We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+5
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Muss
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   Empty
PostSubject: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 13:59

The Nontendo version of Balla's classic thread, I bring it up as if you read my post in the Wii/Wii U playing I got into to a chat on Twitter and seen recently people using January as going back through the backlog along with some new year resolutions around the backlog.

Mine is bad, I feel it doesn't help I own multiple systems and take Xbox we now get 10+ games added to Game Pass a month with some more odd stuff which I normally wouldn't play but as it's on Game Pass give a look like Frostpunk this week.

Anyway I think mine looks like this

Stadia
Destiny 2, No Andy I'm not going to start playing it on PS4 and I don't know how much of the story I will play but I am enjoying crucible
GRID, the first Stadia game I bought and does seem a decent racer with a neat idea on how you get to the World Series
Tomb Raider, out of the other Stadia games this is the one I did start and not played since it was a new game on PS360 and because I played before not hugely bothered about playing the other

PS3
My PS3 collection is an odd one as I've picked up a lot of stuff I've not played before with these being the standout
ICO HD, after SotC on PS4 I really want an ICO version and if that's not happening this would be the best bet
Puppeteer
Remember Me, did start this and seems good
Persona 3 FES, Started this and it is rather good

PS4

Physical
Days Gone, Another I started when it was rather quiet last year and this is actually really good
Gravity Rush Remastered & 2, I really need to finish this as I can play the second then
Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds, the only DLC on this list which I hear is almost like a new game
Last Guardian, I don't even have a trophy on this lol
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, I sort feel finishing the actual game will make this better
Persona 4: Dancing All Night, I have played on VITA but that music and could for the platinum
Shenmue III, really see what I got for $160
Uncharted 3, the only one I didn't finish in the collection

PSN
I have if I go back and download everything on PS3 maybe 500+ games with some stuff that I should maybe play from a historical point of view like Day of the Tentacle, I can think of these as ones to play

Knack, for the #bantz
Papers, Please
Ratchet & Clank, Might be the best looking Pro game
Ray Gigant
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, never played a Sly game
Tearaway Unfolded
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Final Series
Psychonauts, I hear you Jim but here or
Rebel Galaxy, It stars Jas
Dark Chronicle

VITA
Freedom Wars
Gravity Daze/Rush, if not on PS4 then here and yes I own both in Japanese and English
Odin Sphere
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night, Yep I also have this on VITA
Persona 4 Golden, Now I do know what happens and watched the anime where Persona 3 FES which I talk about above which I've not that if I play a Persona it be that
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night, Yep also have this on VITA unlike 3 I know the music and characters
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PSVR
Astro Bot Rescue Mission, I'm embarrassed as PSVR owner that I've not finished this
Blood and Truth, I'm a few hours in
Déraciné, I got in a sale
Ghost Giant, think Push Square gave it PVR game of the year
Robinson: The Journey
Wolfenstein Cyberpilot
Zone of the Enders, Mechs in VR

Xbox and I mean all of them but only looking at things I own, as this could be 400+ games
Psychonauts, do I play it here Jim
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, 2, Mirror of Fate HD
Final Fantasy XIII, I did start and about halfway then I would play XIII-2 and Lightning
Killer Is Dead
Kingdoms of Amalur
Lost Odyssey, I hear you JRPG fans
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Never finished
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Mainly for Peace Walker
Shadows of the Damned
Far Cry New Dawn, I bought cheap
LEGO DC Super-Villains, I liked what I played
The Sinking City, I bought this as it looked interesting and hasn't even gone in my Xbox
Soul Calibur VI
Alice: Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered
The Council - Complete Season
The Evil Within 1 & 2
NieR:Automata
River City Girls
Watch Dogs 2
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine: Xbox Edition

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, This is what I'm playing at the moment along with reading the first book

Any thoughts on what I should be playing and is your backlog this bad and mine could be worse, just the likes of Dreamcast is more about collecting
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 14:16

If you've played and like SOTC then you owe it to yourself to play ICO and The Last Guardian!

Gravity Rush 1 + 2 are personal favourites

Remember Me I think is Dontnods best game

Papers, Please is definitely one of the greatest "games as art" games ever made, but it isn't exactly fun to play (deliberately so!)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time as I'm a big Sly fan and thought this was a very solid return

Tearaway Unfolded, I'd honestly just recommend you play the Vita original if you haven't already, and if you have then this isn't that important

Dark Chronicle is one of my favourite JRPGs of all time but it is a huge time sink to get through

Peace Walker if you haven't played it is in many ways the real MGS5, and does some things better than MGSV itself

Shadows of the Damned I think is underrated, the only big problem with the game is it's too easy
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 14:22

I played ICO back in the day like SotC, just after that remake really want a ICO one and if not the remaster is the next best thing. Never really felt Last Guardian as the other two are some of my favourite games ever.

Yeah could play Tearaway on VITA instead, yep shame konami didn't let Kojima call peace walker 5 like it was meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 10 Jan 2020 - 18:14

PC:

Wasteland 3 - bought this aaages ago, played a tiny amount and never continued.
Pillars of Eternity - Got a fair way through this and then just kind of stopped
Tyranny - Really enjoyed this, but then stopped.... there's a theme with RPGs here...

PS4 - Witcher 3 DLC - I bought the DLC on sale yonks ago and haven't got around to it. One day

There are a few more than that, probably quite a lot more on the PC side of things since I used to just buy loads of stuff on sales. I've been much much better at only buying things I have the time to play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 10 Jan 2020 - 18:32

I've also got the Witcher 3 dlc to return to on ps4 at some point which I'm about an hour or so into.

Then I have these:

Subnautica
Nier Automata
Thronebreaker
Yakuza Kiwami
Castlevania SotN

----

Probably forgetting other games but those are the ones that go straight to the top of my must play list.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 10 Jan 2020 - 21:49

My Steam Library - I recently started using the Collections section to divide into games I'd finished, games I'd yet to play, games that are only for multiplayer #bantz etc. I ended up with 50 games in the Get It Played category. Yeah, that's bad...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 10 Jan 2020 - 23:37

Haha, Jas has reminded me that I haven't finished Thronebreaker yet so I resumed that this evening. It's good but I think it definitely overstays its welcome so I might end up putting it on the backburner again.

I totally forgot about Subnautica, which I played very briefly on Steam but didn't get too far with.

And Jimbob's backlog: Afraid
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 16:14

Backlog threads are a pointless endeavour for me considering that I've got over 200 unfinished games across PS3 and PS4 according to my Backloggery... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 11:01

Unfinished or unplayed? Unfinished is nothing to feel guilty about if you just had enough of them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 23:27

Mostly unplayed... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 23:47

Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   Gn-gift_guide_variable_c

(I used to be similar though, always spending on steam sales and never even installing games. It's why I always play in offline mode where possible now. Steam cannot advertise what's on sale to me if it does that!

Also games are weird. There are some games which you know are going to take over 20 hours to finish. You know that you want to play it one day, just not the day you bought it - especially if it's a sale game. But then the day that you want to play it never comes and it's several years later now and there are new exciting things you do want to play  DAMN YOU! )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 1:00

So far this year new games have been rather quiet and look to be picking up nearer the end of this month. Yet somehow I've gone from I might play some more Days Gone or Frozen Wilds in my backlog to having loads of games I want to play

Xbox:

Coffee Talk, got this sent to me and it looks like Valhalla which I liked a lot

Final Fantasy XV, yeah I've played on PS4 and Pocket on Switch just this has all the DLC which I've not played

Journey to the Savage Planet, I'm about halfway through this but I just stopped for some reason but I was having fun and really should finish before it drops to a tenner or comes to Game Pass

Two Point Hospital, launched into Game Pass and I've done the first two hospitals which were super fun

Yakuza 0, this is the one I tried on PS4 and it didn't click but as this has come to Xbox in Game Pass, I want to give it another go and hoping to play it shows people want Japanese games on Xbox (I will try Kiwami when that arrives as well)

PS4:

The Walking Dead Final Season, picked this up on disc for a tenner

Stadia:

Borderlands 3, bought in a Pro sale and so far seems like more Borderlands which is okay

Destiny 2, I wanted to take part in the recent event and even though I had the things to give, I couldn't and from what I read it's either because I've not done Forsaken because of Cayde or I'm not level 900+ and soon is Trials of Osiris

Ghost Recon Breakpoint, got sent this and due to work I've basically made my character but seems like this has been popular on the platform with only real issue being it's another shooter

Spitlings, a rather simple platform thing that I could see being a hit on Switch

Steamworld Quest, talking of Switch did anyone play this? As I've wanted to but the price put me off but now I've got easy access to it and also got Dig 2 which I might play for the second time mainly for the achievements

PC:

Football Manager 19, gone back to this where I'm managing Kobe in the J League

I know this is Nontendo but Nintendo would add two more games Fire Emblem Echoes on 3DS and Tokyo Mirage on Switch

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyTue 3 Mar 2020 - 7:48

How dare you mention Nintendo in this thread you piece of shit...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:03

Just wanted to show how big the backlog truly is just at the moment
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyThu 16 Jul 2020 - 11:52

You know that post from Balla in the random thoughts thread about having ever had a period where you've just struggled to be interested in games? This sometimes has and think it's happening now post Last of Us Part II and maybe Ghost of Tsushima will be the game that gets me back in the mood

But since TLoUPII I've been bouncing on and off things such as

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated, the game I got to play after TLOUPII as I liked on OG Xbox and being a fun colourful adventure that be great but I've done like two levels

Soul Calibur VI, come to Game Pass and started to mess around with it but not really to bothered about getting into the story mode proper

Iron Man VR, Picked up as it's the big VR game but haven't been assed to plug my PSVR in

Rocket Arena, picked this up yesterday and the 10 or so matches have been fun enough

Ooblets, come to Xbox Game preview and messed around for a bit and could be worth a better look at

That's just a few games I've dabbled with and that's not including a few games I've picked up on STEAM Sale or any other sale, I've also downloaded likes of CrossCode on Xbox via Game Pass a game I've been looking forward to but it's sort there & I get to it at some point.

I'm glad August looks a tad dire but everything seems muh from what I have played part from the few short indies I have talked about in last game finished thread & if they weren't short doubt I'd finished them.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 3:31

As mentioned elsewhere, I've got loads of games I need ro work through.

Currently Playing:
God of War Ragnarok - I think I'm nearing the end of the story but nowhere near finished as I'll want to 100% it.

Games I've started and want to get back to:
Alien isolation - I started this as something to stream but annoyingly certain features meant I couldn't stream it as I wanted, it's not put me off though and I wanna put myself through this for some reason.
Bloodborne - My first foray into a Fromsoft game was a lot of fun, however it got dropped for something new at the time and hasn't had a look in since.
Elden Ring - Oh look, my second foray into a Fromsoft game and it's basically the same story, it's a big bastard of a game so I never felt like I had the time to return.
Hitman 3 - The Back Page Pod makes this sound like one of the greatest games ever and it was definitely good what little I did play, same story again, ooh shiny new game.
Returnal - I really like this game but a couple of irritating glitches halted my progress so the frustration of that has kept me away, it's since had patches and updates that should make the experience a whole lot nicer to return to.
Yooka-layleeI tired of this quite late in to the game but it was an excessive focus on the trophy list that caused it, would like to finish it if only for the nostalgic feels.

Games I want to start:
Bioshock - A huge gap in my gaming experience I wanna rectify.
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Much like the main game I wanna play through this before Rebirth.
Cyberpunk 2077 - Curiosity more than anything,  I was never hyped for this game but it sounds like there's something good there now they've fixed it so I wanna try it.
Disco Elyseum - Sounds like an unforgettable game that I'm glady still very unsure what to expect from it.
Dragon Quest XI S - Despite playing very little of the series I really dig the whole look and feel of it so wanna try the series proper.
Guacamelee 2 - I loved the first game so don't really know why I've not played this yet.
Inscryption - Another highly rated game I don't really know what to expect from so excited to finally get around to.
It Takes Two - I just need someone to play through it with so won't hold my breath on this one.
Mass Effect - Another huge gap I need to look at.
Sayonara Wild Hearts - Not a huge game so should be easy to do, my daughter had a go of this on a phone in a shop once whilst we waited for my partner and she loved it so I've wanted to play it on the big screen ever since.
The Amazing Spiderman 2 - The fly in the ointment, its Spiderman however and I love dat boi also if I don't play it before Spiderman 2 on PS5 I'll never play it.
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier & The Walking Dead: The Final Season - I wanna see how the story concludes, even if it wasn't necessarily how they originally planned.
Yakuza 0 - I need to give this series a proper go and where better to start than here?

Games I'm not as eager to get back to but up for trying again:
Deathloop - Possibly one of the worst purchases I've ever made, I wasn't hyped for this at all and I paid the full £70 for it, so I might as well get some of my money's worth.
Deleveled - No I know you've never heard of this game but you should have because I was randomly given a code for this to promote the game, whoops. Its actually a pretty neat puzzle game and would make for a Platinum Trophy not many people have if I can manage it.
Hades - I never did the epilogue on the Switch so I'd like to play through that at some point and might as well get trophies whilst I do it.
Hollow Knight - Same as above except percentage based (think I managed 76%).
Slime Rancher - Quite underappreciated this, I remember enjoying it and think I'd really like it if I played more.
WWE 2K22 - Will probably be up for more of this when Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania season rolls around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 9:33

Some bangers there, which I'm sat on 97% for God of War Ragnarok because of a bug. Hopefully it gets patched soon and I can get my platinum trophy.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 11:09

That bug is karma for all the crap Platinums you've done.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 14:30

Treesmurf wrote:

Deathloop - Possibly one of the worst purchases I've ever made, I wasn't hyped for this at all and I paid the full £70 for it, so I might as well get some of my money's worth.

I played this through PS Plus Extra and I don't think I'd have spent £70 on it by any means, but I had a good time with Deathloop in the end. It definitely took a bit of time for it to click though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 20:12

To be fair, what little I did play seemed enjoyable enough, it just fell by the wayside and it was such an impulse buy that I've found it hard to get in the mood to play it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 14:20

I thought Deathloop was a banger, lots of fun to be had playing through it and messing around with the powers. I suspect the online elements of the game are not what they once were, but I don't think that's going to put too much of a damper on the campaign.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 16:54

I done the first little opening bit of Deathloop just before the new year just to mess with the gyro controls and was a little disappointed to find that the flick stick option doesn't quite work with this style of stealth FPS. Everything else seemed pretty cool though & thankfully it has plenty other gyro options where I've managed to tinker it into more of Splatoon style set up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 13:29

Any game with gyro controls gets at least a half hour of Jaster's time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 15:03

Laughing Is that how long I've played it for?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   EmptySun 22 Jan 2023 - 14:25

I'm now a dirty Game Pass user, and it's already "done a Netflix" on me. I've got 20 games downloaded, and played an hour of each Laughing Two games that I thought were impressive are A Plague Tale: Innocence and Gears 5, however, I've since deleted them. They are very pretty, very cinematic, and very next-gen, but I wasn't actually having fun. They feel like the definition of modern gaming and probably why I am starting to regret getting a Series X. I wanted to go all in on a new console to stay current, but it's the indies and smaller titles that I've spent my time with so far. Currently playing Tetris Effect and Yakuza 3 knowing full well the console is sat there frowning at me: "This is what you got me for?". The first game I played on it was Blast Corps on Rare Replay. I guess it's fine to play old games on a new system, but I do wonder if I'm falling out of love with the big new releases. Maybe it's time to jump back to Nintendo...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt    Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt   Empty

Back to top Go down

Nontendo Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next