We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 16:25

Yeah, I agree. It's not like a conventional boxing game like the Fight Night games on Xbox or even Wii Sports boxing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 22:01

Thanks to the seven non-me people who have voted so far, stretching my Excel spreadsheet to breaking point. Fun fact: the RPG week is the only week so far where there have been more people voting than games voted for. For a given value of "fun". (The racing week had equal numbers.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 1:03

I will send out my votes in the next day or two.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 8:27

Aaarrrgh. Had I known Resident Evil 4 was in the shooters (somehow picked up that it was going in adventure games) and remembered that I'd played Sin & Punishment 2, my vote would have doubled in size! Duh!

Sports, is it? I'll see what I can do...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 19:27

My votes will appear on Saturday, hopefully. I have four candidates so far.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 23:17

Quite surprisingly, I found eight games that fit the sports and minigames category in my collection (or previously in it). Granted, three of them were football games and two were Wii Sports and Resort, but still...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 0:27

I struggled to narrow it down to a top ten, let alone a top five. I had to leave out some absolute belters. Hardest category yet, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 10:11

For me I'm jus struggling to remember what there is. Without the comfort of my collection I'll have to go with my half filled backloggery and I'm worried I'll forget an absolute belter.
Really should update my backloggery...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 12:08

I've done a search on Metacritic a couple of times, to make sure that I hadn't forgotten anything.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 12:19

For three of the four categories thus far, I've simply had to look at my collection. I have no idea how, but I've wound up with over ninety Wii games.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 18:29

Phillips wrote:
For three of the four categories thus far, I've simply had to look at my collection. I have no idea how, but I've wound up with over ninety Wii games.

I was amazed to discover that I have over fifty of the things, but goodness me!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 19:00

Stu_the_great wrote:
Phillips wrote:

I was amazed to discover that I have over fifty of the things, but goodness me!

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 DSC_0308_zpsbd78caad

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 DSC_0307_zpsdc2198b1

Plus a few more I've bought since that photo was taken a month ago, like Sonic & The Secret Rings and Rockstar Table Tennis.

EDIT: I've also got a handful out of those shots and a few unboxed games, like Red Steel 2 and the legendary Cooking Mama. If it's not exactly ninety, it's close.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 22:01

Blimey, this really is a tough category. Going to have to do some shelf checking like Phillips (and if it's possible a flick through old NGamer issues) to jog my memory.

Thing is, I (Criminally) haven't played enough of this genre on Wii to be able to make the best of decisions but it *is* a combined vote so I might as well!

(and yes, I still need to play Let's Tap...)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:55

Here's a bit of a controversial question, is Red Steel 2 a shooter? I mean you have a gun, but it's very much a swordplay game, I'd be more tempted to put it in adveture.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:58

I got votes for RS2 in the shooters week, and given the original game, I did indeed count it as a shooter.

Two days to go, ish. The total number of games voted for goes up every week.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 11:01

Yeah, I've only just gotten around to playing it and I just wondered, it's a fantastic game but it's just not a shooter so I still wouldn't have rated it as a shooter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 11:09

If only you'd played it a week earlier... Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 11:11

I intended to but Fire Emblem distracted me, curse you Ike Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 19:20

One day to go! At least two people who have said they'd vote haven't...

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Tick-tock-clock
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 20:02

Mine are in! It's taken me ages to put them into an order I'm satisfied with.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 22:48

That was my main problem too, as well as picking my favourite from each series I'd chosen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 17:58

Voting over for week 4!

Another 13 votes this week. Thanks to everyone who voted! Without further ado:

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Third place:
Spoiler:

Second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Thanks again to all our voters! And thanks to all those who sent dishonourable mentions: I had a good laugh at some of them. Laughing Discuss, complain, and vote in Week 5! The genre is beat-em-ups and fighting games, and deadline is 6 p.m. 14th April. Punch Out! and wrestling games are in; Wii Sports boxing is out.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 11 May 2013 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:20

Who said Wii Sports was dull? You sad bastard.

Never got round to buying Mario Party 9, Strikers Charged received a dishonourable mention and WarioWare shall be receiving my vote in another category. No arguments about the top two though. Good work!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:23

Wait... What other category? Microgames definitely fall under minigames: they're just smaller!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:42

Wii Sports, fully deserving its win there. It exemplifies the early days of Wii for me. Whoever said it was dull needs looked at!

Fighting games... This may be a meagre week for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 8 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next