We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts

Go down 
+11
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Kriken
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 23:47

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 Promo_danica

No Danica Patrick, no buys.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 1:02

It might just be because it was an early Wii U game but Transformed was quality and I'm so disappointed they didn't build on that, as already said, the Sonic cast is weak, the Sega cast as a whole is much better, Danica Patrick/Banjo/Wreck-it-Ralph included.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 10:53

Transformed was quality and Team Sonic Racing is good but is Kart only so no Planes or Boats, and the team stuff in the story mode can be a pain as your teammates suck.

That if it wasn't team based that would be better, I think you can do Sonic only but if was SEGA as whole would add more and for story mode you could play as Sonic in one part then to Nights world chasing a villain that goes through all the lands of SEGA.

The other issue no one seems to be online and based on the achievements anyone that bought it the least on Xbox barely played it as all seem to be super rare.

That maybe does need SEGA as a whole as I can still find online players with Transformed on VITA likely Wii U as well if I tried.

Did finish Chapter One of Tell Me Why last night, so far so good but will wait till all three have come out for a proper review.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 11:42

I joined everybody else who bought and finished A Short Hike yesterday.  It's really bloody short.  I love its little world, I love the basic controls (less sure about the ridiculous inventory you end up with), I love the variety they've managed to pack into that tiny island (volleystickball is great), I love the gliding...  It's all really cute.  The graphics are peak nostalgia as well.  But it is so short.  That's its only real shortcoming (ha), and in an era with so many games to plug through it's well worth a sale buy.  8/10
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 12:55

Shovel Knight: King of Cards

I polished this off last night & it was superb! Even though I've loved all the SK expansion games this one truly feels like it's own thing since there are no repeated levels like you seen in the others. It does start off a little easy for my tastes but I think that's more to do with King Knight's general move set being quite strong than anything else, it does ramp up a little into the first world though and beyond that there are some really clever mechanics that reign in that strong King Knight move set.

It also has a neat little puzzle card game in it that could quite easily be sold as a stand alone game, so overall this is very easy to recommend if you's are after a platformer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 21:08

I saw someone playing through King of Cards for the most recent Games Done Quick - I wish I hadn't fallen off the Shovel Knight expansion wagon now; that looks like a great laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 22:13

(looks sadly at Shovel Knight discussion, wishes he liked it more, moves on)

What The Golf?

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdestructoid.com%2Ful%2F567523-What-the-Golf-review

I love What The Golf?  It's far and away my game of 2020 so far.  (You could say that it hasn't had much competition...)  It's hard to describe without ruining the surprise and variety that is the game's watchword, but it's still basically golf with basic golf controls (including a touch screen option that arguably works better) and then some variants.  A lot of variants.  Some variants are good fun, some will make you laugh out loud, some are cute, some are a pain...  

The aesthetics and soundtrack are nothing special but they do the job, highlighting the ridiculous nature of the game.  The story doesn't exist but the setting and writing, such as they are, further the game's nature effectively.  The biggest complaint I have is that there's one too many 'par' challenges, which can veer from anarchic fun to teeth-gritting puzzling when the former's where this game shines.  And boy does it shine brightly.

I can't recommend What The Golf? enough.  Most people would like it, I feel.  Anyone who loves bad puns as much as me will like it even more, but I suspect that's just me.

9/10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 23:26

Jimbob wrote:
I saw someone playing through King of Cards for the most recent Games Done Quick - I wish I hadn't fallen off the Shovel Knight expansion wagon now; that looks like a great laugh.

It really is great stuff and with it being the last mainline Shovel Knight expansion it has me excited to see what Yacht Club do next.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 14:41

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 The-Last-Campfire-800x445

The Last Campfire shadowed dropped on Thursday to PS4 and Switch then yesterday on Xbox One where I played it. Not a lot of fanfare around it, that does make you iffy as I could have seen it part of ONL and it's out now sort of thing but wasn't even at that.

But I liked what I saw before and Balla even picked in up for Fantasy League, that someone thought it was going to do well.

And Balla should be pleased with his pick as it's a neat 7hr puzzle platformer which reminds me a bit of BotW in terms of the shrines, as in TLC you have little self-contained puzzles that feel really similar to that in BotW but just less of them, and they actually look different.

Then around those you have some light platforming / puzzle solving which is a tad like Captain Toad as you can't jump, so you move some blocks then you can reach the self-contained puzzles and so on whilst you progress through the story which is normal indie trope.

I think it's having a worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 18:45

Dance BALLA STRIKES AGAIN. Hopefully OpenCritic agrees with you Mas! As for me, it'll probably go on the wishlist. Little surprised it shadow-dropped though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 18:18

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 New_super_luckys_tale

Balladeer wrote:
New Super Lucky's Tale is a nice cheery game and there's definitely a place for that, it feels like it pushes the boundary from 'cheery' into 'twee', what with the constant 'you're my best buddy!' messages on the (long given the size of the levels) loading screens and the Saturday morning cartoon plot and the slightly too-much happiness of Lucky himself.  

That aside it's inoffensive.  Levels contain a decent mix of exploration and platforming, there's good variety in levels and objectives with few proving irritating, and while it's obviously meant not to be the hardest game in the world and there's no threat of a game over ever, it's still got a decent amount of challenge.  The aesthetics are good too, lots of colour and cheer without standing out in any way.  

It's a 7/10 game.

Balla wrote the review for me Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 18:56

Laughing The audacity of this man! Ah well, we've finally found a game Mas and I agree on at least. I take it none of what I said there changes later on? Also I'm guessing the lack of restart didn't bother you as much as it did me?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 19:40

Nothing changes, each world does pretty much the same in terms of levels.

Restart didn't bother me as I got all the pages first playthrough of each level.

So yeah 100% in game got all pages etc also as someone that played before with the old version, the sort of WiiU to Switch type deal is fine especially how the DLC is entwined now.

Think we agree on Mario Odyssey etc and a few like that
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2020 - 23:12

It was a while ago, but Deadly Premonition 2. Didn't think the writing was as good as in the original, found the pacing and tonal balance was a bit off, and the dungeons are a lot more formulaic and look the same as each other. I have mixed feelings about the way it deals with some sensitive subjects to say the least.

There was also more of a mystique to the original whereas this prequel/sequel dispels some of it with its lore and exposition. There were plenty of zany moments in the first game but this one felt a lot more videogamey, and there were one too many lines like "haha this is like a videogame".

That said, I still really enjoyed it and would say it's one of my favourite Switch games. There weren't many moments where I was bored and it was enjoyable seeing the narrative unfold. I also appreciate the differences even if I don't like all of them. They tried out new things. The first game is better, but by no means does it feel like this one is redundant.

Also as corny as it was, I really liked the endgame. In fact it restored a lot of goodwill since that final dungeon was dragging on a bit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 11:10

I feel conflicted about Deadly Premonition 2. I loved the first game and would really like to give the second a go, but pretty much everything I've heard puts me off.

Then there's all the trans stuff. It engages with subjects that other games don't, and Swery came close to having a good attitude about it all, but then dropped the ball. It's the age old problem of being progressive, that we constantly judge things that come close but aren't quite good enough much more harshly than things which are straight up bad. Sure, Deadly Premonition 2 makes mistakes in its handling of gender politics, but a lot of other games are out there being straight-up propaganda pieces for the police and military, appropriating and misusing rhetoric, and pretending LGBT people don't even exist.

It reminds me of the stupid way I'm more annoyed at Joe Biden for pretending to be progressive but actually being a status quo conservative than I am at Trump for being a big orange fascist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 14:19

I had similar concerns. Swery really bungled his response to the trans issue.

Meanwhile as you say, there's a lot of crappy stuff in games that aren't judged as critically and a lot of them are even still held in high esteem. And they get away with it by not acknowledging that there's even an issue in the first place.

Persona 4 comes to mind as it contains a lot of gay panic, makes light of sexual harassment, and even has hints of transphobia itself. As well as other stuff. It has been criticised for this stuff but the criticism has been kind of buried and zero effort was made in addressing any of the issues in later releases, including the very recent Steam release.

Then there's Persona 5 which is not quite as bad but still had some messed up LGBT representation. Apparently it was addressed in P5 Royal but to what extent I don't know.

Well, here's hoping that Swery has learned from this, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 15:03

Kriken wrote:
Well, here's hoping that Swery has learned from this, anyway.

Yep. Thats all anyone ever wants really.

I took his first statement as a good sign! His second . . . Less so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 19:27

Buskalilly wrote:
It reminds me of the stupid way I'm more annoyed at Joe Biden for pretending to be progressive but actually being a status quo conservative than I am at Trump for being a big orange fascist.

The hard lefties on my Facebook feed seem to spend more time attacking the centre than the right. I'm never quite sure why. Because they think that's where their friends are more likely to be? Because they've given up the right as a lost cause?

Anyway, from what I've read what he does is almost worse than omitting trans representation entirely - doesn't he kill off the trans character? (DP2 spoilers I guess.) Then do all of the deadnaming. If so then it feels more like laughing at than ignoring trans people. I presume that's not what Swery wanted, but yep, I've heard that his second statement was Not Good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 20:45

Yeah he's second statement wasn't good and not sure about the games changes, also I'd like to have a verison that runs well.

The thing is it's hard for me to judge it all as I don't really know people in the LGBTQ community, and I know with The Last of Us Part II, I've seen different people talk about it differently that sure what has been said about DP2 is likely bad even I know that but someone of it can be grey.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 2:10

Balladeer wrote:

The hard lefties on my Facebook feed seem to spend more time attacking the centre than the right.  I'm never quite sure why.  Because they think that's where their friends are more likely to be?  Because they've given up the right as a lost cause?  
I kind of feel the same, I fucking hate Centists!
Its hard to explain. Part of it is the dishonesty and cowardice. "I'm not political" is a huge political statement, and a pretty right wing. "I think everything is fine because I'm in a privileged position and don't care about other people".

Its also so smug and patronising. "I'm above all this picking sides and name calling". No you're not, you've picked a side, the most cowardly one.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the far right but its simple. Meet a Nazi, punch a nazi. But with a centrist its more complicated, you actually believe theres a chance to make them understand so you have to engage.
masofdas wrote:
, also I'd like to have a verison that runs well.

Absolutely not, that would ruin it. This is a Deadly Premonition game!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 9:48

I feel I'm a bit of a left wing centrist, so I don't know where that puts me.

You say that would ruin DP but I played the first on 360 and if DP2 ran like that would be fine but it looks unplayable how it is, just make it playable like the first.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 10:46

Oh is it that bad? I assumed it was just at the same sort of level as the first and people were overreacting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 10:47

It drops to single digits
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 11:07

Didn't they improve its performance in a patch? Or at least that's what I read
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 11:09

I must have missed that amongst all the other stuff around the game.

Still now I've bought SM3D All Stars that I won't be buying another Switch game anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next