We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)

Go down 
+22
SquidgyGoat
Rum
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
shanks
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Axis1500
The_Jaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 5 Mar 2014 - 7:22

You had me at "a new take on Picross." Love 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 5 Mar 2014 - 16:12

My eye is on Tappingo but I'm too busy with Mighty Flip Champs and Retro City Rampage DX. Couldst let me know if it's alright, chaps?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 22:15

This Week

3DS eShop

Pokémon Link: Battle! £7.19
Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot £2.69
Cube Tactics £4.49

3DS Retail Download

Yoshi's New Island £34.99

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Star Wars Pinball £3.14 until 20th March, normally £6.29
Marvel Pinball 3D £3.14 until 20th March, normally £6.29
Zen Pinball 3D £2.24 until 20th March, normally £4.49
Wakedas £1.69 until 27th March, normally 2.50
Witch & Hero £1.79 until 27th March, normally £3.60
World Conqueror 3D £3.59 until 27th March, normally £4.49

"Luigi" Special Offers

Luigi's Mansion 2 £31.99 until 18th March, normally £39.99
Super Mario Bros. 2 £1.74 until 13th March, normally £4.49
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 22:49

masofdas wrote:
Wakedas

Any relation?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 22:55

It's my cousin selling his body again.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 8:17

Got my eye on Pokémon Link: Battle! as the main part of 'Puzzle Week'. It feels like an age since I sat down with a match 3 puzzler...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 9:47

It's not a bad little puzzler
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 22:52

So many puzzlers, so little time, I suppose I should play the original Pokemon Link before downloading this as it still sits unplayed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 18:08

This Week

3DS eShop
Pure Chess £4.99

3DS Virtual Console
Devil World £3.49

Nano Assault EX £6.35 until 10th April
Art of Balance TOUCH! £4.70 until 10th April
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai £5.70 until 10th April
Mutant Mudds £5.39 until 3rd April
Angry Bunnies £4.49 until 17th April
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey £3.35 until 17th April

3DS eShop Permanent Discount

My Exotic Farm Now £6.29
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 23:33

Devil World? Wow.
I mean, it looks really boring, but it's nice to see it appear.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 10:20

I've been looking at the Virtual Console and deliberating over buying the three Game Boy Zeldas (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages). I've never played any of them before. As I think a lot of you have burned through them in your time, which would you recommend? Have they aged? Do you think I'd still enjoy them a lot?

I feel like I'm missing out on Zelda history by not having played any top down Zeldas properly.* (I had LttP on the GBA but I never got very far and then the battery died so I couldn't save it). Also, any estimates on how long they take to beat?

*I've beaten Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but they're not quite the same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 10:37

Rum Rapture wrote:
Have they aged?

I can't answer many of your questions, because while I started both LA and OoS, I never finished either.  This was primarily because the answer to the question above is "yes, and worse than LttP".  Maybe it's just me, but they just felt so very dated. Bear in mind that I don't get on well with many retro titles, and hadn't played them previously (and so don't benefit from nostalgia). I did finish and enjoy LttP on the GBA, however.

Definitely go back and finish LttP, if only because it'll set you up nicely to play the brilliant ALBW afterwards.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 12:11

I absolutely loved Link's awakening which is my favourite Zelda game (top down Zelda FTW) also it's not nostalgia talking here as I first played it when it was released on 3ds VC, can't say much about the I oracle games as I didn't get that far in them.

Also I second what balla says about LttP
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 13:02

As I think a lot of you have burned through them in your time, which would you recommend?
Having played all three, they're all enjoyable in different ways. Link's Awakening is a great little adventure, whilst Seasons focuses on action, with Ages much more cerebral. If I had to pick one, it would be Link's Awakening, but that's just my love for the game.

Have they aged?
Yes, inevitably. If you want the one that feels freshest, you should get Ages.

Do you think I'd still enjoy them a lot?
I did when I played them again, but had the nostalgia factor to back me up. I think you'd enjoy them, but 'a lot' is up for some debate.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 16:27

This Week

3DS eShop

Skater Cat £4.49

3DS Virtual Console

Adventure Island II £4.49

3DS Retail Download

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney £39.99

Snow Moto Racing 3D £5.39 until 17th April
Real Heroes Firefighter 3D: Download Edition £4.49 until 17th April

3DS eShop Demo

Wakedas
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 23:02

Rum Rapture wrote:
I've been looking at the Virtual Console and deliberating over buying the three Game Boy Zeldas (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages). I've never played any of them before. As I think a lot of you have burned through them in your time, which would you recommend? Have they aged? Do you think I'd still enjoy them a lot?

I feel like I'm missing out on Zelda history by not having played any top down Zeldas properly.* (I had LttP on the GBA but I never got very far and then the battery died so I couldn't save it). Also, any estimates on how long they take to beat?

*I've beaten Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but they're not quite the same.

As the other doods said, definitely play LttP first. As for the Gameboy games... I don't think the oracles have aged badly at all; if you treat them as a retro experience, I'd go as far as to say they are brilliant (Ages is more epic than Seasons). I played Link's Awakening after these, and actually I'd say there's a massive difference between those and the former; LA is a lot more clunky, despite the core engine being the same.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 12:00

What I might do, then, is buy LttP and then buy A Link Between Worlds and leave the Game Boy ones for another day. Wish SNES games were on the 3DS eShop though, would love to be able to buy LttP on mine.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 17:44

Anyone tried the Wakedas demo? Saw someone describe it as "like solving one side of a Rubik's cube" which I think is pretty accurate - it's alright but I'm not hooked.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 9:30

This Week

3DS eShop

Bubble Pop World £4.49

3DS Retail Download

Super Monkey Ball 3D £14.99

3DS eShop Permanent Discounts

EDGE £1.79
Monster Shooter £3.20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 11:16

Looks like I'll be starting my long-overdue apology to Jay by buying Aria of Sorrow when it comes out on VC. Maybe GP Legend too.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 15:55

Balladeer wrote:
Looks like I'll be starting my long-overdue apology to Jay by buying Aria of Sorrow when it comes out on VC.  Maybe GP Legend too.

Did you mean to post this in the Wii U eShop thread...?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 16:31

Noyes.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 1:18

I'll definitely be picking up Aria of Sorrow, having really enjoyed Dawn of Sorrow when I bought it last summer. Hoping GBA Virtual Console, with it being a new and popular platform to the service, will get more publisher interest than what we've seen so far for the other platforms...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 22:23

This is looking interesting.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 0:12

Hopefully the source material is good.

The 3DS version of Retro City Rampage has already outsold the XBLA version, slightly depressing to see Microsoft's digital store (which started the digital content revolution on console) fall from grace, I have a feeling this is partly due to the demographic of the Xbox 360 changing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)
Page 15 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next