We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 7:58

This is an obvious one, but the Daily Mail. It's gone beyond just being bad "journalism" for me now, especially after this story. (Don't worry, that isn't a link to the DM. You're not giving them hits!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 18:06

That's... my soul just shivered. How utterly appalling and how abhorrent a publication it truly is.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 22:43

So this guy complains about how a transgender teacher could ruin children's innocence, then attacks her via a newspaper article, then she kills herself. Now the children have the death of a teacher to ponder over, unless the school have kept silent about it.

I'm not really going to say much more on it since I cant really judge either person involved. The whole thing seems counter productive by this 'journalists' view though. Although you cant know people will go that far, it is no excuse, just like those brain-dead Australian DJ's and that poor Nurse.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 23:52

Vidofnir wrote:
Now the children have the death of a teacher to ponder over, unless the school have kept silent about it.

I think the kids might cotton on eventually.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 2:33

Wales.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 2:48

Vidofnir wrote:
I'm not really going to say much more on it since I cant really judge either person involved. The whole thing seems counter productive by this 'journalists' view though. Although you cant know people will go that far, it is no excuse, just like those brain-dead Australian DJ's and that poor Nurse.
I'd throw some of the blame of that on the media who kept that story going for a week after it happened.

On a lighter, more specific note, people who say they have "a KFC", or have had "a KFC" - no, you've had some KFC. Someone more intelligent than me will have to explain what's wrong with saying "having a KFC", I ain't smart enough to figures it out. *scratches scalp*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 3:13

Dusty Knackers wrote:
On a lighter, more specific note, people who say they have "a KFC", or have had "a KFC" - no, you've had some KFC. Someone more intelligent than me will have to explain what's wrong with saying "having a KFC", I ain't smart enough to figures it out. *scratches scalp*

I say this. I don't know why - it's just a piece of slang that's slipped into my lexicon. I mean obviously it makes no sense, but it's basically used to substitute saying "I have had a meal from KFC". Saying "some KFC" doesn't seem right to me either though, considering KFC is a company after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 7:28

In this age of "Googleing", "having a KFC" (even though "having a Kentucky Fried Chicken" doesn't make sense unless you're eating the whole chicken) is the least of my worries about the way the English language is going.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 10:27

My bosses which I have no problem with usually until now. They have decided to lock us out of part of the control room which I kinda need from time to time
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:27

Balladeer wrote:
In this age of "Googleing", "having a KFC" (even though "having a Kentucky Fried Chicken" doesn't make sense unless you're eating the whole chicken) is the least of my worries about the way the English language is going.

lol ikr! rad, hip etcetera... ( getting on your nerves yet?)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:29

You're too late for that, Duckie. The language of the yoof has long ago taken up permanent residence on my spinal column.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:38

Oh well, worth a try I suppose...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 13:28

I'm guilty of making the suggestion that people "Google it" from time-to-time. It's more convenient than saying "Look it up on the internet, dumbass."

~

People who say "Dumbass".

Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 16:57

People who say 'at the end of the day'.

This actually really annoys me beyond all reasoning and I will cease further intellectual converse with said person.

I'm probably at fault for finding it so annoying. However, the saying is always used in idiotic context and there will definitely be a more accurate and aesthetically pleasing way of getting across the meaning.

So, in what cases can this droll use of our language be used?

Certainly not in any context that will have a lasting impression of further than exactly 24 hours, as this would simply make the whole saying meaningless as the next day the problem would be void.

However I constantly hear this being used for exactly that. "At the end of the day, you got the grades to go to Uni". No, if you would please look at my exam timetable teacher, you will find I gained my grades progressively over a number of days.

Or in a more working class environment (My job). "At the end of the day, you have to refund a coffee even if a customer spills it". No, if you would please look at the clock, miss. manager, the time is currently 12:30pm, are you suggesting I leave the refund until about 7:30 or later, when I can deem it to be around "the end of the day". In which case the customer will have been standing around for an impressive 7 hours waiting for a £1.25 for her cup of tea? NO.

In the right context

At the end of the day, I/you/she/he/it (delete as appropriate) will go to bed. However even the term "end of the day" is subjective as many people have night-shifts so we cannot conclude that night is therefore the end of the day.

In conclusion this vulgar use of our language should be cast away from society. Starting right here!

Well, that was a nice rant Hissy fit Nah nah! .
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 18:03

Pedantry.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 18:28

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 19:16

And thus, the friendship between beemoh and Balladeer was broken over the incorrect placement of an apostrophe and when one should utilise the semi-colon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 12:11

Something to get to me is people going "no" instead of "know" I'm seeing it more and more and I don't know why but it's starting to !&$% me off
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:39

Customers that phone up when I'm on lunch.

I know people don't know exactly when my lunchtime is, but surely common sense dictates that you don't call between 11.30 and 1.30 to cover all the bases?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 1:49

They're phoning during their lunch when they have time Winky Face
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 13:18

Dusty Knackers wrote:
They're phoning during their lunch when they have time Winky Face

I neglect to see how that's my problem. Grin

More seriously, we only sell stuff to businesses- they don't need to wait until lunch to call, the call is work!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 13:40

Solution: go out/to the canteen for lunch. Avoids calls, plus you get the wonderful feeling of not being at your desk for a blessed hour!
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolf
Chuffster
ShadoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 19:34

Vidofnir wrote:
People who say 'at the end of the day'.
Like these?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 10:16

Working until 2100. Pretty bad experience, all told.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 10:18

87 years is a bloody long shift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next