We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's eShopping about? Empty
PostSubject: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 13:40

As the previous thread has been locked, just reposting that I've had a look at the sale and got Wandersong along with Ori as I just got some money in my PayPal account.

I'd also like to recommend these that are on sale

Bastion
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Donut County
Final Fantasy VII and IX
Gone Home
Inside
Okami
PAN-PAN
Rime
Slay the Spire, I'm yet to play this myself but it is like the 3rd highest-rated game of the year that might be worth a look
The Gardens Between
Three Fourths Home
Timespinner
Transistor
Untitled Goose Game
Valkyria Chronicles
What Remains of Edith Finch

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 16:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 16:27

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING WASTE! You nerd!

I was gonna call it "What's eShopping about?"
But no, we get "part II". And not even a new post!

Weak.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 16:36

I'll change the name, and yeah not a new post but maybe some chat that would have come from it will now be in here.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:01

That's the worst thread name yet. Absolutely rank rotten.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:11

Pretty sure "'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2." still has any other thread name on the forum beaten for being utterly shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:29

@Jay - Yep, a nice simple thread name that makes sense. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 19:19

I'm so confused. Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 19:55

oh it looks like Jay has edited his post. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 22:48

Ha, you must have posted that just as I'd edited it. Laughing

I picked up a few games on the eShop yesterday - Bastion and Transistor were too cheap to pass up, I've nabbed DQI to check out and I went for Sayonara Wild Hearts too. I've only checked out SWH so far... but it's damn good and well worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 15:42

This is the first time I've actually looked at Sayonara Wild Hearts - I'll be honest, because it had a Japanese word in the title, and the word Heart, I just assumed it was a visual novel (I know there are several dozen words to the contrary on this forum, but the logic didn't soak in). I am silly. I'm kind of curious having actually watched a video.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:00

It's dead good - we've posted some thoughts on it in the thread that Balla handily created off the back of some chatter around it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:27

I have started both Bastion and Transistor. My first thought is that Supermassive Games really need to familiarise themselves with the concept of 'show don't tell'. It makes more sense in Transistor given that the sword is actually a character, but I don't need to be told that 'kid' has fallen off a ledge again thank you very much, or that he's spending time smashing crates. Let me smash my crates in peace.

I prefer Transistor thus far, although - it's a stealth strategy game! Boo
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 23:15

You can play it more attack-minded and isn't what I would call hard either Transistor.

The VO in it adds so much then the singing, I reckon I may have still included in top PS4 exclusives before it came over to Switch.

EGX 2014
What's eShopping about? 1511909_605649316212085_549893328972663173_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmmIx6p2jdJjUuH_tQipIwMan06cOXAcl4Vb0cuC7Uohzgvf9eoS1hTq21_4Plg5g4&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 10:29

I tried Bastion a few years ago and didn't really get into it. The narrator was a fun novelty for about 10 minutes imo
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 22:19

I more than likely put it on October's Game List but just seen Indivisible is out soonish.

It looks kinda interesting, could see a Balla enjoying it but did anyone back it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 20:30

ARGH, no more games! Hissy fit Not unless they're reviewed very well. Not for now...

...aw crap it looks absolutely lovely. Aww!

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I tried Bastion a few years ago and didn't really get into it. The narrator was a fun novelty for about 10 minutes imo

This is a correct take. To be honest I might drop Bastion at least for a good while, to try and get a handle on the recent releases. Who knows, it might be just the thing for a dry June.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 21:03

I played the Indivisible prototype on ps4 a good few years ago, I don't remember being that impressed tbh which is why I probably forgot about it until mas brought it up but maybe it's changed a bunch since that really early version.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:03

Balladeer wrote:
I have started both Bastion and Transistor.  My first thought is that Supermassive Games really need to familiarise themselves with the concept of 'show don't tell'.  It makes more sense in Transistor given that the sword is actually a character, but I don't need to be told that 'kid' has fallen off a ledge again thank you very much, or that he's spending time smashing crates.  Let me smash my crates in peace.

Aw man, I hope you stick with it. There's some beautiful musical moments as the game progresses with an absolutely fantastic and rather emotional set piece towards the end game. Still, if you stick with either of the two, I hope it's Transistor. I've got a lot of time for that game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 15:31

Return of Obra Dinn is out next week it seems, anyone excited for it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:31

It's going to be lost in the rush, I fear. I have heard very good things, but it's one of those games that I feel like 90% of the interested audience will already have played.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 21:12

Being PC only till now would have limited who can play it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 0:55

Balladeer wrote:
It's going to be lost in the rush, I fear.  I have heard very good things, but it's one of those games that I feel like 90% of the interested audience will already have played.

Not me! I'm part of the interested audience, but like Mas has mentioned, the lack of an available platform to play it on has stopped me from checking it out. However, I'm not playing or buying new games until Christmas except Luigi's Mansion 3, so it's on the watchlist for now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 4:55

masofdas wrote:
Return of Obra Dinn is out next week it seems, anyone excited for it.

I'm dead keen, especially since finding out it's set in Falmouth- my dad's hometown.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:22

masofdas wrote:
Being PC only till now would have limited who can play it

I thought it had come out on 'phone or something. Maybe my view is skewed because The Lady games almost exclusively on PC (she likes TRoOD very much).

JayMoyles wrote:
However, I'm not playing or buying new games until Christmas except Luigi's Mansion 3, so it's on the watchlist for now.

Not even Pokémon?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 9:44

It might be on phones but none of us are going to play like that.

Not even Death Stranding, Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: