We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs

Go down 
+4
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Balladeer
masofdas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs Empty
PostSubject: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySat 23 Nov 2019 - 16:26

Retail Games
The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs Lis_thumb

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs XYZAOlabfkejZaQ-800x450-noPad

Spoiler:

Yeah not a lot for me here that I will be looking at my backlog which I feel is

Switch: Luigi's Mansion 3, Lady Layton, Tokyo Dark with a bit of Ring Fit and of course I've got some of Ibbsters games along with another run at Three Houses
PS4: Days Gone I'm about 6hrs in and is actually rather good, then it's VR stuff such as Blood & Truth
Xbox One: Jedi Fallen Order from a physical standpoint but with Game Pass and Gold got likes of Outer Worlds, Life is Strange 2 with more being added (40+  games announced for the service at XO19)

That's the main three systems without looking at Apple Arcade which I've barely touched, retro etc that till this post to more than likely Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore is backlog or like I said new stuff added to services, and I guess Christmas but you get my point I'm not really planning to buy any new games (I will see retro and I will want it lol).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 15:08

Huh. What happened to Brain Training on Switch? I thought that was out this month, and was Nintendo's big game?

I'm really not sure they need one to be honest. There's nothing there for me and I can't emphasise enough how utterly fine with that I am.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 15:14

Does anyone want a mini C64? Not even I want a mini C64. Yeah, that month's not great - but then I remembered I have enough games to play until about 2024.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 15:17

Balladeer wrote:
Huh. What happened to Brain Training on Switch? I thought that was out this month, and was Nintendo's big game?

I'm really not sure they need one to be honest. There's nothing there for me and I can't emphasise enough how utterly fine with that I am.

We don't live in Japan, so we get it in January.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 15:21

Well most of us don't. Anyway, that's January's big game sorted instead! (TMS#FE doesn't reeeeeeeally count, although I am looking forward to it.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 17:41

Nowt for me, though I'm sure I'll find a bunch of e Shop games I want.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 2:02

Star Wars is gonna be real interesting. The leaks have all shown it's going to be a s***show that's going to make everyone hate the film. Like the OT? Well literally nothing in the trilogy mattered, every major character had a shit life and died a chump, and they didn't win anything. Like TLJ? Good news, everything you liked about it also gets made irrelevant! Personally I'm most excited to see if the leaks about Kylo are right (and considering the major leaks came out before the last two trailers which ended up confirming a lot of details in said leaks...), because hooboy if they are he might just win the title for most irrelevant character ever!

I can see no possible way this movie will backfire. Nope. Suffice to say I'm very excited to see the internet explode as they finally let the hate flow through them. It's amazing to think that in a year that produced franchise-killing Got season 8 we're going to see something even worse.

Gaming-wise nothing. Might pick up Xenoblade 2, but nothing new-release related.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 12:15

I'm up for some backlog time - haven't even bought Luigi yet!

Also, my rewatch is getting me increasingly pumped for Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 12:39

Balladeer wrote:
Well most of us don't. Anyway, that's January's big game sorted instead! (TMS#FE doesn't reeeeeeeally count, although I am looking forward to it.)

I think they're both big games ones for a more casual audience which the Switch really does have based of people in work and the other is for the hardcore, who won't mind playing a 80hrs JRPG with subtitles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 21:45

I suppose... I just think having a port of a last-gen game as a big release is a bit cheeky, no matter how few people bought the original.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 21:48

Looks at Switches best selling games
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 15:39

*Has a wee google*

Erm.........8 games of the top 10 are not last gen ports.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 15:44

3 of the top 10 are on the current financial report and we've had likes of Donkey Kong in the Top 10 before, yeah so I think Nintendo can and will treat a port as a big game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 15:46

*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 23:15

Mercifully, nowt for me! I can play one of my eleventy billion games in my backlog instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyFri 29 Nov 2019 - 20:10

masofdas wrote:
...yeah so I think Nintendo can and will treat a port as a big game.

I'm sure they will, I'm talking about me.  There's also a distinct difference in my mind between the first two years of a console, when everybody should expect the schedule to be a bit patchy and ports help fill that gap; and the third year onwards, when the machine should have hit its stride and I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting a big new game every month.  

Mind you, that rush is probably why we got a rushed Pokémon game...  It's not an easy balance.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 23:14

I'll be picking up New Super Lucky's Tale as I've really liked what I've seen of that and the £25 price tag on websites like The Game Collection seems more than reasonable. Outside of games I'll obviously be going to watch Star Wars and I'm gonna love every minute of it because Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 13:13

I thought this month was going to be quiet then just saw what's coming this week on Xbox and there's a bunch I'm looking at like Arise, Halo Reach, Life is Strange 2 Ep 5 which means all is now out, a bunch of new Game Pass games like My Friend Pedro and Wandersong.

The backlog grows
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 20:49

...I see what you did there. Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 1:19

masofdas wrote:

The backlog grows

Laughing Thumbs Up!

Definitely using this in busy release months from now on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptySun 15 Dec 2019 - 9:06

Next month and the first of 2020 will go up next Sunday. It's better then you might think for Jan as the Switch gets two decent releases, a rather big anime series gets an RPG and a few sports games mixed with some digital games getting physcal version.

Name ideas like always, please.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 20:09

My 2020 vision is only seeing mirages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs   The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs Empty

Back to top Go down

The Month of Yule Logs and Backlogs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: