We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year

Go down 
+8
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
gjones
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 19:15

Maybe you've already seen all the praise this has been getting, and I can't disagree. I thought this was a really good redebut. It’s well judged between being nostalgic and tonally appropriate to the Gamesmaster show of old, all while having a modern identity of its own.

Bringing in the presentation, the presenters, the structure, the content and the flow, I thought this was a spot-on revamp.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 9:45

Can I watch the whole thing on youtube? Nice, will do that with my dinner one day this week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 16:37

Ooh, thanks for bringing this to my attention Cappa! Will get on it this week too.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 16:58

It's genuinely good, Trevor McDonald was an inspired choice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 19:29

That lingering shot of Sam Tuff's dad Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Nov 2021 - 21:31

That was funny, hard to watch but funny. I also like the lame death screams from the players that are dropped into the abyss.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 8:27

Aye, all three episodes are going up on YouTube before they’re on TV or All 4. It’s going to be quite a short and sweet run for Gamesmaster this series. I think the positive critical and social media response and the solid opening-day viewing figures have surely kickstarted some conversations behind the scenes about more Gamesmaster programmes being put into production.

Most importantly though: I want to know what Buskalilly is having for his forty-five minute dinner.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 14:20

I really enjoyed that first episode! Seemed to match the tone of the original series in its set design and through the hosting from Rab Florence. He gets bonus points for calling Little Lad Larry (who was a great wee character) the Excellence of Execution too. Trevor McDonald as the Gamesmaster is an inspired choice as well.

Highlight of the episode for me was the Grado bit. Liked his and Rab's banter. Also, I'm not unconvinced that Cappa didn't have a hand in the production of this when Cruisin' Blast turned up. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 18:57

Nothing to do with me: Helensburgh is just a poor man's Prestwick. That sugar boat has absolutely fuck all on Bruce's Well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Nov 2021 - 1:56

As someone who receives a postcard from Bruce's Well about once a week, can confirm.

I really enjoyed that! Like any attempt at a TV-style show on games, it struggles because the internet provides the same content at a much faster pace.
The ammount of Switch content spoke volumes about the current state of the mainstream games scene. Very happy to see Mario and Splatoon in centre stage!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 13:04

There can be A LOT of shit to sift through online though & not everything has a top notch production value like this GamesMaster episode did.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 14:32

Anyone watched the second episode yet?

I thoroughly enjoyed it once again! The bit with women's video game armour and Kojima's infamous "regret your words and deeds" was brilliant. I've liked the range of guests on the show as well - it's showing that games are for everyone these days, not just for sweats like us.

I do hope this gets renewed for another run of episodes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 15:08

I'm watching it now, more good fun.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 7:09

I kept going with this through to the third episode, by the way. Even though I don't know any of the so-called celebrities in the UK any more, I liked it well enough. I would still rather live in the universe where Bitsocket's TV pilot was picked up.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Dec 2021 - 18:51

Same and I enjoyed it, hoping for a lot more to come, it definitely feels like a 90s TV show but in all the right ways.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year   GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GamesMaster To Reboot On E4 Later This Year
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2