We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer predicts the Euros

Go down 
+7
masofdas
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

GNamer predicts the Euros Empty
PostSubject: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 13:32

Hello everybody,

Since we had a bit of interest, how about we see who is the real football savant among us by posting our Euro Cup preductions in this thread.

Here is a link to UEFA's Official Predictor website. This is the simple one that just has you rank where each country will finish in each group, before making your knockout predictions en route to the final. There is one that has you predict all the scores but that sounds a bit much right?

My Prediction is here

You have to make an account to share your predictions I think but it's all free and not too much hassle.

I'm also part of a fantasy league already via the Telegraph. I don't think there's as much interest in that around here, but if you want to make a team you can do so here and I can send you an invite to our league (or make a new GNamer league invite you to it if there is interest). Again, all free just requires a sign up. https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 13:49

Here is my HIGHLY RESEARCHED and INFORMED prediction

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/main/view/5UcE9tWWGi?ts=1623070117
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:34

Wouldn't except anything less from the Crumpy one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 15:19

Here's mine. We all know the winner, but what a journey.

Also, I hadn't properly looked at the groups yet. Mate! Group F is tasty!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 17:29

Here's my very safe, very predictable guessing: https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/main/view/1H9Ncv0FcY?ts=1623083144

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 19:18

Cappa predicts the Euros (with stunning foresight and amazing accuracy):

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/main/view/1v9Ogpvmon?ts=1623089823
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 19:41

Buskalilly wrote:
Here's mine. We all know the winner, but what a journey.

Also, I hadn't properly looked at the groups yet. Mate! Group F is tasty!

Scotland beating Belgium, France, and Spain, only to lose to England Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 20:11

Easy
https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/main/view/1Bp6AfXrvc?ts=1623093087
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 20:20

It's obvious really

GNamer predicts the Euros Bracke10

Seriously though...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 2:10

gjones wrote:
Scotland beating Belgium, France, and Spain, only to lose to England Laughing

Believe!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 18:17

Buskalilly wrote:
Mate! Group F is tasty!

It's going to be fascinating to watch. I hope the football isn't too defensive and it will be interesting to see how the teams approach it. A win would be very valuable but potentially that group could turn into draws between all the big teams and then each of them roflstomping the Hungarians. 5 points would surely be enough to qualify as a third placed team, whereas 3 probably won't do it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 19:47

In Buskalilly’s tournament Scotland actually have to forfeit the final because all their squad suffer perforated eardrums, after the attending England fans boo Raheem Sterling for taking the knee.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 21:54

Having drifted away from international football since the World Cup, I assume everyone's as good as they were 3 years ago.
The actual winner is somehow Paris St. Germain
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 3:29

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
In Buskalilly’s tournament Scotland actually have to forfeit the final because all their squad suffer perforated eardrums, after the attending England fans boo Raheem Sterling for taking the knee.

Stop reminding me that I hate England when I'm trying to support England's football team!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 10:56

The Euros kick off tomorrow. If anyone else wants to make a prediction, fire one over today.

I'll keep track of the predictions in a spreadsheet and update the thread.

I'm thinking this'll be the scoring system:

Group Stages - 1 point per correct finishing position

Third places - 1 point per correct qualifying third place team.

Playoffs - 1 point if a team you picked to win progresses to the next stage AND 1 point if you predicted the correct matchup.

Could increase the points for later rounds but this system seems simple enough and rewards getting the most predictions correct.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 11:44

Intriguing

Also had little flutter on Portugal, Germany EW and Golden Boot winner in Lukaku and Mbappe also EW.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 13:27

I have a feeling Belgium will underachieve. They've got great players but not convinced they play well as a team. If I was a betting man I would go for someone like Ronaldo as golden boot winner because he's a focal point of his team's attack and also takes all their set pieces.

I'm not convinced by England this year. We have got class players all over the field for sure, but Southgate bringing Henderson when he has not played since February is outrageous. I don't really know why Ings or Ward-Prowse missed the cut. If Harry Kane gets hurt, then we could really use a natural finisher like Ings, and Ward-Prowse has had a good year, fits Southgates's system, and is in form.

It's just ridiculous, we do this every tournament. Take unfit or injured players when we actually have healthy players ready to go. Unless you're absolutely essential to a team, it's madness to think they'll suddenly gain sharpness at a major international competition. It's nice that England play a pressing style of football these days but when it comes to selection it's still reputation > form.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 13:35

Belgium has a decent group and can see Lukaku battering poor Finland.

Yeah, I can't see us doing much if win the group which I think we will, we then get 2nd from Group F in last 16 which likely will be Portugal or Germany.

Odd to say, coming 2nd in group might be the best option.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 15:33

Belgium will definitely get out of their group but I don't know how much further they go. Their path puts them against Italy and the eventual Group F winner so that's two tough games they have to win.

Lukaku should be worth a few goals but I expect a lot of teams will park the bus against Belgium and hit them on the break so I feel like it'll be set pieces that are more important for them.

Yeah the knockout system is weird. I assumed winner of our group would play a third placed team but nope. Winners of other groups do though. Sort your maths out UEFA DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 15:38

I believe it's something to do with some nations having home games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 20:32

Can we all agree that letting the 3rd place team out of a group 4 of qualify for the next round is a terrible thing?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 23:13

Jimbob wrote:
Can we all agree that letting the 3rd place team out of a group 4 of qualify for the next round is a terrible thing?

I'll let you know if I agree at quarter to ten on Tuesday 22nd  Thumbs Up!

~

The last time that Scotland's mens team played in a major tournament I was 9 years old, just starting Primary 6 and watched the opening game with the whole of the 'senior phase' of the school in the assembly hall on a TV that was wheeled in on a trolley. It's been mostly shite from Scotland since then, making us suffer through the likes of the Berti Vogts era, Craig Levein's 4-6-0 tactics and that time we needed a 97th minute winner against Lichtenstein at home. But even with all that, it's been far too long since we've been part of a Euros or World Cup.

I'm sensing a real nervous excitement from everybody up here ahead of tomorrow's match against the Czech Republic. Everybody's up for it, everybody's shiteing it but enjoying it at the same time. Tomorrow is massive.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 7:58

After expecting England to bottle it, I'm glad we won the first game for once. That Holland game though, what a fun evening that was! While the Eriksen incident was awful (glad he's doing ok) it's been an entertaining first few evenings. Seeing the Finnish and Danish chanting in unison, the other players showing their feelings for Eriksen, and that clip of a Dutch fan shaking the hand of a Ukrainians after Yarmolenko's belter Laughing I really hope Scotland do well; as fun/hard as it is to watch England in a tournament, having Wales and Scotland there always makes it more fun. I remember Euro 96, I was 9 as well and still remember writing scores and collecting the stickers.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:38

The usual. It felt like every marginal moment went against Scotland, but the only major thing to separate the two sides was the execution. Scotland badly paid the price for their lack of a cutting edge. I thought a few players were well off it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:54

Hartson made a good point about team selection as well, as the players who did come on in the last ten minutes or so looked more up for it than anyone else. If we play like that again versus England or Croatia we will get pumped 5 or 6 nil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer predicts the Euros   GNamer predicts the Euros Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer predicts the Euros
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next