natch.

Here's our league.

Let's rock and roll!

Last edited by JayMoyles on Thu 28 Dec 2023 - 11:37; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:54

I'm down for this
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 20:12

I knew you'd be game. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 20:21

Pengilly Productions is setup
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 20:24

Is your company's gimmick that you're picking a full roster of TBC release date games? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 20:44

Imagine having Animal Crossing, Pokemon Gen 8, Metroid Prime 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Gears 5, Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part 2 though
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 21:07

I reckon at least three of those won't be releasing this year. Not saying which, mind you, as we've not even started the draft yet!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 21:49

Colour me intrigued. What is OpenCritic? Is it like MetaCritic for fans?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 22:29

Nah, it's just another reviews aggregator much like Metacritic - I speculated that the reason the site uses them is that it's perhaps easier to pull the data from there compared to Metacritic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 23:47

I am vehemently opposed to both the critical aggregation concept and the fetishisation of capitalistic business practice so I shan't be involved, no sir.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 0:06

I'm sure if you ask nicely OpenCritic will accept you as a reviewer so you can game the system.

Remember folks, if you want in, PM me your chosen email so I can fire you an invite link!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 11:15

You can just admin.-check our e-mails though. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 16:53

Some folks gave me different emails for the Meet Up last year, so I thought I'd best double check - I'm not being that lazy that I can't look it up in the admin panel. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 13:28

Just the three of us so far?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 13:47

I'll play too. I'll send my email over later 👍
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 17:18

Balls man had better be in after all that awards thread based bullying

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 22:20

It's almost like you haven't actually looked at the league Andy/Mas. Drama queen
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 7:44

Looking at the league is for squares. I just want to pick games now dammit

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 10:06

Balladeer wrote:
It's almost like you haven't actually looked at the league Andy/Mas. Drama queen

I only saw you, me and Jay post in here, hence why I thought only the three of us. After seeing Andy post about you Balla, I did click on the league's link to see him taking part as well.

Can't wait to draft my games this weekend.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 18:47

I've fired you an invite as well Cappa - last call will be tomorrow night, guys. I'll be shutting off the league for new attendees as of 23:59 tomorrow and then we can get to the fun bit!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:01

JayMoyles wrote:
I've fired you an invite as well Cappa - last call will be tomorrow night, guys. I'll be shutting off the league for new attendees as of 23:59 tomorrow and then we can get to the immensely stressful bit!

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:19

It's only going to be stressful if somebody picks one of your top choices... which will definitely happen. Laughing

I'll open up the drafting Saturday morning, but I'll be working so it might a bit stop-start during the day. If we're all able to be online around the same time on Saturday night or Sunday, it might be easier to try and bash through the draft all at once. I might even hop on Skype for a bit of banter during the drafting process with anybody that's keen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:20

...there's always that one person who makes organising things difficult, isn't there? Sorry... No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:22

So long as you're able to periodically check back to the site on your phone or whatever, we should get most of it bashed out in a few days. Basically, so long as we've drafted our games by the start of February with a rule not to draft any January games in place, all should be well!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:47

I don't know if I'm going to be on the forum again until the arse-end of Sunday night, but I know that I'm shotgunning these games for the draft:

Ross's Games, Everyone Else Fuck Off:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 1 of 32Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next