We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 15:17

ZeroJones wrote:
I'd also like to mention how into Severed I am - I am totally into Severed. Gruesome, quirky, brilliant aesthetic. Cool

Good man B)

Severed is great
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyFri 27 Jan 2017 - 22:15

Isn't it? I've really got into it these past few days and - so far - I'm happy to recommend it. Fab stuff.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:41

The_Jaster wrote:
treesmurf wrote:
Had a bash at Splatoon the other day too, it was the first time I played the Rainmaker mode which was really tense, hoping they include even more alternate modes with Splatoon 2, Turf War is great but feels a bit less competitive at times than the ranked modes.

Yeah a much better tug of war style mode than tower control since you can make your way through the map however you want, I remember having some crazy push backs where the enemy team almost won but you just stop them in time.

I don't remember fully but do you see an icon on the HUD when someone has the rainmaker or is it just the map?
Both I think although might only be on the HUD when you're near.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 21:18

I remember trying to follow the big inksplats to find the rainmakers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:03

Part of me is still worried about not having a map on a second screen as I'm always glancing down at it so I can decide what area I want to push/defend. I'm sure it'll become second nature once I have it in my hands but on paper is sounds like a longer process.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 23:53

Had a good session of Wii U with some friends last night- probably the penultimate one before we all get Switches- and had a grand time. We did some Mario Kart 8, 'natch, a bit of Wii Party U, which does have some good games, and even a big go on Nintendoland, which is still pretty brilliant.

Most memorable was a run of matches on Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. The first character I played as was Ike, and when the crowd started charting "WE LIKE IKE" I started thinking about Eisenhower and decided it would be a good idea to pick all my characters for subsequent matches as the presidents.

Dwight Eisenhower Ike Because We Like Ike is a deliberate reference
John F Kennedy Jigglpuff Because I knew I'd die early
Lyndon B Johnson Robin Not memorable, no personality
Richard Nixon Wario Natch
Gerald Ford One of the Koopalings I couldn't think of anything so I thought Ford/ cars/ that little clown thing
Jimmy Carter Olimar I actually forgot Jimmy Carter on the night, but he's famous for reporting a UFO sighting so I'd have gone for ol' Olimar
Ronald Reagan Captain Falcon The movie star, the action man, the buffness
George HW Bush Bowser
Bill Clinton Shulk (in his pants) The sexiest president!
George W Bush Bowser Jr The only father son duo, see
Barrack Obama Dark Link The only black guy I could think of!
Hillary Clinton Bayonetta Not my president. I mean, none of them are, I live in the UK, but still...

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Man, poor Jimmy Carter. He seems like a good president as well!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:19

Is Trump Master (Little) Hand?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 20:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
Jimmy Ford Olimar I actually forgot Jimmy Ford on the night, but he's famous for reporting a UFO sighting so I'd have gone for ol' Olimar

Suspect

Just imagine how Jimmy Carter feels...

But that's neat! Would you be tempted to make Miis of them all and have an 8-player Smash?

Or do prime minsters
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:28

I feel like there's some more fun to be had here but I'm not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:39

The Wii U is the best local multiplayer console to date. With extra Switch controllers coming in at £LOADS for two, it might well still be that for a while. Shame it's harder than ever to play local, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:45

You get two controllers in the box, Balla with the the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:49

I know, but for me, the best local multiplayer involves 4 or more people. See also: Newcastle. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 21:57

Sure and that's going to cost £80 for a set of Joy-Cons which would get you 4 players and how much would it cost normally to buy 3 extra controllers for 4 players normally.

I think the whole Joy-Cons can be used as mini controllers will be great for Newcastle, if 6 of you go and all take your Switch, you could basically play 12 player.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:09

Also, Nintendo have expressed interest in patching in support for certain older controllers.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:32

I never got to play local Wii U multiplayer. It just never happened - I didn't have any mates that were up for it, and I've not had folk round enough for it to be an option. I guess that means that I didn't get the most out of stuff like Nintendo Land and Mario Kart 8. But even still, I don't see much else to suggest that I've missed out on a whole lot. To say that "the Wii U is the best local multiplayer console to date" would surely require you to ignore a lot of past Nintendo, Sony, SEGA and Microsoft stuff, surely?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 22:33

I was going to say, my SNES with multitap wants a word with you. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 1:49

The N64 is still the champion of local multiplayer in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 6:04

When I saw Balla say that did make me chuckle as I can think of loads of betters systems for local multiplayer then the Wii U but I thought I'd talk about how great the Switch may be for it.

Personally the Cube would be it for me as it has everything you would want and more.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 7:12

Obviously assume that there was an 'in my opinion' in that post.  Naturally subjective.  However, I base my assessment on the following:
  • The best Mario Kart, almost universally considered as such (with apologies to Zero, no four-player Kart on the SNES rules it right out);
  • The best Smash Bros., less universally considered as such but if you've got mates round they're less likely to appreciate the subtleties of SSBM's gameplay and more likely to laugh at the ability to play as ROB or DHD;
  • 8-PLAYER SMASH;
  • Nintendo Land, a damn fine and underrated game;
  • The artsy bits, and maybe some other bits, from Game & Wario;
  • Wii Sports.  The game that made the Wii a multiplayer favourite is available here, in both original (due to the ability to play Wii games) and updated forms.

(Add Bumpie's Party if you're Drunka.)

I could also rule out much of the other formats back catalogue due to limiting the local multiplayer to two players, and all handhelds due to everyone requiring their own console.  But I really do feel that, in this day and age, the line-up above blows all of them out of the water.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 9:24

Not bad reasons but we can come back to this, somewhere else as I've got a idea.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 16:20

I could just about hear the gears turning in your head while I was reading that last post. "Naturally subjective", "bollocks", it's all one.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 19:00

I'd like to point that I do think wii U's local MP is up there though I just didn't get much of a chance to experience it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 19:45

We can't all have your Ferrari of a brain Cappa. Winky Face I look great at steampunk balls, I'll say that much.

Anyway I'll stand by what I ground out. Frankly a machine could have MK8 and SSBU alone and (if it didn't cost too much) it'd be in my top three local multiplayer consoles.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 20:30

I agree with Mas (although my heart says N64). The GameCube had a superb Mario Kart and probably the best Smash Bros PLUS Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, a good Mario Tennis,, WARIOWARE, a fantastic Mario Golf, the best F-Zero, TIMESPLITTERS 2!!!, Burnout 2 etc.

Saying that, the PS2 is often overlooked (because it needed multitap). Virtua Tennis 2, great WWE games, PES, Timesplitters, Twisted Metal... but I'll stick with GameCube.

I didn't get to experience the Wii-U "with mates" and outside of Mario Kart 8 and SSB4, there's nothing outstanding there, although Game & Wario had its moments.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:30

I forgot the PS2 still only had two native ports. Isn't that totally mad, looking back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 27 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 39  Next