We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lite of the Switch

Go down 
+8
Muss
gjones
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
Athrun888
Buskalilly
shanks
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Lite of the Switch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2019 - 5:54

This is what I don't get about people, original switch comes out and people are all " great.. it's great.. buuut"..
So then they'll go on about wanting basically the lite, so a couple of years Nintendo release that.
Then people moan about how it's not connected to the TV all the time, despite people (according to some study a bit back) tend to play handheld more often.

Like I've said, I play handheld 99.9% of the time with the other 0.01% tabletop but it's not for me, if I was richer I may have gone for the Pokemon one, but as I look after the switch I've had since day 1, it's a pass.

It may even be the same for the rumored over driven Pro next year, especially if people keep going on about it being connected to the tv all the time. I wouldn't go for that as I do take mine with me places and I like to play it off the tv.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2019 - 9:20

EofGizmo wrote:
That being said my partner is buzzing for it because she finds the switch abit too heavy and would like a proper d pad

Buy a hori joycon for d-pad Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2019 - 9:24

Yeah I have looked into the hori joy cons for her but she is stubborn 😂

I'll probably get some when I inherit her main Switch 😅
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 19:04

shanks wrote:
It may even be the same for the rumored over driven Pro next year, especially if people keep going on about it being connected to the tv all the time. I wouldn't go for that as I do take mine with me places and I like to play it off the tv.  

Oh gosh I hope not, for the reasons previously mentioned (about me thinking it likely that Nintendo will introduce a games split). I want to be able to play every Switch game on the move. (Note that you can still play a handheld-only Switch in the home.)

I agree with the rest of your post, mind!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 21:11

You do have a games split sort off now as Labo can't be used with the Lite and I'm sure the singing game Let's Sing you need the mic plugged into the docks USB.

Couldn't see why you wouldn't have ones that can only be played on a TV Console only split, even though it's the dumbest thing but Nintendo has done games only work on better hardware twice or thrice depending on your view on the color.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 21:22

I agree, you definitely would - that's why I'm really hoping the Switch Pro isn't telly-only! I'm not as fussed about the Lite/Normal games split because the more 'complete' version came out first, but there's definitely going to be some disappointed child who gets a Lite for Christmas/their birthday and can't play a game on it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:39

masofdas wrote:
You do have a games split sort off now as Labo can't be used with the Lite

That's an odd shortcoming of the system considering the Lite is likely marketed towards kids and Labo is quite clearly for the kids too. Hm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 18:17

I get the feeling Nintendo have gone off Labo a bit. The Labopen-world game didn't seem to get the same amount of marketing pizazz as the original kits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 18:20

Think Labo VR did decent numbers though
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 19:13

I completely forgot about Labo VR. Laughing I guess that's probably not aimed at kids though? Got to protect their precious little eyes!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 1:19

Nah, it was for the older guys that wanted to see Peach in her Bikini in Odyssey.. I mean.. Uh What Embarrassed Whistle

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 3:43

shanks wrote:
Nah, it was for the older guys that wanted to see Peach in her Bikini in Odyssey.. I mean.. Uh What Embarrassed  Whistle

I feel called out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 21:44

I'd sayLabo is a family product so it not working for the Lite is probably as it's not meant as a single person experience, Labo can be used for the "family console" AKA the regular Switch.

I think the important thing to remember on the whole not connecting to TV issue is why would they? What's in it for Nintendo I'd they release a Switch that does all the usual stuff for a fraction of the price? They'd essentially be pricing themselves out, it's for kids who can't be trusted with a proper Switch and people who want to replace their Vita with a better console, if you've got a problem with Switch Lite then it's not for you Jen.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 21:52

Because Nintendo sell docks for £80 (or whatever it is) on there own, so people could buy a Switch Lite now and in a few months buy a dock. They'd still be cutting costs on the Lite due to lack of rumble, joy-cons etc that Nintendo might actually could make more money selling a Lite then a dock.

We've seen from 3rd party docks etc that it basically a HDMI cable to the Switch to the TV.

Also I'll keep my VITA thanks
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 22:07

If someone was that bothered to spend the exact same amount on a Lite + Dock then they might as well get the normal one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 22:13

Maybe they've not got £280 + a game etc at the moment but can afford £200 for a console and a game.

Surely more options is a good thing and I think Nintendo could make more money, selling the two things for £280 then the one thing for £280 because of the things that would still be cut.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 16:45

Honestly surprised why this is even a conversation right now as Shanks had it bang on with his post at the top of this page.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 17:59

The_Jaster wrote:
Honestly surprised why this is even a conversation right now as Shanks had it bang on with his post...

I got to here and thought you were on about this post for a brief moment. Laughing

shanks wrote:
Nah, it was for the older guys that wanted to see Peach in her Bikini in Odyssey.. I mean.. Uh What Embarrassed  Whistle

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 19:31

Dead horse
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:33

Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky Cheeky
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:36

The_Jaster wrote:
Honestly surprised why this is even a conversation right now as Shanks had it bang on with his post at the top of this page.

Hey, we need something to talk about until Fire Emblem Houses comes out and we can all discuss our waifus.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:44

Lite of the Switch - Page 2 Killself
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 22:48

Don't forget the husbandos as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lite of the Switch   Lite of the Switch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lite of the Switch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2