We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)

Go down 
+19
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
beemoh
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Silver light
wenywoowoo
Balladeer
Kezz182
Crumpy Andy
Marzy
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 16:53

I've seen blue something from kill bill but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:07

I've finished two worlds on this so far (only first is 100%) & it really is excellent, good to see its packed full content & things to unlock.

If you love platformers I've got 3 words: just buy it.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:11

What if I've become indifferent to platformers, and think the genre has become exhausted?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:24

Then this should definitely reignite your enjoyment of them, if it doesn't then I don't what will.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 2:29

The_Jaster wrote:
I've finished two worlds on this so far (only first is 100%) & it really is excellent, good to see its packed full content & things to unlock.

If you love platformers I've got 3 words: just buy it.
Despite my whining, I ordered it from Amazon.
Game is winging its way.
That is the fourth Wii U game I've purchased in 1 week. Sick 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 10:30

I actually swore out loud when my GamePad went flat and I had to abandon play at midnight last night. First time I've ever been able to say that about Wii U, this game really is that good.

Dusty: The last two Rayman (Legends and Origins) games have taught me that everyone else (including Nintendo) has been slacking on the platformers front, big time. They're imaginative, odd, charming, impeccably designed and overall bloody good fun. Even I bothered to get a Platinum trophy on Origins Vita.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:28

Started today, it's so good. One of the best 2D platformers I've played for years.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 21:27

Did you play the original, mas?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 22:10

Yes on a Vita, but only briefly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 23:58

I'd call Legends the best platformer since Origins. I can't think of a platformer inbetween the two that matches their quality.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 0:55

Stu_the_great wrote:
I'd call Legends the best platformer since Origins. I can't think of a platformer inbetween the two that matches their quality.
The only one I can think of that gets close is DKCR, but Legends still tops that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 11:53

The_Jaster wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
The only one I can think of that gets close is DKCR, but Legends still tops that.
Believe it or not, but DKCR came out the year before (just in time for Christmas 2010), and it was sold out in a lot of places, I recall!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 16:59

Yeah looking on Wikipedia 2D platformers are still a rare breed especially of this quality.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 22:26

I completed this last night (bar the Origins levels) -- what a smashing platformer. I really like how each level has its own gameplay mechanic/theme (Though the lums under the sea world was a bit samey), and the Murphy levels were really entertaining at time.

It's also so gorgeous, with the dynamic lighting and 3D backgrounds making Origins seem so flat in comparison!

The invaded levels were a nice addition too, borrowing heavily from Mario Galaxy 2's comet challenges in particular (Dark Rayman serves the same purposes as Cosmic Mario clones did).

Was a bit disappointed with how it was structured, because it ends up hurting the last moments of the game. I was underwhelmed with how the credits sequence played out (I'll mention no detail to avoid spoiling it) and how you get to those credits, and the final Livid Dead world was cool but wasn't the challenge-filled world I was hoping for.

I'm a tad annoyed that you need 700 teensies to access the final, final world though, meaning you have to perfect the Origins levels too. Of which I've only attempted one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 23:08

So far I'm finding it easier than Origins, which seems to tally with what Matthew said in ONM's review. Either that, or the original made platforming ninjas of us all.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 1:18

My biggest challenge with this so far is negotiating the menus and sub-menus, like a bloody maze it is! Played the first five levels early, and I think it's going to breathe a bit of new life in to a genre which I've slowly become indifferent to. Pleasing stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 1:25

Are you running about the hub area to navigate the menus? I tend to use the shorcuts on the gamepad.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 1:29

I was, never looked at the Gamepad for these bits.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:58

Dusty Knackers wrote:
I was, never looked at the Gamepad for these bits.
It's miles easier to touch your way around the game than run. Especially when you unlock creatures and you want to warp to the Creatures painting to collect your daily Lums.

Anyone else had trouble accessing the challenges? The servers were down both yesterday and Saturday for me. Frustrating!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 23:10

Speaking of the GamePad, I was pretty impressed by how Ubisoft manage to make you look at it -- the sound effects used (particularly when leaderboards crop up) are great at grabbing your attention. More of this please.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 1:48

Did we all see how Gamespot think that the Wii U version is the worst out? Mainly because you have to control what's his name the fly guy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 1:59

shanks wrote:
Did we all see how Gamespot think that the Wii U version is the worst out? Mainly because you have to control what's his name the fly guy
Really? That's quite laughable I've seen footage of the 360 version and the fact you control rayman plus murfy at the same time slows everything down & looks clunky to switch between, those levels are meant to have a certain pace to them, god knows what the "as far as you can" murfy dungeons play like on there. (If they even have them)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 7:22

That is hilarious. I played the demo of the PS3 version and the murphy bits were dreadful. They are so slow and ridiculously easy as Rayman.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 7:49

Remind me: is Gamespot one of those "biased against the Wii U" sites?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 9:56

Looking at there review scores they like giving out the number 8 to everything, but some crazy ones 7.5 for need for speed, ZombiU a 4.5 I know i hate it and personally would say it's that but as it's such a marmite game I personally would get two people to review it or at least to play it as i know like jas really like it and it's slow-pace, clunky controls ads that as it adds to the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next