We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON

Go down 
+11
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Muss
masofdas
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 23:57

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 0:49

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Pokemon Snap was one of the many N64 games I replayed during the first lockdown, and the review I did in the 'Last Retro Game You Completed' thread said that "Pokémon Snap is massively original, creative and characterful, with really high production values, varied and rich graphics, a befittingly melodic soundtrack...for an undemanding, stress-free playthrough, it might be unbeatable on the Nintendo 64".

I just want more of that. Just, please, give me more of that.

You'll get Cyberpunk 2077 levels of polish and you will like it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 8:07

Pokemon is Japanese not Polish
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 8:14

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgifimage.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F06%2Fboo-this-man-gif-7

Actually quite liked that pun, but it's the spirit of the thing. Boo
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 10:13

Total surprise seeing this trailer when I was queuing up some viewing for the bike at the gym.

This is surprisingly soon and looks gorgeous. I'm pumped.

Also, I liked Mas' joke. Fair play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 14:56

I'll echo what Cappa said really, I just want more Pokémon Snap, I'm sure there'll be new stuff, what I'm not sure but as long as it feels like the last one I'll be happy, maybe have an off rails area or option so I can explore to my heart's content.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:29

I am pleasantly surprised by the unexpected Meganium focus, as that was one of my faves as a kid. Big flower dinosaur even made the box art!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 22:57

Treesmurf wrote:
I'll echo what Cappa said really, I just want more Pokémon Snap, I'm sure there'll be new stuff, what I'm not sure but as long as it feels like the last one I'll be happy, maybe have an off rails area or option so I can explore to my heart's content.

The rails thing is the big thing I've seen that people are a little sad about. 'Sad' is relative, the main vibe is still unrelenting positivity, but there was some hope that you'd be able to drive the Zero-Two (or whatever it's called) freely. A free reign mode would be nice, but I can't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 8:15

The on rails aspect doesn't bother me as part of Snap's appeal is seeing little stories and animations play out. It would be a lot harder to pull that off without a scripted route the player follows through the course. If they had a super-compelx, multi-faceted interaction system between Pokémon, their environment and the player that would be great but I don't think that's the scale we're playing at here.

Rum wrote:
I am pleasantly surprised by the unexpected Meganium focus, as that was one of my faves as a kid. Big flower dinosaur even made the box art!

Let's Go Johto confirmed!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 9:33

Yeah I should add I'm 100% on board with on rails as I think it'd lose its charm without it, I'm just thinking as an unlockable extra at the end and even then that's because I don't know what else I'd want to add to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 18:38

I'm in agreement with the on-rails aspect - I think it wouldn't be Snap without having a set course to go on. Really adds to that safari/theme park vibe that makes the game what it is.

Totally irrational gripe here, but I really hope the game doesn't save every snap you take to your Switch screenshot folder. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 2:55

Hopefully it will have its own folder and its own integration with posting to SNS.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 18:36

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that - imagine the headlines when everyone's SD card is a-filled. I'd imagine you're asked to curate permanent photos.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 18:10

Jimbob wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that - imagine the headlines when everyone's SD card is a-filled. I'd imagine you're asked to curate permanent photos.

"100% BOTW SAVE WITH ALL KOROKS DELETED THANKS TO 457TH PICTURE OF MEOWTH'S ARSE, MORE AT 12"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2021 - 16:52

Sure does look pretty! 'Friends' though. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 2:21

I'm gonna have to start a second instagram account so people don't get sick of me spamming Pokémon Snap photos on my main . . .
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Apr 2021 - 3:43

JayMoyles wrote:
Totally irrational gripe here, but I really hope the game doesn't save every snap you take to your Switch screenshot folder. Laughing

Jimbob wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
"100% BOTW SAVE WITH ALL KOROKS DELETED THANKS TO 457TH PICTURE OF MEOWTH'S ARSE, MORE AT 12"

So, I've been mucking about with the camera a lot in Monster Hunter Rise. It's fun, it makes me want a full Monster Hunter Snap. HOWEVER. It does save every photo you take straight to your switch's photo folder.

That said, it turns out pictures don't take that much space. It's videos that fill your memory right the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 9:32

I saw a Hot UK Deal for this and went for it, even though I've never heard of the company and their website is a bit shonky, since the price was only £35. Boomerang Game Rentals. Anyone used them before?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:49

Pretty fondly talked about on another forum I visit, so I presume they're legit.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:51

Balladeer wrote:
Pretty fondly talked about on another forum I visit, so I presume they're legit.
That’s good to know, thanks
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:51

As I saw you bring them up had a look for Res Evil Village, but I could only rent it from them ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:55

masofdas wrote:
As I saw you bring them up had a look for Res Evil Village, but I could only rent it from them ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

That game makes me wish I had a PS5
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 19:09

It's on everting but Switch if you have another option, even the cloud.

But going off-topic unless some ones one of the Pokémon to step on them.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 19:49

I don’t wanna buy a game on Stadia though
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 19:57

Even though I like Stadia, there's other cloud options as well, but you would need to buy the game though on something like STEAM. I was more pointing out you don't need a PS5 as its last gen and other options if a game you want to play isn't on Switch than very likely a way to play it, if you really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next