We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)

Go down 
+11
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
gjones
Muss
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Kriken
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) - Page 16 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 19:32

Okay, if I'm being a bit more optimistic: Dead Cells. It combines a lot of the tropes that weren't about spinning money that we saw this decade: it's a roguelike Soulslike indie Metroidvania with pixel art. It's representative of the less money-grubbing side of the industry, which is basically indies, and how the gap in quality between indie games and big-budget releases is decreasing. Heck, I think the main character's even appeared in some of the crossovers that Cappa referred to.

Overwatch and Dead Cells: two sides of one of the strangest coins you'll see this decade.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16