We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??

Go down 
+2
Balladeer
Laxberry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxberry
Magikarp

Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 17:55

I was feeling a wave of nostalgia and I was re-reading my NGamer magazines from a decade ago which I got from the bookstores in the US. I lost a lot of mine though, and I realized I misplaced those awesome DVD's that used to come with them (NGTV). Does anyone have a stack of NGamer's and their DVD's to sell? Also, apologies if this forum isn't even related to NGamer and nobody knows what I'm even talking about
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:26

Hi Laxberry: it is indeed! Long story short, this is the spiritual successor to the NGamer Forum that was a companion piece to the magazines, hence the name. I don't have those DVDs, but any fan of NGamer is welcome here. Wave
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Laxberry
Magikarp

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 21:55

Balladeer wrote:
Hi Laxberry: it is indeed!  Long story short, this is the spiritual successor to the NGamer Forum that was a companion piece to the magazines, hence the name.  I don't have those DVDs, but any fan of NGamer is welcome here. Wave

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that what I thought was a relatively obscure gaming magazine that ended 9 years ago still has an active forum to this day.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 22:22

Laxberry wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Hi Laxberry: it is indeed!  Long story short, this is the spiritual successor to the NGamer Forum that was a companion piece to the magazines, hence the name.  I don't have those DVDs, but any fan of NGamer is welcome here. Wave

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that what I thought was a relatively obscure gaming magazine that ended 9 years ago still has an active forum to this day.

I stumbled across it in 2015. You'll find lots of nods to NGamer and its family of magazines across the forum, along with its passion for Nintendo, natch. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 22:34

Obscure, but with a very dedicated fanbase. Some of us go back even further: I began with issue 1 of N64 Magazine. I don't think I understood half the words in it...

If you do fancy sticking around, we have an 'introduce yourself' thread here and a 'let us get to know you by answering questions' thread here!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 2:15

Laxberry wrote:
Does anyone have a stack of NGamer's and their DVD's to sell?

I don't know if any of us have issues we'd be willing to part with (mine are sealed up in my parents garage waiting for me to collect them) but we've definitely located scans and enjoyed reading and discussing those.

Magazine chat (and links) here.

Some DVD discussion here.

Pre-NGamer but still potentially interesting.

Also, if you're not aware, Matthew Castle has a podcast right now which is well worth a listen for NGamer enthusiasts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 22:55

Out-of-Print Archive has several scans of old NGamer Magazines: https://www.outofprintarchive.com/catalogue/preliminaryreleases.html

Somebody uploaded a full NGTV DVD onto YouTube too:

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:44

Ah, excellent, I'm going to watch the Virtual Console bit later! Maybe not "Best of Wii websites" - at the start of the Wii, there was just loads of nonsense like that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 22:00

Some really good material in this thread! A much better 'new GNamer fan' post from Buska than any of mine, and some top NGamer excavation work from Cappa. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??   Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this forumm based on the NGamer British magazines??
Page 1 of 1