We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marvel at these September Games

Go down 
+6
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
gjones
Balladeer
Jimbob
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 1:09

Crumpy Andy wrote:

The stuff with the QTE is particularly dumb to pick on, the only options there are insta-death, meaning you have to wait for a load to respawn or it has to hang at some point. I know I prefer the latter as I don't intend to leave my QTEs hanging for an extended period of time...

It's just so weird - I've never seen a QTE coded like that at all. Why even bother having a QTE if there's no fail state? Either make it a cutscene or have a fail state as otherwise it's utterly pointless. It's getting to the point where QTEs really need to go away. They're really outdated, rarely executed well and are often hindrances. Make a cool cutscene, let me grab a drink or something and we'll all be better off.

masofdas wrote:
From what I've seen of people playing, think most are enjoying and know it's nothing special. It's just a fun 7/10 sort of game, especially with mates be a laugh.

Aye, I don't think the game will be bad, but I'm not down for investing time into a 6/10 or a 7/10 when there's so many other games vying for my attention. Uninspired, as Muss says, sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 8:24

But that makes it sound like the purpose of this is to make sure Thor doesn't fuck up. I don't think anyone was expecting Thor to come flying through the sky and to immediately stack it when he lands, it was there for the purpose of handing over agency - here's your new boi, press Triangle to start - sure if that was the start of a string of 8 QTEs I'd get it, but it wasn't, it was a transition.

Also what with FFXIV be without Active Time Maneuvers..
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 10:35

Yeah if you've got a decent backlog then could see why you wouldn't want invest time in it.

Guess that's also a positive of me waiting as how many new games will we see on PS5 in the first few months that I do have the time maybe play a live service game like Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 10:41

I hate the phrase, game as a live service Mad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 10:46

I know Jas does as well but unfortunately that's what some games are and pointed out at launch of the PS5 it will have Avengers, Godfall and Outriders

Actually it's more than that as Destiny 2 is getting a update, same with, GTA Online, Fortnite, Apex and Rainbow Six just little news on when for next gen (I would guess Minecraft and FFXIV will as well)

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 3 Sep 2020 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 11:43

Splatoon and ARMS are games which provide a service. Most of these other examples are games which constantly require you to service them.

To go back to the Thor thing, I 100% want the version where if you don't press a button in time he faceplants. That would be totally fitting with the humour of the films and comic books- remember when Banner did that in Ragnarok - but this game looks really po-faced.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 15:26

Yeah you look at Arms or Splatoon, those are games that celebrate you having bought them. That's the antithesis of most of the other "gAmEs As SeRvIcEs"
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 17:10

Muss wrote:
I hate the phrase, game as a live service Mad

masofdas wrote:
I know Jas does as well but unfortunately that's what some games are and pointed out at launch of the PS5 it will have Avengers, Godfall and Outriders

Actually it's more than that as Destiny 2 is getting a update, same with, GTA Online, Fortnite, Apex and Rainbow Six just little news on when for next gen (I would guess Minecraft and FFXIV will as well)

In general I'm not a fan of it especially with certain games that make that "service" their main reason for making said game as it usually just feels like a company is trying to swindle you out of your money and time. There can be games that do it really well though but those often already have a fun base idea that pulls you in in the first place and any new content being added over time I see as a little bonus, for example I could happily play the likes of Rainbow Six, MH World Iceborne & even Fall Guys if there was no new content being added.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 19:29

I never had any doubt from looking at the game's development that it would play well - it's a big game from a big publisher that no doubt focus-tested the gameplay into oblivion. It's just everything around that, from the money-grubbing to the really dull aesthetic, that I dislike. No opinion on the QTE other than Buska's idea being much better than what they apparently did.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 19:20

Spiderman set the bar for QTEs years ago, this should be the template for them going forward.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 19:51

Haha, that's a superb video.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 7:13

This might be something for a thread but something that come to mind after the Mario collection and after a tweet from someone saying PS5 will be the place for a Spider-Man fan as it will be likely that Spider-Man PS4, Avengers with Spider-Man, Miles Morales and a proper Spider-Man 2 will be on it.

Which is cool but with your post as well Smurf, why hasn't there (multiple legal reasons) been a Spider-Man collection of some kind as the Mega Drive had a bunch & the PS1 ones where good.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 7:17

I think it probably is just that a bunch of different companies own the rights to all different games.

Oh hey! I'm buying something this month now!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 11:51

October will be going up next Sunday and like always name ideas for a month which has the 4th game in the series the others didn't happen, sports, star wars, horror and more
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 18:56

Mario Kart in the living room's all good fun, until something gets kn-October.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 10:18

Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo

Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 KJsh

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 11:33

Reading that one makes me want to point at my mouth and demonstrate how to pronounce a "v" sound. It's more difficult than "l" and "r", apparently.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 15:50

Balladeer wrote:
Mario Kart in the living room's all good fun, until something gets kn-October.

This is a belter and cannot be topped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 16:19

Treesmurf wrote:
This is a belter and cannot be topped.

The_Jaster wrote:

Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 KJsh

Together: exactly the response I was hoping for. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 14:13

Well it be what I'm using unless someone comes up with something else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel at these September Games   Marvel at these September Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel at these September Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2