'It was a dark and stormy night when she drove into my office, doing three front-flips and screaming 'NICE SHOT!''

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   Mon 22 May 2017 - 22:23

I'll allow it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   Mon 22 May 2017 - 22:30

I am officially too old for memes. Laughing

In other news, TW101 is definitely a Platinum game. It has that demand for the kind of exacting standard that I am not capable of. Still, I'm enjoying the varied set pieces and the design: the levels look like a child's playset, and some of the character portraits move like Thunderbirds puppets. An odd concoction, it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gjones
Rude-Faced Mii

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 19:02

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Played the first hour of this three-quel and have to say that it's hugely underwhelming. NGamer appeared to agree at the time, stating that the first section is "awful" and it's not until you get to the second world that things start to pick up. Was this common on Wii? Twilight Princess sticks out as another that suffered from a boring tutorial that dragged on too long.

The problem with the start of Prime 3 is how terrible the dialog is. It knocks you out of the immersive world Metroid is normally so good at absorbing you in to, which raised another issue - Prime 3 feels too open. Not open-world or open-ended, but it feels less claustrophobic and that sense of isolation is gone.

Please tell me it gets better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 19:34

Erm.  Nope.  Those are the problems with MP3.  I didn't have a problem with the openness so much, but the voice acting and 'characters' are notoriously awful.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:33

gjones wrote:
Not open-world or open-ended, but it feels less claustrophobic and that sense of isolation is gone.

It never really comes back, either. The levels are a lot roomier than past Metroids and there's far more talking than there should be in a Metroid game too.

I will say there are some cracking levels in the game though - if I remember rightly, the level that's basically Cloud City was a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30