We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Kriken
Muss
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Balladeer
neil
masofdas
Rum
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 16:02

Fave newbies:

• Wattrel & Kilowattrel - Partly because I saw storm petrels when I went to Shetland last year so it was fun to see a storm petrel Pokemon, but also because of the typing. An option that isn't Zapdos or Oricorio!
  • Skeledirge - I didn't like him much at first, but the more I used him the more I got attached to my singing death crocodile. Also, the best of the three starter final evos.
  • Clodsire - What a cutie.
  • Bellibolt - What a cutie!
  • Toedscool - Its running animation is brilliant, and I like the convergent evolution idea.
  • Glimmora - A total babe from my Scarlet team. It's cute with all of its flappy bits out and I like its ability.
  • Mabosstiff - Is this because of Arven's one? Maybe. It's cute, I would pat it.

Least favourite newbies:
  • Meowscarada - Stop making weird humanoid Pokemon that weirdos on the internet will want to smooch.
  • Quaquaval - Creepy.
  • Tinkaton - Genuinely surprised at how much love this line got. I think they all look honking.
  • Grafaiai - This is a shame because I think Shroodle is cute. Grafaiai looks bum.

There are a fair few I'm non-plussed about but those are some top bananas.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 21:11

My top/bot picks are

poks:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 13:10

I was fortunate enough to get this as a gift for Christmas and I'm having a great time with it so far. I'll put up longer thoughts in the review thread once I've finished it - which isn't far off as I've just got the last bit of each of the three questlines to do along with the finale - but what I'll say for now is that this is easily my favourite mainline Pokémon game since B/W.

They've taken the world design from Arceus and implemented more of a reason to explore alongside much needed trainer battles and activities to do, so that's a win in my book. I've spent ages just wandering about, catching critters and filling up my Pokédex. I think they've nailed the formula in that regard - I'd like to have seen the ability to catch Pokémon outside of battling retained from Arceus, but it's not a dealbreaker. I think the freedom the game offers you is great on a whole, but there's been a couple of areas where I've ended up either struggling more than I should have or had the reverse in which I steamrolled everything. Not sure how they'd sort that as I don't think it's as sample as adding scaled encounters.

I will say it's a real shame the game performs as it does. I feel the performance holds the game back from really shining brightly in my eyes - I can stomach some dodgy textures and stuff like character models in the background running at a lower framerate, but some of the areas in the game really ran like arse. The big lake in particular was utterly miserable and I dreaded trying to catch Pokémon in that area as the slowdown made the battles so frustrating to get through. The pop-in has been annoying too as I've found myself all too often crashing into Pokémon that materialise two feet in front of me as I'm travelling along.

Still, I've having a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing how the finale of the game unfurls.

Here's my team:

The gang:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 21:25

Rum wrote:
Skeledirge - I didn't like him much at first, but the more I used him the more I got attached to my singing death crocodile. Also, the best of the three starter final evos.
Tinkaton - Genuinely surprised at how much love this line got. I think they all look honking.

Quite sad I didn't spend as much time with my Skeledirge as I should've.  I dumped it for JayMoyles Ceruledge as soon as it evolved because I thought it was kind of ugly, but the more I think about it (the soul bird on its nose, the fact that it's an actually quadrupedal starter) the more I appreciate it.  I still like the grass cat more though, and I never wanted to kiss it.

The second point really marks you out as somebody who hasn't experienced the joys of Gigaton Hammer Kills Everything.  Also she's based off Spanish blacksmith goblins, I'm here for her. (The rest of the line are bad though.)

Muss wrote:
Toedscool is great too...
Ting Lu - It's got a stupid head

I had a Toedescruel all the way through.  It wasn't the best Pokémon but it made me laugh.  Ting-Lu looks horribly unbalanced and is just a big beefy cow, definitely the worst of the legendaries.

JayMoyles wrote:
Tinkaton - Big hammer, big love.

YES

JayMoyles wrote:
Ceruledge - This Pokémon was made for me.

YESSSSSSSSSS

Do you have a theme to your nicknames Jay?  On the whole I think you're being kind to the game, but you know that already.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 23:10

Jay and Balla totally want to kiss Meowscarada.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 15:46

Balladeer wrote:
Do you have a theme to your nicknames Jay?  On the whole I think you're being kind to the game, but you know that already.

They're Street Fighter characters! I tried to theme them, like electric lad being named Blanka, tall bipedal scary lad being named Sagat and so on. Some of them didn't really fit though.

And I'm really fond of this game, actually. I'd rate it very highly - probably top 3 in the series for me. I just finished the big endgame bit and thought it might just be the best finale Pokémon has ever put together. I'll put some more thoughts in the last game we finished thread over the weekend, but aye, performance issues aside, big thumbs up to this game.

Rum wrote:
Jay and Balla totally want to kiss Meowscarada.

You would too if you saw how good Flower Trick is - guaranteed critical hit = destruction of anything that's weak to Grass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 16:36

I also finished this last night and I have to echo Jay's thoughts, one of the best Pokémon games yet and the ending nailed it too. It was a funny one for me, when I first started it I was just wondering about catching everything and thinking the story would take a backseat but after the 2nd part of Arven's story I wanted to see where it went (and to save his good doggo) so I pretty much barreled through from there. The team star stuff was really good too, the Pokémon League stuff less so but it was by no means boring and the trials helped keep it interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 19:28

The endgame is tremendous, not denying that at all.  It's just the bits before that I was disappointed with.  Anyway we all know that Smurf only likes the game because he wants to have sex with the nurse.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 23:59

I'm all about the History Teacher now, I've got a bone for her to uncover.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2023 - 10:52

I was all about the history teacher and the PE one who had to learn to make sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 21:57

Do you have top monster picks Buska, or do you love them all equally?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2023 - 11:20

Listen to Luke Loves Pokémon on apple podcasts, spotify, youtube or wherever you like to get your pods to hear my thoughts in detail about all the new monsters in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet!

If I have a favourite right now, I think I'd say Espathra. It looks unique, unusual but still like a living animal, seems like it would be a cool animal companion, powerful but oddly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 16:56

Buskalilly wrote:
powerful but oddly beautiful.

Like me!

I think Espathra looks a bit like Lady Gaga.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2023 - 11:58

Rum wrote:
Lady Gaga.
Buskalilly wrote:
powerful but oddly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2023 - 11:36

I don't like the 'but'. Why are you afraid of powerful AND oddly beautiful people like me and Lady Gaga?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2023 - 23:45

That's a typo, Powerful Butt Oddly Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 7:43

Rum wrote:
I don't like the 'but'. Why are you afraid of powerful AND oddly beautiful people like me and Lady Gaga?

You intimidate me sexually. I want Espathra to step on my balls. See also; Lady Gaga, Rum.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptySun 29 Jan 2023 - 19:28

I appreciate your honesty xxx
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 15:38

The DLC has been announced for Fall & Winter 2023 as two parts. I've never played the DLC for S&S, that I can't really compare them, just from the trailer these both look interesting enough. Though for me will be cost, what else out around the time and length of the content.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 22:43

The DLC for Sword and Shield was possibly the best part of the game, although they felt a lot closer to what Scarlet and Violet already are so I'm not sure where they'll go with this. Nice to have anyway and I'd say in terms of how much content there'll be then it should be worth the cost.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 23:30

I'm alot more tempted with the doc for this than sword/shield because I fundamentally love Scarlet/Violets core mechanics more. Would like to see more details first before I preorder but let's be honest, I'll be back into it in a week 😅
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 6:49

I echo Smurf's sentiment that Sword and Shield's DLC was great. My only issue with it though was how it divided up content that might have been better to have all at once, so I was kind of hoping for one big DLC instead of two stories.

We don't have much to go on yet, but the Japanese Summer Festival vibe of the first one is very appealing, and I'm excited to have dress-up options that aren't a school uniform.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 11:29

Feel like EofGiz, going to be nah £31.49 too much then bam I'm playing it instead of Spider-Man 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2023 - 17:56

The DLC for SwSh was my least favourite part of the game, and I preferred SwSh. Walking Wake does look pretty swish though. I wonder, given that the original drawing was meant to represent a fusion of the legendary beasts/swords, whether they'll bring out the other two of each and have some sort of Kyurem-alike merging mechanic? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2023 - 7:00

None of the illustrations are very accurate to the actual monsters, so i wouldn't place any bets.
Cool theory going around online with one of the new Legendaries though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!   Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - The game is out but let's be careful with them spoilers!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next