We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Self-Imposed Challenges

Go down 
+6
masofdas
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Self-Imposed Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 20:59

The GNamer Nuzlocke Challenge got me thinking. Those times when, to spice things up, you've given yourself another challenge with a game. Like, er, the time I decided to beat Super Mario Bros. without using a warp pipe?

Surely you have better examples than that!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 22:27

Completing dragon quest 9 with a team of 4 warriors proved relatively easy until late game, those darn dragons think they're so cool... DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 15:03

When I was in primary school, I tried to beat Pokémon Blue without evolving any Pokémon. Got my arse handed to me, then got bored of trying and evolved them all. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 17:01

Well, I used to play Smash Bros Melee quite a bit about 5 or 6 years ago, I was much better than my friends at it, so when playing with them I would always pick Jigglypuff. Problem is then I got really good with Jigglypuff (Sleep attacking people was a slap in the face). Im glad Brawl made it easier for those who aren't quite as good at the game, its allot more fun for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 17:34

Aha, this reminds me: playing SSBM against three level 9s (all against all - I'm not that good at it!), closing my eyes before the match starts, and not being allowed to open them until I've identified all four competitors and the stage.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 11:29

i beat skayward sword with only a a basic sheild and my 2nd play i have no sheild
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 12:44

Phillips wrote:
When I was in primary school, I tried to beat Pokémon Blue without evolving any Pokémon. Got my arse handed to me, then got bored of trying and evolved them all. Ah well.

Ooh! That's my favourite Pokémon challenge. Grin

I usually challenge myself to speed runs, assuming the game is short enough. Game Boy games such as Super Mario Land and Kirby's Dream Land have seen decades of replayability because of this.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 18:03

I once had a go at being SMB on Wii virtual console using the donkey Konga bongos by tapping down right on the d pad. And playing Resi 4 in nurse mode.
I should explain. Me and my mates invented nurse mode on trauma centre for Wii, with one person holding the remote and ordering the nurse to select tools on the nunchuk. We then took this and applied it to other Wii games, where it made less sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013 - 12:44

Lapping all the CPU karts on 150cc Rainbow Road on Super Mario Kart (NTSC) is my speciality challenge Smile

Also, try finishing any 150cc cup as a small version of your chosen kart (Y&A cheat) - Fast accelerators make this easier as you're quicker to get up to speed if you get squidged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013 - 18:36

I completed Little Inferno without burning any of the items your neighbour sends you.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013 - 19:20

Axis1500 wrote:
I completed Little Inferno without burning any of the items your neighbour sends you.

I did that! Not to challenge myself but because I was so sure they'd end up being important.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Imposed Challenges   Self-Imposed Challenges Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Imposed Challenges
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: