We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Empty
PostSubject: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 11:37

This morning SEGA announced not one but four Game Gear Micros, this was not the big news teased by Famitsu that was about Fog Gaming with Arcade Machines which we will never see because we're not in Japan and doubt the public will either.

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Sega-game-gear-micro.original

Each of the four Micro's comes with four games on it

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Game-gear.original
Outrun, Puyo Puyo Tsu / 2, Royal Stone, Sonic the Hedgehog

Baku Baku Animal: Sekai Shiikugakari Senshuken / Baku Baku, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic & Tails / Sonic Chaos, Sylvan Tale

Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux, Shining Force, Shining Force: Final Conflict, Shining Force II

Columns, The G.G. Shinobi, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special

I kinda like each having a selection of games as I know with other Mini's for Cappa the RPG's are muh, where with this he can just not buy the Yellow and Red one but also why I'd have the line-ups slightly different and having Blue with both Sonic games, Gunstar & Outrun as more of an action bundle.

The price is also not great the conversion rate is about £50 each so that's £200 if you want all 16 games, now they are two special bundles with all four in which might work out cheaper for the basic version of that.

Also, from an interview a White one and a Smoke one were planned and the six micros were going to have one game each on them, so that would have been £300 for six games urghh

Then this which I think might be needed due to how small the micros are
Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Sega-big-window-micro.original

I don't know if we will see these in the west as the line up is very Japanese focused and I don't know SEGA would get away with selling four of them with four games each for £50 over here, I feel maybe just a basic black but with 12 or so games for around £100 would be more likely.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 7 Jul 2020 - 15:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 12:48

If they were twenty quid a pop with some changeable faceplates (like Game Boy Micro and New 3DS) thrown in, then I could maybe see myself picking one up if I was feeling flush with cash while on my big shop at Asda. I don't think the idea is a bad one, and I don't think the fun factor or comfort are big issues either, but that pricing just knackers the whole thing for me.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 12:49

Classic SEGA. Is this how they are celebrating their 60th anniversary? I've dabbled with Game Gears in the past (a friend had one) but part of the appeal was that it was beefy with nice chunky buttons and a great colourful screen. This screen looks tiny!

I really hope they do something proper to celebrate their history. There is a whole generation that didn't grow up with SEGA and there is the Saturn and Dreamcast libraries just sitting there. Port them to Switch, or throw out some remasters, or make a Saturn Mini. Game Gear Micro would definitely fail in the West if you only get 4 games on it. And at some point Nintendo are bound to release a GameBoy Mini with 30 games on it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 13:05

I do believe it launches on the Game Gear's 30th anniversary as well or very close to the date.

But yes SEGA could do more and likely will maybe at New Game Expo which I think they're the headline publisher.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 7:44

These are a fun idea, but the Game Gear games I've played have all been utter gash. Give me a call when it's Game Boy.
masofdas wrote:
this was not the big news teased by Famitsu that was about Fog Gaming with Arcade Machines which we will never see because we're not in Japan

Speak for yourself, bitchpiece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 7:52

Boo but Smurf had same thoughts because Sonic wasn't like it was on Mega Drive

Also I did say general public but guess your school could use the power of the fog for something, otherwise I doubt you're seeing it either
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:28

masofdas wrote:
Boo but Smurf had same thoughts because Sonic wasn't like it was on Mega Drive
To be fair, I think Sonic is the only Mega Drive game I played and yeah, it was a bit naff.

Quote :
Also I did say general public but guess your school could use the power of the fog for something, otherwise I doubt you're seeing it either
Fog just sounds like Cloud to me, so I'm guessing it just means pretty arcade racers with lots of players?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 10:01

I guess you mean Game Gear there and not Mega Drive

Fog is like cloud but what they're doing is when the arcade machine isn't in use they're using it as a server for other things, and sounds like business etc can use it. But I'm guessing could used for game development in some way, like how Bungie now use Stadia for testing Destiny as they can push through the patches etc quicker
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 11:18

masofdas wrote:
I guess you mean Game Gear there and not Mega Drive
I did, but the sentence is true with Mega Drive or Game Gear Grin

Quote :
Fog is like cloud but what they're doing is when the arcade machine isn't in use they're using it as a server for other things, and sounds like business etc can use it. But I'm guessing could used for game development in some way, like how Bungie now use Stadia for testing Destiny as they can push through the patches etc quicker
Oh huh. I hope Sega cure COVID, that'd be pretty dope.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 11:54

Just watch as SEGA continue to completely avoid their 3D pass and use their arcade Fog gaming for Space Harrier, Thunder Blade and Altered Beast.

On another note, these Game Gears seem to be selling out everywhere! Personally, I think they're a complete rip-off. PlayAsia had the full set for a combined £230, which works out at roughly £14.38 a game. That's fucking mental! The Mega Drive Mini is £48 on Amazon UK right now!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 13:33

I saw Amazon Japan where I got my PC Engine Mini and other stuff in the past aren't shipping to the UK that a PlayAsia can charge a premium for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyTue 7 Jul 2020 - 15:06

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Astro-city-mini.original

Look how cute it is, this mini arcade will have 36 games which so far includes

Alien Syndrome
   Alien Storm
   Golden Axe
   Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
   Columns II
   Dark Edge
   Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
   Virtua Fighter
   Fantasy Zone
   Altered Beast

And does have an HDMI connection, two USB ports for controllers if you wish all for 12,800 yen (approximately $120 / £93)

It's a better deal than the Game Gear Micro but still seems way to much for what it is but imagine one of these with games from NAOMI.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyTue 7 Jul 2020 - 17:05

Ahh that's not too different from those little mini arcades that SNK Neo geo have done.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyTue 7 Jul 2020 - 17:17

Yeah, pretty much the same
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyWed 8 Jul 2020 - 13:04

WOOFT!!

Excited by this! As improbable as it is, I just hope that it gets a release over here. I'm also interested to see what gets included in this. A lot of SEGA's most iconic games use either a light gun or a steering wheel and brakes, so I'm presuming that it'll mostly focus on '80s and early '90s stuff. There's tons of them though!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_arcade_video_games#Sega_Titan_Video 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 23:44

Seen a couple videos on the Astro City and does look very neat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade   Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade Empty

Back to top Go down

Gearing up for Game Gear Micro and SEGA's Arcade
Page 1 of 1