We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 1:30

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. I just finished the former, which was a smashing entry in the series, and am sort of enjoying the latter. The Metroid-esque exploration elements have taken a backseat in favour of co-op combat and more story. Hm... (still more fun than Order of Ecclesia's cheapo bosses though).

On a related note, I never got on with Mirror of Fate. It looked amazing, but other than that it wasn't what I wanted from a 2D Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 20:44

I'm still busy with Mega Man 2. I've managed to spend over ten hours on it in a week! That's the first time I've ever dedicated so much time to a Virtual Console game. Top-notch stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 2:38

Monster Hunter 4. It's incredibly polished for a third party game (even the menus are intelligently set in 3D space) and is a genuine improvement over past games, though is all too familiar and slow to begin with.

Plays surprisingly well without the Circle Pad Pro, too, virtual D-Pad is pretty much perfect for camera rotation left/right, but iffy with up/down (especially now that it no longer moves in steps, like it used to).

If anyone else has picked this up for their Japanese 3DS let me know -- we could hunt together online and stuff!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 3:39

I'm thinking about getting MH4 to give it a go
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 4:53

I need a Japanese 3ds......anyone got a spare £150 laying about? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 23:15

Ghost Trick, on the recommendation of just about everyone. I've barely started but from what I've played, this feels like an all-time favourite just waiting to happen.
The_Jaster wrote:
I need a Japanese 3ds......anyone got a spare £150 laying about? Winky Face
If I did, I'd put it towards a sexy Pokemon 3DS XL.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013 - 7:39

It's still Dream Team Bros., where I have made it to Dozing Sands. However, I now have Pinball: Revenge Of The Gator. I'll get used to the table eventually...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:04

Scribblenauts Unmasked at the moment
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:31

I'm skipping between Project X Zone, New Leaf, Harvest Moon 3D and Mega Man 2 at the moment. If I concentrated on one game at a time, I'd probably get through a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:32

shanks wrote:
Scribblenauts Unmasked at the moment
Europe gets Scribblenauts Unlimited in three months.

(Although I got it on PC for £3.74).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:41

Oh well, that's fine then. What were we even complaining about? Rolling Eyes 

I'm about to start my minty-fresh copy of Apollo Justice. Mmm... I can smell the law.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:44

It's nowhere near as good as the three games that spawned it, but it's not a bad game by any means. The last case never ends, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:47

So Andyman and Shanks have told me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:49

I actually consulted a guide to get the last case out of the way, but the other cases are better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 22:16

...okay, I'm currently chasing down a 15-year-old girl's underwear. Oh Japan. Sulk 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 22:21

I remember there being some cheap yet amusing laughs in that case. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2013 - 8:00

Whatever you think of Apollo Justice's last case, it's got nothing on the final one in Ace Attorney Investigations. Brrr.

For some reason I've gotten back into Theatrhythm in a big way. My current project is to unlock Ultimate on all the individual songs. That's when I'm not playing SteamWorld Dig, that is, which is cute but has yet to ignite for me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2013 - 10:32

Theatrhythm is ace, isn't it? I got hooked on the Chaos Shrine's Dark Note songs last time I played. Excited for Curtain Call?
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2013 - 23:31

I started playing:

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 XNq26ZQ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 10:55

Is the 3DS version any good?
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 11:27

My first impressions will be properly published soon (can't do the proper review for a while), but the controls for the game are amazing. I thought the previous Sonic games were good, but I think they've really nailed it this time.

In previous games, you're essentially running forwards and turning. In this, you can run around in circles, do right angle and 180 degree turns with ease. You can really feel the freedom of movement.

The special stages are the worst in Sonic history, though. You have to stand up with plenty of space around you, then spin around and tilt up and down to control Sonic in a 3D space (think of Face Raiders in terms of how you have to move).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 15:10

Is Sonic as slippery as he was in Colours? Don't get me wrong, I loved Colours, but he was difficult to turn at speed in 3D and his double jump in 2D was almost useless.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 15:45

Turning at speed is very responsive. You can navigate narrow 90 degree turns with ease.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 15:47

I'm glad they've tightened that up. They were the two things keeping Colours from true greatness, in my opinion. I look forward to checking your first impressions out when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013 - 16:02

Stu_the_great wrote:
Theatrhythm is ace, isn't it? I got hooked on the Chaos Shrine's Dark Note songs last time I played. Excited for Curtain Call?
In order: yes. Some of the actions are a bit sensitive to me but it's certainly my favourite rhythm game. That the music is so good probably helps.

Yeah, I had a period of being deeply into the Chaos Shrine, but when I learned that there were theoretically millions of Dark Notes the appeal waned. I've beaten just shy of 60 at the moment.

As for Curtain Call, well... I'm struggling to see what else they can do with the idea, now (presumably) the best choons have already been used.

~~~

As it happens, I'm trying to pick up Dream Team Bros. again. I want to finish that before I start Inazuma Eleven 3 (though all will bow before the might of the imminent Pokémon X).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next