We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts

Go down 
+11
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Kriken
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:12

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:37

That's the one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 10:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
I did a post about Detention but apparently it didn't send? Good game. Scary and then interesting. 10/10

I did see it but in the last game I didn't finish thread, so worth checking out as I always get it and Coma confused then I never buy either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 15:20

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 JohpHa

ONS has multiple endings, so Balla would love that, now I did get 4 of the 12 endings as I just couldn't bring myself to be a dick maybe if I was playing on PS4 or ONE then I may have looked up how to get the platinum or 1000g with those endings.

Yet I played on Switch as I had some credit left over from buying Ori and Wandersong plus I do like a visual novel on the Switch one of the only things I play in handheld mode, more than likely how I'll play Lady Layton next month.

One Night Stand, it's a visual novel that's fairly well written and rather polished for a Ratalaika published game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 19:51

I will never play it, but it's an intriguing premise and (at least from the art I've seen) manages not to sexualise the subject, which is good.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:20

I'm still playing One Night Stand 6 years later so I don't need this game. Good to hear Concrete Genie is decent, I was very close to buying it before I opted Horizon Zero Dawn and SteamWorld Dig 2 for the same price, I'll definitely be picking it up soon enough as I really like the look of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:26

I believe why it's well written and not sexualised is because the developer is a woman, as could you imagine a man making it.

I tried to get the ending where the character would be together 6 years later but couldn't. You did get two better games then Concrete Genie and HZD is one of the best games on PS4 and this gen.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:31

Oh for sure but it's not something I'll be mentioning in this thread anytime soon, one for the new year I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 11:10

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 MonkeyKingHeroIsBack

Monkey King is a Sony funded Chinese developed title published by THQ in the west. Now you might think hmm why didn't Sony publish themselves, it must be bad but remember they didn't publish Demon Souls in the west.

Well, it isn't bad, just it plays almost like a THQ PS2 game such as Tak just with newer graphics. I'm sort of fine with this as I play a lot of games and it's nice to have a bit of a throwback to a simple brawling platformer, which I wouldn't have played without this.

Monkey King is about 7hrs long which is about right for a game like this but the price might be off-putting as it cost me £27 physical which is £7 more than Concrete Genie which is also a similar length and better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 12:02

With apologies to Mas, I have nothing to say about Monkey King other than that Journey to the West is a good basis for games and also what happened to that game that looked like Rayman that was coming to Switch?

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_asset%2Ffile%2F13608285%2Fswh_05

Like UGG, this came out at just the right time. A short game is a short game, but when you're under pressure to get through a lot of games it's much appreciated.

In theory it's a rhythm action game. In practice it's a neon-drenched series of floaty minigames in bizarre circumstances with a Major Arcana theme that I'd recommend everyone to try at least. It's beautiful and chaotic and the soundtrack is good stuff. I'm no fan of high score chasing but I aimed for Silvers in all levels, which felt about the right amount of challenge. At one point, after the first level of part 4, I said this could be one of my games of the year, echoing Jas' sentiments.

It's not quite that. It doesn't really stick the landing, with parts four and five having some of the weaker moments and levels in my mind: Reverie, Little Death's cross-screne lightning, and the first bit of the final level spring to mind, and the final setpiece should feel epic but instead feels inconsequential. Also, and this probably only bothered me, but some of the latter uses of the Arcana felt a bit weak: I'm thinking of Star, Sun, and Hanged Man.

I have no desire to replay through Album Mode, which is how the game apparently 'should be played', but between that, score-chasing, and the riddles, there's clearly a lot of replay value for people who like that sort of thing; and it was one heck of a ride while it lasted. Recommended.

7/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 12:32

Only a 7/10 madness, I say

D you mean Unruly Heroes which came out in January or Crazy Rabbids: Adventure Party which is coming to Switch in China?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 17:25

Unruly Heroes, that's the one. Looks like it met with a decent enough reception.

7/10 is definitely still a recommendation from me, but it was an 8/10 after 4-1.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019 - 0:52

I can only applaud Sayonara Wild Hearts for doing that Super Mario Odyssey thing of trying out loads of difference concepts for levels and moving onto the next idea. Even if there's something that's not to your tastes, it never outstays its welcome. For me, it's an easy 8.5 and could be higher if I dabble with album mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019 - 14:56

7 seems very fair to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019 - 19:22

I guess it's what you think is a 7/10, to me that's Concrete Genie and is Sayonara Wild Hearts better, Yes.

Really why scores kinda suck especially when I talked about Erica as a FMV maybe a 9/10 but compared to either of these games its not great.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019 - 21:45

That's the thing: I try and renormalise my scores, so a 7/10 is good, a 6/10 is above average and so on. Then everyone goes 'BALLA Y U GIVE GOTY A 7'. I can't win.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 1:09

Scores

Shit numbers for nerds. Don't use them.

10/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 7:12

Drunkalilly's Review of Scores

Awful.  Completely incorrect take, poorly phrased, numbers don't align with text. Just the absolute worst.

7/10
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 10:19

The problem with normalising scores is that past scores become inaccurate and it becomes impossible to try and compare games from different generations or time periods where average was of a different quality. It's why I've never bought into the "5 should be average!" oversimplification.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 10:26

Yep the whole 5 being a avg is never going to be true as look Contra Rogue Corps with it's the 5's yet if you read a review it sounds shite.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 11:01

Eh, my scores change over time.  As far as I’m concerned 5 is average.  That’s just maths.  (Unless you don’t use 0 in which case it’s 5.5 but meh, semantics.)  

The problem I suppose comes from precisely trying to define ‘average’.  I’m struggling to think of many games I’ve bought that I’d give a 2 or lower, because I generally buy well-reviewed games.  So ‘average’ means as many good bits as bad bits and vice versa, but it’ll still likely be in the bottom quartile of games I’ve played enough of to score.

Stuff it: to the signature edits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 11:34

Jay you need to ban Balla indefinitely
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 14:50

Laughing Tbh I think that's one of the best signatures I've seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:42

That's a super weird system Balla, what with 0 being the best score
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:49

Maybe he's playing some weird version of Golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next