We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hades

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Muss
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 3:17

I've made eight runs so far, and I particularly like Aegis but I'm experimenting with the sword and spear a little as well. I've not made loads of progress- I beat Meg for the first time on my last run - but I'm mostly experimenting and figuring stuff out at the moment. It's a fun game for sure!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 13:57

That's good and you've got so much more game left to discover too. Even 60 hours in I'm still discovering fresh things. At first I was a big shield guy too and that might be the weapon that got me my first clear. I do still like the weapon but I've really grown into Sword recently. There isn't a dud in the set though so they're all good choices.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 14:24

I got to the second boss with the sword, so that's at least two I like.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 17:50

I wouldn't worry about what weapon you are using too much especially ones that might not be your preferred style, the bow is probably my favourite but it was actually my last one I got a clear with. If you want a wee tip try to pay more attention to your boons & play more patiently no matter which weapon you are using.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 19:33

So I've been absolutely smashing the shit out of this over the last few days. I'm up to 36 clears now and I'm currently on a 15 streak - I was on an 11 streak before a particularly poor run reared its ugly head. I'm still really enjoying this, as you'd expect by how much I've played it. Laughing

I'm really enjoying messing about with the hidden aspects of each weapon. I've just unlocked the hidden aspect of the Rail and it makes the weapon feel totally fresh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jan 2021 - 18:21

Am I going to have to get this game? It sounds like I'm going to have to get this game.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 6:46

I had a cracking night on this last night. I unlocked the second death defiance and the rail, and I'm now making it to Elysium every run. The first time, I just managed to drag myself in with minimal health and died pretty quickly. The second time, the
Spoiler:
killed me! In the dialogue with him I saw your boy
Spoiler:
get his first mention in the game which was exciting.

I've also faced two other
Spoiler:
now. I really like that even the stages one has already beaten can be mixed up in new ways for future runs.

Jimbob wrote:
Am I going to have to get this game? It sounds like I'm going to have to get this game.

Big time. Pretty comfortably the best new game of 2020.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 11:47

This was my game of 2020, even topping The Last of Us Part II (not that they are very comparable!)

I put 120+ hours in on Switch and only have one prophecy (duo boons) and a few cosmetics (mostly songs) left to unlock. Insanely good game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 11:52

Buskalilly wrote:

Big time. Pretty comfortably the best new game of 2020.

Yes mate! Elysium was my bottleneck for a good while and even now, with a fully upgraded Zag, it'll catch me out if I disrespect it.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 12:04

I also had a good session last night, first time playing on a TV 5got to the second boss

We will see with the votes soon and do think Hades will be number 1 Nintendo game and very good from what I have played but I did play better in 2020, most were sequels though which included arguably game of the generation.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:01

I reckon it'll chart highly in the votes, for sure.

I've reached a point where I feel I can take a bit of a break from the game as I've completed what I'd consider the epilogue now. I've still got a few prophecies left, which essentially function as the game's achievement system and some cosmetic items to buy from the House Contractor.

I really enjoyed going through each character's storyline and developing their relationship with Zagreus. I was quite surprised by how the game handled the romantic relationships as well - they were well written and felt rather genuine to boot.

From a gameplay standpoint, my weapon clear times are all around the 22 minute mark with my only sub 20 minute clear coming with the Twin Fist - Poseidon Dash and Twin Fists combo is so good - but I'd love to get other weapons below that time. My streak is still alive (think I'm at 33 or 34 now) but I had two dicey runs where my streak was at risk. One was where I was just playing like shit and had no Death Defiance left during Elysium. Thankfully, Patroclus saved that run, but I still had to buy another from Charon's Well and use Skelly's keepsake too.

The other was thanks to turning on Extreme Measures 4. The final boss does not mess around when Extreme Measures is turned on. I survived with 20HP left. Still, I'm excited to get my other weapons up to 10 Heat so I can try that fight again.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 16:03

I've only beaten extreme measures 4 once, did it on my second attempt then switched back to easier pacts Laughing

I always have extreme measures 3 on though, I genuinely think the third boss gets easier
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 15:27

What items does everyone use?

I like to buff my damage by taking the Pierced Butterfly as I can usually get through the first couple of floors without taking a hit (save the bosses).
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 15:27

What items does everyone use?

I like to buff my damage by taking the Pierced Butterfly as I can usually get through the first couple of floors without taking a hit (save the bosses).
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 16:32

I reckon that's second best after the item you get after beating the main story
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 19:08

It really depends on the type of run I'm doing but the one I've enjoyed the most is pairing the lambent plume with the Twin fists as once you have a half decent build going (with some Hermes boons) you can be pretty reckless in how you attack since your dodge chance/move speed increase helps you out so much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 9:58

This morning, I had my best run yet. I made it past the
Spoiler:
without using either of my death defiances. I beat
Spoiler:
but it cost me one. Luckily, I could buy a replacement before the final area. I stepped into the final boss with full health and one DD left, and got through the first health bar but died half way down the second. Escape is well within my sights at this point though.

After that, this will probably go on the frustratingly long list of games I've kinda finished but which I'd love to go back and play more of if only games didn't keep coming out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 18:54

Honestly, I think you'll stick with it even after you beat the last boss. I don't think you'll feel satisfied afterwards.

if you really want to know why, peek inside:

As for items, it honestly depends! When I was rushing towards the epilogue and maxing everyone's relationships, I would cycle between the different god boons. I like the Pomegranate item. The coin purse is good for the last zone as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 2:59

JayMoyles wrote:
Honestly, I think you'll stick with it even after you beat the last boss. I don't think you'll feel satisfied afterwards.

I have beaten the last boss. I don't plan to continue at this time.

Don't get me wrong; I think this is a fantastic game and I do hope to see more of it. I also think that was a nice kind of "Season One" ending. I also didn't click with the game in the way you say you did; dodging was never sure a thing, I can't read some of the enemies' very small movements and so on. The final boss was a brick wall for a while and I need a break - plus I have so many games to play despite having a demanding job, three podcasts, a social life and a deadly libido.

I'll come back to Hades, and I look forward to that day, but it will be in a post-Monster Hunter Rise future.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:31

It took me a fair while to get good although the game really clicked for me the whole way. I went back and tried a zero heat run with the sword a few weeks ago and I felt like an absolute God!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:44

I do get where Buska is coming from, I've not actually hit the credits yet but I'm happy to just pick away at this for months and months to come whenever I feel like a couple of runs.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 10:52

Yeah, even as someone for whom Hades really clicked it took me a while to reach those credits. Beating the finale the first time is a big moment and a suitable place to take some time off if you're feeling other things for sure. I went on a 5 or so win streak after winning but then started playing really sloppily because I started to feel a bit like I was grinding for the credits. Playing it in bursts has helped keep it fresh for me.

Last edited by Muss on Thu 21 Jan 2021 - 11:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 11:40

Aye, when I said Hades was my 'game of forever' I meant not only is it great as a game but I could quite easily play it forever. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 15:47

I guess I didn't feel done at that initial successful run due to how the game grabbed me and due to the nature of the story at that point. I'd have felt unsatisfied leaving it there.

Muss wrote:
I went on a 5 or so win streak after winning but then started playing really sloppily because I started to feel a bit like I was grinding for the credits.

Having said that, I did feel like I was grinding when going for the epilogue finale, which was only really a little bonus scene as opposed to any meaningful climax to the story. Probably kicked the arse out of it a bit, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 2:47

The_Jaster wrote:
I do get where Buska is coming from, I've not actually hit the credits yet but I'm happy to just pick away at this for months and months to come whenever I feel like a couple of runs.

This is about where I'm at, whereas before it was my main game that I was playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hades   Hades - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hades
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next