We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions

Go down 
+8
Kriken
masofdas
gjones
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 20:11

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Semi-transparent controllers and consoles should make a comeback.  They were too good-looking to be the fad they appear to have been.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/01/translucent-dualshock-4-colors-hit-store-shelves-this-month/

That's a good start!

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I love wiimote aiming but hate gyro aiming, so the world has gone wrong Sad

I agree with this. Never got on with gyro aiming. It helps that the Wiimote was gun-shaped (if you squint really really hard) I guess. GJones mentioned Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Wiimote gunning was IMO the best part of Metroid Prime 3.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 20:19

masofdas wrote:
The issue is Ubisoft for instance with upcoming Rainbow Six Quarantine, I just don't see them putting the time in to have the Dual Shock 4/5 to use gyro as the Xbox/Stadia/Other controllers don't have it.

Where you bring up DOOM, where it comes to Switch a port team are just handling that version, where they can use the Switches features such as gyro.

Yup I said that it likely doesn't happen because of a number of different factors, different controllers for other systems is just another one. Also I personally don't think it'd take up too much dev time to support it for the systems that do have motion/gyro set ups.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 11:15

My problem with gyro aiming is that my hands aren't particularly steady and I hate the constant screen wobble. Wiimote aiming gives you a deadzone in the centre of the screen - the screen view only moving if you aim outside of that. With gyro, every movement seems to result in the whole view moving to match.

But also, I play switch handheld almost exclusively, and changing the angle of the actual screen you are looking at is just rubbish. But obviously wiimote pointing wouldn't work handheld either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 19:02

Yep, same. I have decidedly unsteady hands.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 17:33

When you search for the GNamer Forum on Google, your search results come up with the website and a description for it. For years, it’s been “We love video games! Apart from Aero Gauge”. Here’s the thing: I don’t think Aero Gauge is that bad, at least not to the extent where it should be singled out for that sort of distinction anyway. It’s brutally hard and very light on content, true, and you’d have felt like a prize wanker if you’d paid £50 for it back in 1998. Yet I think I could name ten N64 games that I think are worse than it (Carmageddon 64, Superman 64, Mortal Kombat Mythologies, FIFA 64, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue, Wheel of Fortune, Clayfighter 63 1/3, Milo’s Astro Lanes, Dual Heroes and Batman Return of the Joker, see?).

...it doesn't get any more controversial or positive than that..!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 19:02

It certainly doesn't! Bloody Hell Cappa, you've played more dross on the N64 than I think I have on all consoles ever. All purchased for 99p out of a charity shop I hope?

Also: I don't know about Moyles, but I'm very open to other suggestions for games to put there. Bonus points if they hark back to the NGamer era or before.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 23:09

"We love video games! Apart from Breath of the Wild".
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 12:27

Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fc0.thejournal.ie%2Fmedia%2F2014%2F03%2Frollseyes

I was honestly expecting that answer... but not from you.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 10 May 2020 - 17:07

Balladeer wrote:

Also: I don't know about Moyles, but I'm very open to other suggestions for games to put there.  Bonus points if they hark back to the NGamer era or before.

I'd be up for that too! Answers on a postcard please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2020 - 20:16

Not very Controversial but a POSITIVE Gaming Opinion is Annapurna Interactive are becoming one of my favourite publishers, like you know how Jas seems to feel about Devolver, I feel the same about AI soon as I see their name my interested is peaked.

Why I bring up now is they've had a great of showing this week and a lot of what I'm looking forward to from the PS5 event is from them.

They've brought us
What Remains of Edith Finch
Gorogoa, I wasn't keen on this one but I know people do like it
Florence, I replayed it again this year on Switch and I'd easily put in my Top 10 Switch games
Donut County, better than Untitled Goose Game and I know it plays different but silly raccoons are better
Outer Wilds, another I wasn't keen on but I know people do like it
Sayonra Wild Hearts, Banger and that's just the tunes
Telling Lies, I need to play this at some point
Kentucky Route Zero

Then coming
The Pathless
The Artful Escape
12 Minutes
I Am Dead
Stray, it has a cat with a backpack
Solar Ash, Hyper Light Drifter spiritual successor
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2020 - 18:24

Yep, I don't think that's controversial. Them and Team 17 excite me when they pop up, although Team 17's output has been a bit more hit-and-miss. Nevertheless I'm always excited to see what they come out with next!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 13:24

Just a shame that out of the 9 games they have coming out 3 are PlayStation Console Exclusives, 3 are Xbox Console Exclusives, 1 is Switch Console Exclusive, 2 PC Only

Sure they might be all timed exclusives it's just annoying for someone like you Balla having to wait, guess only benefit is I can say 12 Minutes is fantastic or sucks that when it does come to a platform you use you have feedback to go on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2020 - 20:27

Eh, I'm not fussed by waiting. There's always plenty to keep me occupied! I'm just busy enjoying the pacing of the releases (and shouting swearing and issuing death threats at the state of Origami King).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions   Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Controversial POSITIVE Gaming Opinions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2