We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)

Go down 
+12
Rum
Kriken
Buskalilly
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
shanks
The_Jaster
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 7:06

Don't forget Super MARIO World 2 Yoshi Island

It's a shame, much as I'm not a Switch fan, that it likely won't get it's own proper Mario Kart (could even be a Nintendo Kart now) but I guess whenever Switch 2 arrives the next Kart will be a big deal indeed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 7:15

Is Yoshi's Island on the Switch online?

I'm totally in agreement that its a Mario game but its specifically platforming with Mario himself that I want to marathon. YI does its own thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 7:32

I've got no idea not looked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 8:39

Buskalilly wrote:
Is Yoshi's Island on the Switch online?

I'm totally in agreement that its a Mario game but its specifically platforming with Mario himself that I want to marathon. YI does its own thing.

Yep it is indeed on the SNES online app.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 8:43

Sexy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 19:04

(*catches up with thread*)
(*which took a while*)
(*what the fuck is all this grumpiness in a thing about Mario's birthday*)

I think I will naturally play them in order myself, and yeah it'll probably work out timing-wise very well! I hope so anyway - the mistake I made with playing "all the SNES games on the Switch" is that I started with Breath of Fire, and it's now a year later.

The Mario Kart AR things: I was talking with a buddy of mine yesterday; as rapidly-aging men, this seems like some kind of witchcraft to us, and would have been the most amazing thing in the whole universe (I still feel a bit like that when I think about it). Maybe to today's youngsters this is just what technology does and it's "quite cool I guess". But it's already 1000 times better than e.g. Scalextric. I hope it succeeds; it has the potential to be huge.
Some smart-arse on the official facebook post for this went "huh whats next starfox drones lol". Except of course that this is actually another fantastic idea.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 19:16

Jimbob wrote:
Some smart-arse on the official facebook post for this went "huh whats next starfox drones lol". Except of course that this is actually another fantastic idea.

Now I'd definitely buy one of those & I don't think the little small drones are that expensive to make either.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2020 - 11:18

Buskalilly wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
The Mario Kart thing looks cool, seen someone say they kind of had to do this because they've no good reason to release a proper game on the Switch with 8 Deluxe still selling like hot pies,  
I think I said that, just up there :p ☝☝

That was literally the only line from your post I missed somehow. Here's another hot take that I bet someone has already said, Super Mario Galaxy 2 included in the package as an unlockable game. Very optimistic I know but from a marketing point I can why you'd have just the 3 games on the box as "N64 game" " GameCube game" and "Wii game" as it puts more focus on the fact they're 3 landmark games rather than 3 and a sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2020 - 11:27

Oh that'd be great just to see the egg on peoples faces. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2020 - 8:00

Jimbob wrote:

I'd buy that for a dollar! Or, y'know, a hundred of them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2020 - 17:21

Balladeer wrote:
I was wary about entering into this discussion and going Full Balla, but I see that Buska and Mas have got there ahead of me.  I must admit to being surprised at the contents of 3D All-Stars (recalling that the original All-Stars had a full paint job for a couple of games and a game the West had never seen) combined with the price, although apparently not as surprised as Mas!

Anyway, Bowser's Fury looked potentially intriguing, I thought.  Given that SM3DW is obviously better in multiplayer, depending on the scale of the additional content I could be tempted to pick it up to replay it with The Lady... which is not what I thought I'd be saying when The Year Of Mario first leaked!

This is more or less my take on SM3DAS as well. I think it's a whopper package for those in the mood to replay those three games and it's a can't miss deal for those that haven't played them at all, but I've got to admit that I was hoping for a bit more in the way of a visual refresh than sharper textures and widescreen support. To their credit, Galaxy didn't need anything more than that as that's a gorgeous game once you shake off some of the Wii crustiness and Sunshine wouldn't need much more done to it either as Gamecube games typically age really well, but to see a mostly untouched SM64 was a bit disappointing to me personally.

I'd usually say "one for me to wait on when I'm in the mood for some classic Mario", but the six-month availability window doesn't really give me a lot of choice there either. That part doesn't sit right with me and whilst I can understand a limited physical run, a limited digital run makes no sense unless they're planning to sell them separately. If that happens, fair enough as I'd probably not be too arsed with SM64 anyway and I'd be happy enough to pay £17 or whatever for the other two. Anyway, I'll move on as I don't want to be overly negative on what is genuinely a great deal for some, but aye, maybe not for me.

As for the rest of the stuff, I'm actually quite excited for SM3DW! I think I read somewhere that it's going to have online co-op which is great news and it'll be great to get my teeth stuck into a Mario game that I've never played. That Mario Kart AR is a genuinely clever idea and whilst I'd get no use out of it, it'll be great to see what people get up to with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2020 - 18:32

Oh good, I'm not alone. I feel like Sunshine could have done with some camera tweaks and a Blue Coin finder, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020 - 15:02

Aye, definitely opportunities missed for some little tweaks, but it's clearly doing gangbusters already for Nintendo so there we are!

I was reading that we were meant to get a big Super Mario themed E3 booth experience this year prior to COVID scuppering that plan. That's a shame - Nintendo's booths have always looked really impressive, so it'd have been ace to see what they could have rustled up for Mario's 35th birthday.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2020 - 19:34

Not being able to drive remote-controlled AR karts around a proper Nintendo-designed track on the show floor is a real missed opportunity. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Sep 2020 - 9:40

God, imagine that E3 with an issue of NGamer being written about it . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySat 12 Sep 2020 - 14:51

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 3:08

Matthew Castle ----------------------------   Matthew Castle

Matthew Castle Matthew Castle Matthew Castle Matthew Castle
Matthew Castle ------------------------------- Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 11:34

Nintendo could have announced Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario Bros. 4, Super Mario 64 2 and Super Mario Sunshine 2 and Future Publishing would have still put a Lego game on the cover of that NGamer Magazine.

~

Nintendo Life have an article about Super Mario 3D All Stars' menu if you're interested in that sort of thing: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/heres_your_first_look_at_the_main_menu_in_super_mario_3d_all-stars

It's a better effort than what Nintendo did for Super Mario's 25th Anniversary in 2010, when they slapped the SNES version of Super Mario All Stars on a Wii disc with no enhancements and charged £30.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:09

The reviews for Super Mario 3D All Stars are coming through:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-mario-3d-all-stars/critic-reviews 

They're all basically saying the same thing: 'two classic games and Sunshine, where's Galaxy 2, this is lazy and a shite anniversary'. The total bodying that Super Mario Sunshine is taking is quite surprising though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 20:26

That is a bit disappointing - although I am also less pleased to play Sunshine again, grump that I am. However, it's surprising how many people say they first played Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 2 and 3 via All-Stars. I know these aren't remakes or anything, but it may still be the first time some people will have had access to these games. Perhaps not an excuse, but this isn't just for us olides.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 22:41

I think that's what I find annoying about people up in arms about these rereleases - we're a minority of the audience who this is actually aimed at. Some of the write-ups highlight how misleading a numbered score can be as well. "Incredible, genre-defining games, but that's not enough. 7/10"
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 1:24

Every single person on Earth is an idiot and should be fed to the dogs. Mario Sunshine is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 6:05

Rum wrote:
I think that's what I find annoying about people up in arms about these rereleases - we're a minority of the audience who this is actually aimed at. Some of the write-ups highlight how misleading a numbered score can be as well. "Incredible, genre-defining games, but that's not enough. 7/10"

I've said before about these sort of things especially as someone that did buy 4K films, that are you reviewing the film or the quality of that version?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 6:14

It's like the age-old problem of whether to review something based on its price, or based on the people who made it, or any other extraneous factor. Ultimately, people all draw their own lines on this stuff, everyone's perception of value and money is different. I think all you can do is give the facts and let people decide. I rarely think price should be the main topic of discussion in a review.

I'm not saying these things shouldn't be discussed, I absolutely think they should, especially business practices. I just think that concentrating on those things to the exception of talking about some all-time classic games is pretty wasteful.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 9:57

masofdas wrote:
Rum wrote:

I've said before about these sort of things especially as someone that did buy 4K films, that are you reviewing the film or the quality of that version?

That's not what I'm saying. My point was that reviewers are saying exactly the same thing and some are giving it 7 and some are giving in 9 (Chris Scullion doing the latter). Obviously numbered scores are pretty useless overall and we know that but this is highlighting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next