We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun

Go down 
+9
oldschool
Buskalilly
Fancy Fancy
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Admin
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 17:46

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun Castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-comic-con-2012-screenshots

It's coming out in a week and a bit now. Everyone excited after playing the demo? Anyone put off? Anyone not tried downloading it because their Internet is scuppered? (raises hand)

I'm not overly excited about this, although it'll be nice to have something to play on the 3DS. I am interested, though. Maybe it's just because I've never played a Castlevania game before.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 18:54

Yeah, I'm proper excited, albeit I haven't played a 'Vania since Super Castlevania IV. I might wait for the ONM review, but then I keep forgetting that demos exist. Thanks B'd'r.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 23:19

Downloaded the demo, and loved it. Nice and tough in places, with a hint of the very first Prince of Persia to some of the platformy bits (I thought anyway) - and the moveset for the character felt great under the thumbs. And the graphics are a peach too.

Yuss, might just get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013 - 23:36

I've downloaded the demo but haven't had chance to play it yet with a) work being mental this week and b) Persona 4 Golden sapping my precious little spare time.

It's on my 'curious' list though, after been thoroughly put off the 3DS version of Monster Hunter as a result of playing the demo.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 0:47

Aye the demo put this on my radar when it wasn't previously, doubt I will get it at launch though as March is a busy month for birthdays in my family.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyFri 1 Mar 2013 - 8:06

There's something I must be missing from the demo because I didn't get on with it. I'll download it again tonight - if my Internet connection permits me, of course - and see.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 13:16

I'm interested, but only when it's £15 or less. Too many games, not enough money forces budget purchases ahoy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 20:04

A second bite at the demo has made me increase my interest in it but I'm not after it on release day. I can wait until the price drops, too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyWed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:10

I downloaded the demo with the intention of playing it a work this evening, but a drink man decided to wee on the trolleys so I haven't actually had a tea break. I'll probably give it a whirl tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make the purchase until I finish VLR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyWed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:22

I am gonna get it - either this or SimCity is my next purchase. But then I haven't finished games from Christmas. THAT WAS TWO MONTHS AGO
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 18:30

According to Nintendolife, the reviews have been massively mixed for this game (haven't investigated these claims yet). Even going so far as saying it's a Marmitey Other M sort of Castlevania game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 18:57

CVG seems to agree.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 0:03

When Edge gives it 7 ye know its good stuff, I will pick this up but it will probably be next month.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 12:26

Soooooooooooooooo, any takers?

I still haven't even tried the demo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:52

I know Dusty "Mr buys everything" Knackers has it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:55

Played the demo earlier, and I really enjoyed it. The frame rate seemed a bit choppy, but it got its atmosphere across very nicely. Great use of the camera to generate the feeling of a huge scale.

Might buy it next month alongside Luigi's Mansion 2. Funds are pretty tight at the moment.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 15:11

Stu_the_great wrote:
I've downloaded the demo but haven't had chance to play it yet with a) work being mental this week and b) Persona 4 Golden sapping my precious little spare time.

It's on my 'curious' list though, after been thoroughly put off the 3DS version of Monster Hunter as a result of playing the demo.

Come on man, the Monster Hunter demo only increased my already high desire to get the game. It was awesome. What did you hate about it? It is really just a small part of what goes on.

I have the Castlevania demo, but haven't given it a go yet. In fact, I have NEVER played a Castlevania game. It just never pushed my buttons.

What has interested me instead is playing the demo of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3D. I downloaded it yesterday and that one looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 15:16

[quote="oldschool"Come on man, the Monster Hunter demo only increased my already high desire to get the game. It was awesome. What did you hate about it? It is really just a small part of what goes on.[/quote]

I've played the game already on Wii (still own it), it just seemed now - as it seemed then - an extremely clunky and slow experience. Fights with the camera tend to be more challenging that a lot of the monster battles, and I'm just not a fan of games where everything has a stupidly huge health bar (or in this case: several) to slowly chip away at.

Anyhoo, back in Castlevania-ville: I like the Prince of Persia sort of feel the platforming has been given this time around. My experience of Castlevania is limited to the DS outings.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 18:09

@Stu
MH has more in common with beat em ups & old school 2d bosses, it's about learning a weapon style (like a certain fighter in beat em ups) & mastering the "combos" for weapons along with a monsters attack patterns.

I just don't get why folk say its clunky, the controls have a hidden depth & if you just bash at away at the buttons it won't be fun and you'll just die most of the time........oh those health bars are your own so if its getting chipped away then you're dying. :p

May I ask what quest you got to in Tri, stu?
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 18:57

Stu_the_great wrote:
Soooooooooooooooo, any takers?

I still haven't even tried the demo. Laughing

Had it preordered, but cancelled at the last minute. Will certainly pick it up when it hits £15 or thereabouts.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 22:30

The_Jaster wrote:
May I ask what quest you got to in Tri, stu?

I honestly can't remember, though I don't recall making it much further beyond the Qurupeco. Or maybe I did.

I'm also expecting this game to dip in price, so I'll give it a month or so before I check it out.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 23:08

Another one waiting on a price drop. I'm starting to say that about every game, to be fair (except stuff like Luigi's Mansion 2 and New Leaf, which will likely not depreciate in value too much any time soon).
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 15:54

Just me then? Played this for about six hours in total, and I'm really enjoying it, surprised more haven't taken a punt on it, seems to be a stellar handheld platformer. Visuals are really nicely done, the camera zooms in on the more important action that happens, and the backgrounds look glorious. I worry the battles could get a little bit repetitive, it tries to keep things fresh for you, there are a lot of different moves to pull off, so that could stop things getting stale.

Overall, I'd say this a game you should play, I'm certainly glad I picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 16:52

As soon as I can get to a videogames shop...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 17:55

As much as I could march out and buy a stack of games right now, I'm being sensible and holding on 'til payday. According to IGN's review, one run of the story mode totals about nine hours, so you're probably not far off being done, Dusty. Done and Dustied. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun Empty

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Noun of Abstract Noun
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: