We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 11:42

So the X title is now MiTB & Dreamer is basically invading with some ECW guys then we have the Hardyz trying to recapture their glory days? Oh dear.........Bound for glory being in Japan could be a really good move for them though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 14:52

Well not really just him & rhino, bully already there. The X title been like that for about 3 years now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 16:12

That shows you how much I watch it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:43

WWE aren't fannying about here: they've sacked Emma a couple of days after she was caught nicking an iPhone case from a supermarket. While I definitely don't advocate shoplifting, Jack Swagger's DUI and charges of being in possession of cannabis and Cameron's DUI and alleged bribery of the police force didn't take place in times of widespread cost-cutting. Bad week to be Australian.

~

I thought Money in the Bank was alright. Definitely feel that the MitB concept has had it's day, both as a storyline and from an in-ring perspective. Probably an unpopular view, that...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 22:41

The Emma thing seems weird compared to others, especially since santino brought her up.

I thought MITB was fine to the end, but they kinda amended that on raw with the people they brought back and how it looks like they going to push reigns.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 23:49

In an unorthadox move (even by WWE standards), WWE has reinstated Emma, just hours after sacking her:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-reinstates-emma-26450666

All a bit unprofessional altogether. I know folk that have been sacked for less. Still, all for folk keeping their jobs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 1:18

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I thought Money in the Bank was alright. Definitely feel that the MitB concept has had it's day, both as a storyline and from an in-ring perspective. Probably an unpopular view, that...

Even though I still enjoy the concept I can see what you mean, its also effectively negated the need for the IC/US title because it becomes the gateway to the wwe world title as the eventual winner gets a push for the next 6 months/year.

---

Random thought: I think there's been too many battle royals lately, we had the mania one, one for the US title, then the one to qualify for the wwe title MiTB match & now we will be having another for the IC title.

Now I like the match type but its much better when you only have a few a year not 5. (& I include the royal rumble variant in this too)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:18

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 Bodallas_zpsf13c29e7

Bloody hell! It's taken many months, but finally Bo Dallas has contributed something worthwhile to WWE television!

In truth, I could repeat that stuff I said about Bray Wyatt last year and apply it to Bo Dallas, that's my opinion of him. He'll get his chance, of course: he's surely got to be winning that IC title battle royal at the next PPV.

In other news...well, not much, to be honest. Things are just chugging along - slowly - and there's not much doubt about what WWE are building to ahead of SummerSlam.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 18:48

It could be worse we might have been lumbered with this Bo Dallas

(skip to 1:50) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqiZjzkevA

Anyhow I like his obnoxious character but still has a lot to learn ring wise but given his age (24) there is plenty room/time for him to grow in that regard, I don't see him taking the IC title as that surely belongs to Cesaro even if I do believe he's outgrown such a title.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 13:19

Did anyone see Battleground? I just caught two matches. The main event was fine (but lacked suspense, as the outcome was never in doubt: WWE seem to be sticking to the Summerslam plan very, very stubbornly). The opening tag match, as entertaining as it was, reminded me of a Davey Richards main event when he was ROH Champion. I like the idea of WWE giving it's talent license to go all-out, but it felt like a bit of an overindulgence, in which nothing was sold and the viewer had virtually no time to digest. About a million planchas and even more superkicks, but it didn't feel like they meant much.

~

In what might be a bit of sad news for long-term fans of wrestling here in the UK, Power Slam Magazine announced it's closure last week, and the final issue went on sale at the end of last week. Like with N64/NGC/NGamer, I bought Power Slam consistantly over the years, starting with the January 1998/Starcade '97 issue (which, strangely enough, was the month I bought my first N64 Magazine). I looked forward to it, enjoyed it and hadn't missed an issue since 2000. It was very instrumental in shaping the wrestling fan that I was and still am today, and I'll miss it.

http://www.psmag.co.uk/updates/37/Power-Slam-closes.htm
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 23:04

I enjoyed the ppv overall but most of it felt like it was all building towards something bigger (hopefully) at summer slam, they need to do more to make me interested in the AJ/Paige "feud" for example as this whole friends nonsense makes me switch off completely.

Oh and miz winning the battle royal was awful & sends the IC title further down the pecking order in my eyes, I'd would have even taken a Sheamus win so we could get a unification of those mid card titles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 23:23

See I thought Miz winning was the complete opposite to you as he's billed as this top movie star. But what's Cesaro done to seem like he's going to be pushed to now being nowhere again.

Summerslam Rumours:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 14:55

He's billed as a top movie star ironically though. That's the gimmick.

Also, as for those rumours:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 15:16

More chat about those rumours:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 22:33

More Slam:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 23:09

masofdas wrote:
See I thought Miz winning was the complete opposite to you as he's billed as this top movie star. But what's Cesaro done to seem like he's going to be pushed to now being nowhere again.

JayMoyles wrote:
He's billed as a top movie star ironically though. That's the gimmick.

The gimmick works for him its his wrestling ability that I don't like, he's just cherry picked move sets or styles from countless people but doesn't use them to the same affect, he's too concerned about being famous (thought this way before his hollywood gimmick) than working on his wrestling craftsmanship.  

Plus he's just got a face I wouldn't tire of punching.[/quote]

990 posts reached. Please create a new wrestling thread when appropriate. Thanks. - Balla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40