We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 10:06

That circle on the back of "Yu Suzuki's Latest Masterpiece" looks like a Datel ad from 1998. I don't know what point I'm making there, sometimes you just way what you see
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 22:13

SSX Tricky for a quid is a blinding purchase, even if it does have that Xbox Classics artwork. I've always liked the Platinum and Player's Choice silver of that generation, but thought the budget Xbox brand felt undercooked.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 23:00

And Ninja Gaiden Black and Fable The Lost Chapters are only available, in that range (sure Lost Chapters is in the sub best of range) so very annoying as I hate the budget releases sticking out in a collection.

Though on YT, seen people go for complete PS1 Platinum range or PS3 essentials which some are kinda rare, also when all red cases it does look nice along with achievable collection compared to trying to get every PS3 game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 8:26

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 Img_2093

I mentioned buying Very Very Valet in the bargains thread, and I’m happy to try it for under a fiver.

Elmo’s Number Journey was regrettably bought after a few too many drinks and during some late-night browsing on a UK-based site I’ve been using to get my import games. It just suddenly came into stock, it's the first time I think I've ever seen it for sale on any place I use. I’ll take any chance I can take to play an N64 game I’ve never played before and I’ll buy anything that’s not stupidly expensive, but this was plainly a step too far. 

The two Xbox games were from the same PDSA charity shop, one that prices all their games at £2.99. Amongst UEFA Champions League 2001-2002, FIFA 2003 and Rugby 2004 on the PS2 were those belters. Minecraft has already gone to CEX for a good profit, but I know the reputation of The Orange Box and recognise that I’m wiser to keep a hold of it and hopefully get round to playing it someday.

Lastly there’s a couple of EA Big games that I happened to get within a few days of one another. Sled Storm is stylistically similar to SSX and I’ve been enjoying it. NBA Street Vol. 2 is a replacement for the copy I presumed to have for years but can’t find – I’m guessing that I accidentally put it into a charity shop when I cleared out dozens of GameCube games during lockdown. I was happy to get an Amazon bargain on that, it was only about eight quid delivered.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 9:12

Half-Life seems so far removed from a Cappa game. Portal though, everyone should like that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 20:17

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 Img_2094

I’ve been buying too many games lately.

Another Code: Recollection was bought with expiring Game Collection points, taking it down to about twenty quid. The Switch version of Mad Rat Dead had been on my CEX wishlist for nearly eighteen months and never came into stock once. When it did, I bought it immediately; it’s a game that you used to be able to find new without much fuss, until suddenly you couldn’t. I think it’ll become a rarity, £30 might soon prove to be on the cheaper end of the scale.

It’s not often you see Wii U games in a charity shop, let alone two that you don’t have. While these aren’t games I’d have given a second look in CEX, for Oxfam I was happy to pick them up. Just Dance was £2.99 and Minecraft was £7.99.

On Tuesdays I usually work from an office in town, and at lunch I sometimes take a saunter to the nearby charity shops and second-hand stores. There was nothing different than usual at the Cash Generator, but while I was browsing the sales assistant plonked another fifteen-or-so Mega Drive games onto the shelf. I thought ‘that’s great timing!’, but the stock was either of games I already have, didn’t like the condition of, or felt were overpriced. Asterix & The Great Rescue is in great shape for six quid though, even if the game itself is meant to be a bit mince. I was told that somebody shoplifted some other Mega Drive games when they were left sitting on the counter before going on display – maybe one was Alien Soldier, maybe one was Premier Manager ’97, who knows.

Lastly is the latest issue of Retro Gamer. The only place near me that stocks it is WH Smith, and all my local ones seem to only get one copy of it in per month. It’s been ages since I’ve seen a Retro Gamer for sale, and I thought I may as well. I don’t know if I enjoy it enough to get a subscription, but the cover article seemed like something I’d enjoy reading.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024 - 10:38

Had to look up Mad Rat Dead as I've never heard of it, looks like it plays like Patapon, ohh also being from NIS yeah can see going up in price.

And I'm guessing all of Minecraft Story on the disc, I could see that going up as well seeing it was pulled from online stores. As I'm sure one of the version like only episode 1 on the disc, then it's a code.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024 - 12:06

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 20240410

Giz and Me did a 3DS look back Nintencast, and we talked about games we missed etc and the one that really stood out to me was Metroid Samus Returns. It coming out after the Switch is one way to put me off, and it being a Metroid game which till the Switch with Dread, Prime Remaster and Fusion I wasn't fussed at all about the series.

As you can tell it's sealed still, I will open when I get around to playing it. If you're wondering where I got it, it was from HIT for £36.49 which is only £4.49 more than CEX used, and they've got a bunch of other new 3DS games still along with Wii & Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 2:26

Samus Returns is a nice little game. For me, the peak are the 16-bit ones just because I like the chunky look and feel. Dread is slick because it has the Switch controls, but Samus Returns is still a fun adventure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25