We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?

Go down 
+11
neil
EofGizmo
Rum
The_Jaster
Muss
Treesmurf
Kriken
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 14:45

It's next to F-Zero, Wave Race and the Mother series gathering dust.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:02

They did Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and every sensible person shot it down in flames, condemning the series forever.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 12:50

A lot of rumours from "insiders" that Nintendo are going to be all out on remasters/remakes that I do hope one is Golden Sun.

Most of the ones coming that are rumoured seem to be coming from the GameCube though, maybe a 3DS game mixed in as well, any you guys would want? I'm going to go out on a limb and say Balla would like TTYD.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 7:43

Path of Radiance. Path of Radiance! PATH OF RADIANCE!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 9:57

Know your a fan, but wouldn't you be worried that in a remaster they make it more like current Fire Emblem in some way.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 14:08

I'm sure they would add a no permadeath option, but that doesn't change the fact that it was designed around permadeath, so the stakes are real and the maps are fairer, there's no real reason they'd need to tweak much else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 19:41

masofdas wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Balla would like TTYD.

Shifty

There's one heavily rumoured remaster that I'm all the way up for (and it isn't TTYD), but as far as this topic is concerned, it blows my mind that we haven't had a new 2D Mario on Switch yet. I can't imagine at this stage that we'll get another NSMB, and I'm jonesing to see what they do when removed from those shackles.

Oh and we did indeed get The Great Ace Attorney translated into English, so that was pretty great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 9:45

Crumpy Andy wrote:
there's no real reason they'd need to tweak much else.

Does it have lots of pretty people to shag? That's what sells FE, not your "good maps" guff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 10:09

You can develop relationships between the characters, but Ike is your main character so it's not the same as implanting oneself on Byleth, Ronin or Corrin innit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 10:22

That's what I was think as well Buska more than anything else, they'll some how add in ways to partner up all the characters and take them out for cream tea.

Maybe even combine Radiant Dawn, and just have the story as one big remake even though the rumour for the longest time was a Genealogy of the Holy War remake.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 20:32

Can't wait for the gender-swapped Ike option.

...of course the Internet has pictures, I don't even know why I looked. Fewer than I expected though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:04

masofdas wrote:
even though the rumour for the longest time was a Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

...which considering how much they were showing off Sigurd as a main dude in the new FE trailer, I'd put money on that rumour coming true.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:23

Or got mixed somewhere along the way.

I didn't see Harvest Moon Story of Season: A Wonderful Life to be a game coming back, and I want due to playing it on the Cube.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Sep 2022 - 20:16

I got wild nostalgia hearing the A Wonderful Life music in the trailer, even though I never really got into it on the Gamecube!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 21:04

Actually even though we didn't get the remaster I wanted, or indeed any remaster anybody wanted apart from Magolor's rabid Japanese fanbase, that last Direct was pretty good for me on the 'games I've wanted to play for a while' coming to Switch. It Takes Two looks awful, granted, and my partner's now refusing to play it with me which rather puts the kibosh on that; Tunic made its long-awaited appearance; and Tales of Symphonia surprised me with how chibi-ish and blocky it looked. Sorry Rum, I promise I'll try to look past that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 14:24

She doesn't want to play because of how it looks on Switch or in general (then couldn't you play it on her PC)?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 20:12

In general. Unlike me she's very writing-first, and apparently she's heard not great things about that aspect.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 22:40

Ohh really, I would have thought the storytelling it's strongest aspect and won numerous awards.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 14:11

Balladeer wrote:
In general.  Unlike me she's very writing-first, and apparently she's heard not great things about that aspect.  

Oh, I totally disagree with whatever she's heard. I had a grand time with It Takes Two - the writing is certainly a bit twee at points, but it did make me laugh a fair bit thanks to the horrific book character and it does a great job of marrying up gameplay and storytelling. It deserves all its plaudits, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 16:26

Her issue is the entire theme of the game: she doesn't like the 'force yourself to make your marriage work' trope, which I can understand. Apparently she's not refusing, though, just reluctant.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 16:58

Balladeer wrote:
and Tales of Symphonia surprised me with how chibi-ish and blocky it looked.  Sorry Rum, I promise I'll try to look past that!

I have zero hope for this considering this reads as "the game I've never played isn't as I imagined it in my memory which I am displeased about"! Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 17:00

It's probably more, "the game I've never played looks worse than the two other games I've played in its series which I am displeased about". Razz But who knows, maybe the looks will grow on me!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 23:51

Balladeer wrote:
Her issue is the entire theme of the game: she doesn't like the 'force yourself to make your marriage work' trope, which I can understand.  Apparently she's not refusing, though, just reluctant.

I've had the game myself for a while and haven't even tried to pitch it to my partner yet for the same reason, feels a bit weird to suggest it (also she'd lose interest and then I'd be annoyed it's unfinished).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 10:23

Everything I heard about It Takes Two was that the game is great but the story is a load of shit, Jay is literally the first person I've heard with anything positive to say (besides the book, who is apparently very funny).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 13:10

I wouldn't say the story was amazing or anything by any stretch - at its core it's a marriage counselling story you'll have seen in a movie or TV show in some shape or form - but I really enjoyed how the different story elements were represented in the gameplay. Whilst the subject matter is perhaps a bit clichéd, the way the story is told is a great example of storytelling in games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?   Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Swishlist - What Are You Still Hoping For On Switch?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3