We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 10:16

Got ya! That's what I thought it'd be anyway.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 23:18

I've no idea how I keep forgetting about some games, Donkey Kong and Rayman (played it on PS3 but same thing) that I forgot this time.

@andyman A Shadow's Tale was in my first draft but Wario Land just edged past it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 0:33

I've got the Wii on just now, and have stuck on my #1 vote for this week's category for the first time in a couple of years. What a great game. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 7:52

Best possible response from this thread! Very Happy Next to someone being inspired to pick up an old classic for the first time, I suppose. buyS&P2today

Now for something a little less popular: arbitrations. WWSM is confirmed out. Sorry Phillips: it placed well in week 4, and hasn't received much support as a puzzler. Unless it receives a sudden wave in the last few days...

As for Bomberman Blast, I've never played it; but seeing as it hasn't received a single mention in votes so far, I'm tempted to give it a chance for glory as an "other". Anyone else played it, and like to weigh in?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 23:38

WarioWare: I've supported it, I've argued my case, so why shouldn't it be counted? I want it included. I didn't want an RPG section, but considered it in my original draft over on NGamer as I knew others would. This, to me, is the same thing.

It's plausible that people haven't voted for Bomberman as they think there are better games to choose from. I do. As I've argued, I don't get this 'Other' category you've plonked in - there is no such thing as a genreless game, and everything I can think of on Wii - Bonsai Barber aside - fits into my original thread idea.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 7:58

There are games that don't fit neatly into other categories though. "Other" is less for "genreless" games, as for those games that don't fit too well into any of the existing genre "buckets". I wouldn't say that Animal Crossing is a strategy game for example, but it definitely doesn't fit in anywhere else!

I'm happy to take the thread's collective opinion on WWSM, but if one person saying "I want it included" is a valid argument then Andyman should have been able to put the Monkey Balls in puzzle. Nah nah! And I can't say I get the comparison with an entire, popularly supported genre.

Ediit: I do have counterarguments to your claim, but I'm currently enjoying a wedding (not my own) and this is getting too serious anyway. If you really want WWSM in, I disagree with you, but I can do that. Drunken
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 11:24

My votes are in. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:34

I don't have any puzzle games to vote for actually. Maybe I will have a look at this weeks winners and try one out though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:46

Vidofnir wrote:
I don't have any puzzle games to vote for actually. Maybe I will have a look at this weeks winners and try one out though.

never got world of goo?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 17:38

The only people online either don't vote or have voted, so I reckon it's okay to post this. Puzzle week is over - 11 votes (12 if we count Vidofnir's abstention), despite the entry of a new voter into the ranks (thanks new voter! Now post some more please Nah nah! ); but it is a strange genre, where WiiWare rules supreme. Or does it?

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Third place:
Spoiler:

Second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions: (As with last week, games in bold were voted for by more than one person. Games in red were someone's first choice.)
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

And that's that! Week 8 is rhythm games, and presumably I don't need to tell people when the deadline is by now. A reminder: since Bit.Trip Runner failed to garner even a single vote as a platformer, it's back on the table as a rhythm game. Get those votes in!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 18:12

NOOOOOOOOOOO Hissy fit I forgot to do my Another Code R rant. What a wasted opportunity. At least it didn't rank.
Tetris was robbed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 18:18

I forgot to include Sam & Max Season One, despite the fact that I flicked through my collection before I chose my votes. Embarrassed

Great to see Boom Blox and Zack & Wiki get the attention they deserve.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 19:47

How did I forget about Zack and Wiki?! Ah well, it won nonetheless, so any extra votes I'd have given it would have made no difference anyway.

Rhythm games...hmm, this could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:08

There's only one possible winner for rhythm/music games, surely? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:09

Just Dance 2!

The sales figures don't lie, Stu. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:17

Nice top 5! It makes me want to seek out the likes of boom blox & kororinpa, rhythm/ music games is going to be tough to break down into a top 5 for me but that gives me the excuse to play some of them again over the next week. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:17

It was a best-seller after all!

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 VcAnC

Damn you Balla.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:21

That GIF made me chortle. Dead Rising? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:27

I believe so! Possibly the 2nd one. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:30

yup, that's Chuck so its the second one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 6:06

Huh. My sentbox says I forgot to vote - I could swear that I had. Embarrassed Sorry, everyone! A fine winner of puzzle week - one I expected but have not played.

Rhythm and music games is going to beat me. It's a genre I'm not fond of - having said that, there'll be more games voted for than there were in both racing and beat-'em-up week...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:21

And the puzzle week apparently Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:08

Last time:

Already explained why WarioWare is as much a puzzler as a minigame collection. Games are a lot more multifaceted, rich and sophisticated that you appear to appreciate, Balladeer. Simple classification is too neat, and games share the same core gameplay values across a variety of genres. This thread has underlined that each week so far.

True enough, there are types people instinctively recognise, and I don't think there should be too much to argue about this week. Irregardless of classifications, the point of this thread was to find games that we all think people should have in their collection. It doesn't matter if it's a puzzler-platformer or a puzzler-minigame collection at all; this thread was just a different way of looking at the best games on the system.

All down to perspective.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:35

All right, Phillips! It's a forum thread: there is no reason to use large font, or "last time"/"than you appear to appreciate", in a way that comes across (to me, anyway) as exasperated.

I read your explanation: I just heavily disagreed. I believe that I said elsewhere that I don't think reflexes and concentration are puzzle-defining. Regardless, your vote is in and recognised in the honourable mentions: you've made your point. I am allowed to have that final snipe, given that someone did exactly the same thing about Runner in week 6 and no one complained.

As for why I'm trying to pigeonhole games into genres, which I agree is not always clear-cut, the reason is simple: I'd rather have people vote for games on merit, than on a combination of merit and whether they think that game suits the genre. To use an obviously incorrect example, suppose SMG's votes were split between shooter and minigames. Either people can only vote for it once, in which case it wouldn't rank that highly in either, even though it definitely deserves a first place; or people can vote for it multiple times and it'd steal the ranks in both, pushing out other games that deserve a look-in, defeating the point of the thread as described by yourself! You may not like the system, which is fair enough: but I did ask you if you wanted to do this thread yourself, and given that you didn't, I don't think I'm doing gross disservice to your idea!

Given that you've picked up MaBoShi again, while others have said they'd try out new games (I need to look at ABahB myself), I'd say that the thread is fulfilling its desired function as well. We're also getting a nice set of rankings, which I personally like. Just so long as it doesn't cause frustration, because that would be silly, it's all good. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 7:33

My votes are in! As expected, there were more votes this week than in both the beat-'em-ups and racers week.

andyman949 wrote:
And the puzzle week apparently Winky Face
And the puzzle week, yes... thanks, andyman. Winky Face I had five votes and a dishonourable mention for that! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next