We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
beemoh
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Tokyo_Sonata
JayMoyles
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 16:49

The site
Explanation of the site

Helped back anything lately?  Found a project you really really want to get other people to back?  Missed backing something, but wished you hadn't?  Or are you Kickstarting yourself and want to advertise it (and have been participatory enough on the forum already to not get instantly modsmacked)?  Share it with other Gnamers.

I've funded two things: the insanely overfunded webcomic-based videogame Homestuck Adventure Game, and also relatively overfunded storytelling card game Story War.  So I probably haven't made much of a difference, but they are potentially relevant to my interests, which include having fun with family and friends, and having fun on my own.  I didn't back American McGee's F2P Japan-inspired WRPG Akaneiro, but it also looks interesting.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 13:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 21:29

I pledged to Freddie Wong's Video Game High School Season 2, which was a surprisingly funny sitcom of sorts of a high school where grades are based on how well you do in a video game. The jocks were FPS gamers, musicians were Guitar Hero playing rockstar wannabes, the alternative sports team (I guess like the basketball team if we're going by US terms) were racing game players... it seemed like a cheesy premise but I really enjoyed season one so I felt like helping out to fund the next season.

I will fund the hell out of a Firefly kickstarter if Joss Whedon ever gets round to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Tokyo_Sonata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 16:27

I knew of Kickstarter but never started one or backed any, though This controversy has made a lot of people angry and refuse to back on there anymore
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyMon 8 Apr 2013 - 13:47

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. That doesn't really sound like the site's fault, though, just that of a selfish producer. And as far as I can see, it doesn't sound like she's being outright fraudulent, just greedy. If she was being fraudulent, then KS would have grounds for stepping in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 16:18

The best Kickstarter ever?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:10

Balladeer wrote:
The best Kickstarter ever?

The internet's broken my brain - I don't know what is and isn't a spoof any more.

I'm going to Kickstarter some sandwiches I think.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 22:34

Thought I'd just post in here re-commending (and recommending) Story War, as linked to in the OP. If you have creative friends it is great fun. Had five of us playing it in the pub - two hours flew by.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 23:50

The only thing I ever kickstarted was a Midnight Resistance t-shirt and that was basically just them using Kickstarter as an alternative way to sell t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 19:55

Newest thing to catch my attention: an episodic RPG with 3DS, Vita and PS4 stretch goals, now featuring the character designer from FF Tactics. On the one hand, that's some pedigree they've got working for them; on the other, I'm uneasy about episodic games in general.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 20:37

Balladeer wrote:
on the other, I'm uneasy about episodic games in general.

Yeah, it doesn't seem that anyone other than Telltale seems to be managing it. Even when there's big backing, it seems that a lot of games never manage to complete their series, or even make a second episode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 22:29

Every so often, a project so intriguing, bizarre, or downright awful comes along that I feel the need to necrobump this thread.

This is one such project. Which of those three categories it fits into, I leave to you to judge.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 22:41

No thanks, I'll stick to backing RPG's for the Dreamcast
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 22:42

I am stunned, I just can't decide if that's genius or horrific.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySat 22 Nov 2014 - 7:58

The cause might be noble but the idea is macabre.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Mental note - use the word 'macabre' more often. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 13:35

My initial thought was "That's pretty fucked up" but surely if it get's young people giving blood that normally wouldn't then it's a pretty clever idea.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 15:14

I actually think this is a really good idea and I'm certain it'll encourage people to give more blood, even if it's just for a bit of near-death banter.
The only drawback that I can see as far as the game mechanic itself is concerned is the fact that if you're really good you may not end up giving much blood at all.
On another note, if you could get this and an occulus rift going at the same time we'd be even closer to replicating Sword Art Online which can only be a good thing. THINK OF THE IMMERSION!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptySun 23 Nov 2014 - 18:49

Although I can see the benefits in getting young people to give blood in that sort of way, I still can't help but find it immensely creepy. I don't like needles, which is not the best start.

It's all fairly academic, though, as there's no way they're going to raise the necessary funds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 18:53

It was taken down

But talking about backing, I've just backed this for Wii U , well I think I have as I did the $15 (AUS) as will get Wii U version but not showing up on Kickstarter that I have but I do have a paypal transaction of it.

This will be one of many things I've backed
Pier Solar on the Mega Drive I paid $50 before even seeing anything but a screenshot, this was before kickstarter was a thing.
Both of Watermelons Project games only about $10
Elysian Shadows a whooping $75, I did make a thread for that as it had a stretch goal for Wii U but never made it. I have contacted them asking is there plans still for a Wii U version but Balla might have to move it to general gaming maybe.
And now of course hollow knight

So anyone else been backing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:13

There is no way they're gonna get $6000 for a Wii U version in a day and a bit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:16

There's been a lot of push and likes of Axis fav Miss Rodgers retweeting it etc. And if you don't back then your not helping get that $6000 down.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:50

But if you do back and it doesn't reach it, they'll make it anyway and you end up with a PC copy you don't want Laughing
If I want a game I'll buy it when it's actually out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 20:00

I'm willing to risk £8.25 on it and if it doesn't come to U, I'll just give to code to someone or sell it on eBay. It's no big loss.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 21:52

It's probably not going to make it, but unless you donate some kind of stupid amount, what's the harm? And if you donate some kind of stupid amount, it might very well make it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 22:04

It made it there's 3 hours to go and is on $53k, so is unlikely to make VITA goal of $75k but who cares about that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 9:35

andyman949 wrote:
There is no way they're gonna get $6000 for a Wii U version in a day and a bit.

Would you like your words fried, sautéed, scrambled...?

(gobbles down last post, stir-fried with hoi sin)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next